Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Today is the 24th anniversary of wrestlemania X and as it started at 9pm our time 24 years ago right now there are probably people who watched posting on this forum.

I have a very special place for this event. It was the first event I recorded myself. I got the tape myself and wrote wrestlemania X on it. I was nine and I wore that tape out and eventually lost the tape. It's one of my earliest vivid wrestling memories. I know I was watching wrestling before that but this is the first time I can recall vividly the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Today is the 24th anniversary of wrestlemania X and as it started at 9pm our time 24 years ago right now there are probably people who watched posting on this forum.

I have a very special place for this event. It was the first event I recorded myself. I got the tape myself and wrote wrestlemania X on it. I was nine and I wore that tape out and eventually lost the tape. It's one of my earliest vivid wrestling memories. I know I was watching wrestling before that but this is the first time I can recall vividly the event.

One of the first VHS tapes I ever bought. Used to rent 1994 Year in Review regularly from the video shop which had the two best matches on it. I assumed the rest of the card would be awesome but it's a 2 match show. A very notable one all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Jim Cornette photoshoot episode is worth 20 mins of your time. I was quite surprised that they shown a picture of Vince Russo on it.

Jim Cornette photoshoot episode is worth 20 mins of your time. I was quite surprised that they shown a picture of Vince Russo on it.

Yes it is. They show him pictures and his memory if things leads him to give great details about it. Although the should have recognised his hometown of louisville Kentucky. Yeah that was a surprise they showed Russo. Although he didn't lose his **** and asked them to move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

That photoshoot is very good really enjoyed all of them so far. Hope theres a few more to come

• Advertisement

WCW Saturday Night from 92 - 94 will be uploaded on the 2nd of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

sky88 wrote: »
    That photoshoot is very good really enjoyed all of them so far. Hope theres a few more to come

I watched Charlotte’s and Cornette’s. Both were enjoyable, Charlotte came across well. As she does in her book apparently.

Today is the 20th anniversary of wrestlemania 14. This is one of the few WWF videos I bought around this time. I always recorded them myself. The main event on paper should have been a classic(and the added bonus of Tyson being part of it) but it wasn't because both Shawn Michaels and Steve Austin weren't in peak condition. It wasn't bad until HBK did his turnbuckle spot except he just slammed into it badly. Whatever little bit HBKs back was holding up prior to that spot vanished. As much as an asshole he was backstage at the time, how he continued that match when he was clearly in a lot of pain I'll never know. Anyway twenty years jaysus.

Some WCW Saturday night added.

4th of April 1992 - 2nd of January 1993

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Today is the 20th anniversary of wrestlemania 14. This is one of the few WWF videos I bought around this time. I always recorded them myself. The main event on paper should have been a classic(and the added bonus of Tyson being part of it) but it wasn't because both Shawn Michaels and Steve Austin weren't in peak condition. It wasn't bad until HBK did his turnbuckle spot except he just slammed into it badly. Whatever little bit HBKs back was holding up prior to that spot vanished. As much as an asshole he was backstage at the time, how he continued that match when he was clearly in a lot of pain I'll never know. Anyway twenty years jaysus.

Christ, I feel old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

20 years, jesus. I remember being more excited for this than just about anything I can ever remember.

For me it was all about Kane vs Undertaker. Huge fan of both guys back in the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Just resubbed for mania and the hof, havnt watched any wrasslin since this time last year.

What documentaries currently on the network are worth a watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Any of the WWE 24 series is always worth a watch, as is the 365 one that follows KO for a year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I never really watched early HOF ceremonies. Is there any particular good speeches worth watching?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I never really watched early HOF ceremonies. Is there any particular good speeches worth watching?

bobby heenan being inducted or inducting anyone else is gold

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Have a look at Wrestlemania Theatre in Collections. It's a series of matches shot with different camera angles etc to those shown at the actual event. Looks like movie film, if that makes sense.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Have a look at Wrestlemania Theatre in Collections. It's a series of matches shot with different camera angles etc to those shown at the actual event. Looks like movie film, if that makes sense.

I had a look at one of them gerry. It looked to me like it showed all the cameras filming at the event. It looked like the set up in the production truck, where they see all the camera feeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Some new and returning shows on the network! Bruce Pritchard podcast! Its the only podcast I listen to so I hope it aint watered down.

Also edge and christian show!

And elias unplugged

Backlash, Money In the Bank, Extreme Rules,SummerSlam
    – Camp WWE (new season)
    – Ride Along (new season)
    – The Edge and Christian Show (new season)
    – Table For 3 (new season)
    – WWE Story Time (new season)
    – WWE 365: AJ Styles
    – WWE 24: The Hardys – Woken
    – WWE 24: RAW 25
    – WWE 24: Ronda Rousey
    – The 2nd Annual Mae Young Classic
    – WWE King of the Ring UK Tournament
    – Elias: Unplugged
    – Something Else to Wrestle Podcast with Bruce Prichard
    – Greatest Royal Rumble event from Saudi Arabia

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Subscribed again for the weekend that’s in it, Takeover and Mania for 12.99 is a bit of a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So new subscriber's get the network for free

How is that fare for some of us long time subscribers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

PTH2009 wrote: »
    So new subscriber's get the network for free

How is that fare for some of us long time subscribers

There's been a free month for years now.

You can unsubscribe and resub with another email. Then you can cash-in on their "3months for $.99c" offers they email to former subscribers every few months.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

WWE® (NYSE:WWE) today announced that its digital streaming service, WWE Network, reached a record 2.12 million total subscribers following last night’s WrestleMania®.1 This is a 9% increase from April 3, 2017, the day after WrestleMania last year.

Reigns = Subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

How many of those are paying?

Pentecost wrote: »

Don't know but how many will cancel after the free month ? That's what WWE are hoping for I'd imagine.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Pentecost wrote: »

subscribers as of April 9, 2018. Total paid subscribers reached 1.81 million, representing a 9% increase from April 3, 2017 – the day after WrestleMania last year.

WWE Network total subscribers at WrestleMania 34 and WrestleMania 33

I've only seen ten minutes of the WWE24 from last night but I can't wait to watch the rest. There were a few behind the scenes clips from the early Raws. I love the stuff that wasn't aired but filmed.

Also there is two sightings of the lesser spotted Kevin Dunn early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Just watching the Raw 25 24 and as bad as the night was in my memory this show is pretty good. I like the way they told X-pacs story, deserved it. Good watch

nazmoalex wrote: »
    Just watching the Raw 25 24 and as bad as the night was in my memory this show is pretty good. I like the way they told X-pacs story, deserved it. Good watch

Yeah really enjoyed the doc

Still confused over that taker promo that nignt, the miz and Finn came off very well

Looking forward to future 24 docs esp the Hardyz one

• Advertisement

Anyone's else's wwe network logo button disappear on there homepage on Sony Bravia android tv's ???

I can play it through Chromecast but rather a physical app on the TV. It's says it's installed

Edit- uninstalled the app and then searched the Google store and it's not there anymore ???. I can install it through third party but might as well just use Chromecast or my ps4

Advertisement