Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

On the way: black history month, Alexa Bliss and Coliseum VHS tapes Most Unusual Matches, Funniest Moments, Battle at Royal Albert Hall, World Tour ’92, Invasion of the Bodyslammers

www.wwe.com/wwe-network-2018-collections

oneilla wrote: »
    On the way: black history month, Alexa Bliss and Coliseum VHS tapes Most Unusual Matches, Funniest Moments, Battle at Royal Albert Hall, World Tour ’92, Invasion of the Bodyslammers

If "funniest moments" has the Bushwhackers on the front cover, I remember renting it from my local Xtra vision back in the day. It was awful :P

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭colmufc

i still have world tour 92 on tape

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Coliseum Videos are up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Coliseum Videos are up.

OH HELL YEAH!!

• Advertisement

There are some interesting curios on them Coliseum tapes but most of the matches on them were from grueling 4-6hour tapings in front of exhausted crowds and the commentary was post-production.

Invasion of the Bodyslammers has Undertaker matches vs Razor Ramon and a Papa Shango one. There's also a pretty good Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart match for the IC title.

There are some interesting curios on them Coliseum tapes but most of the matches on them were from grueling 4-6hour tapings in front of exhausted crowds and the commentary was post-production.

Invasion of the Bodyslammers has Undertaker matches vs Razor Ramon and a Papa Shango one. There's also a pretty good Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart match for the IC title.
    Isn't the IC title ladder match the first laddder match in WWF ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Bret v Shawn was the first ladder match.

Yes. It's on the 1992 compilation Smack 'em Whack' em but had already been previously added under the ladder match collecrion.

Bret lobbied Vince to let him work a ladder match at a Tv taping which was later released. It's far from the ladder matches which came later.

Yes. It's on the 1992 compilation Smack 'em Whack' em but had already been previously added under the ladder match collecrion.

Bret lobbied Vince to let him work a ladder match at a Tv taping which was later released. It's far from the ladder matches which came later.

Well even the ladder match between the hardys and edge and Christian the crowd didn't know how to react. You can see them coming around to the match.

• Advertisement

Maybe I missed this before but I didn't remember hearing Big Show talking about putting a unloaded gun to his head when he was really down on the Steve Austin podcast on the network. Jesus you wouldn't think it to listen to the guy talk.

I'm a day late but happy 4th birthday WWE network.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'm a day late but happy 4th birthday WWE network.

jayus 4 years already

only seems like the other day it was launched and we had to hear that bloody 9.99 thing over and over again

Remember signed up for the us version by changing the IP address until the Irish version came out

PTH2009 wrote: »
    jayus 4 years already

only seems like the other day it was launched and we had to hear that bloody 9.99 thing over and over again

Remember signed up for the us version by changing the IP address until the Irish version came out

Yep I've been subscribed since day one. I know the current product may not be wonderful but the archive(which is getting bigger everyday) is an utter steal.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yep I've been subscribed since day one. I know the current product may not be wonderful but the archive(which is getting bigger everyday) is an utter steal.

and costs thousands to collect on DVD

€13 a month really good value when u think about it and u get the live PPVs too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I remeber thinking that Legends' House was going to be a fun show to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

PTH2009 wrote: »
    and costs thousands to collect on DVD

€13 a month really good value when u think about it and u get the live PPVs too

Still paying $9.99 a month is even better value :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I don't want to go into the PPV thread to ask this as I've not watched the main event yet but has anyone watched the elimination chamber replay yet? My sound is out of sync, a second ahead and it's really distracting. I didn't notice any sound issues when I watched it live so just wondering if it's my device as I'm using some Bluetooth headphones.

EDIT: Nephew finally went to sleep, put it on the chromecast and sound is fine so it was the bluetooth

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Anyone here using the Network on an Nvidia Shield? (Or can you even?)

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Pinkman

There doesn't seem to be enough new content anymore. Lots of great shows such as Wrestlemania rewind haven't had a new episode in ages. Same with The Countdown/List. WWE 24 should be every month. The 365 show with Kevin Owens was very interesting so why not more episodes with others? Same goes for Corey Graves interview show. It's only a sit down for 15 minutes - they should be releasing new episodes weekly considering the low cost and how fast they could be produced.

I'd love a show were they have classic matches with the wrestlers themselves commentating over the match and talking about different spots etc. Austin has done this a bit on his podcast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Over 90 episodes of All Star Wrestling out of Pennsylvania from between '75 & '80 have been added to the Network.

It's great seeing all these old school territory content options being added.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Over 90 episodes of All Star Wrestling out of Pennsylvania from between '75 & '80 have been added to the Network.

It's great seeing all these old school territory content options being added.

I couldn't agree more Gerry. I think the fact that WWE have acquired all those wrestling libraries from America and Canada is a good thing for the preservation of recorded wrestling history of the 20th century. The WWE have the resources to properly preserve this stuff and make sure it survives.

The all star wrestling stuff is brilliant as yo hear Vince call wrestling like a wrestling match. He calls the moves and treats it like legit sport unlike how he would years later. Now I think the fact his father was still the owner of the territory played a part in that. He was doing what his father asked him to do.

WCW Thunder episodes will be added on the 19th of March.

No word yet on how many episodes.

WCW Thunder episodes will be added on the 19th of March.

No word yet on how many episodes.

Oh now yes this is great news.

That website (WWE network news) that breaks all the news regarding uploads to the network have said that they haven't uploaded "Superstars" episodes yet due to legal issues and WWE not owning the rights to the "Superstars of Wrestling" name

That website (WWE network news) that breaks all the news regarding uploads to the network have said that they haven't uploaded "Superstars" episodes yet due to legal issues and WWE not owning the rights to the "Superstars of Wrestling" name

Yeah someone else got in there before them, which given how on the ball the WWE legal team normally is someone dropped the ball there.

Don't think I've ever seen a full episode of Thunder. When they're uploaded i will probably watch one or two to see how bad they were.

Thunder is up.

First episode from January 98 up untill September 99. The rest will be uploaded another time I presume.

Episodes 12, 14, 15, 16 and 18 missing from 1998 for some reason though.

Episode 15 is the one where buff bagwell was injured badly.

• Advertisement

Missing episodes have now been added so every episode up to September 99 have been uploaded.

Advertisement