Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've had the American price since day 1 (for $9.99)

Downloaded the update on Xbox, signed in and now it says my next billing date will be the 26th of July but for €12.99. Tried to go onto the website to cancel and because "We are currently updating WWE network and are unable to change your profile information at this time" I can't cancel :P

I'm not complaining, got a few years at $9.99 but just to make others aware. Sly dogs haha

Where would it say that ? I'm still billed through paypal from day one. Did you do it through the Xbox first day ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Where would it say that ? I'm still billed through paypal from day one. Did you do it through the Xbox first day ?

I did the update on the Xbox today and when I signed in (you have to sign in after the update) it brought me to my account page and it said
    Next Billing Date: July 26th, 2019
    Next Billing Price: €12.99

You can't change anything on your account through Xbox.

I pay through PayPal. When I sign in on my laptop it still says $9.99 in my account there but I don't think it's been updated since I signed in on Xbox because there's a message saying you can't change anything on your account because the network is currently being updated.

I didn’t sign up for the network on day 1 because of concerns over price I did it because I wanted the network on day 1. I mean Netflix is 10.99 for me and I’m fine with it, but if there is a tiered system on the way my issue is we in Ireland will probably pay higher prices for the same level as someone else in Europe. I mean are we the only country in Europe who’s currency is euro that pays 12.99 ?

Looks like with the new update they've gotten rid of the feature where you could skip to the end of a match :( This was so handy when going through old Raws/Nitros.

You can skip to the next match but can't skip to the finish anymore.

Looks like with the new update they've gotten rid of the feature where you could skip to the end of a match :( This was so handy when going through old Raws/Nitros.

Can't you ? Ah feck it. I will say that the search funtion works perfectly though. I do my standard search which is ric flair vs randy savage. The old network search was a mess, but the new one gave me a selection of PPVs and then gave me 31 matches from the network that contained the two against each other. Huge improvement.

• Advertisement

I did the update on the Xbox today and when I signed in (you have to sign in after the update) it brought me to my account page and it said
    Next Billing Date: July 26th, 2019
    Next Billing Price: €12.99

You can't change anything on your account through Xbox.

I pay through PayPal. When I sign in on my laptop it still says $9.99 in my account there but I don't think it's been updated since I signed in on Xbox because there's a message saying you can't change anything on your account because the network is currently being updated.
    Just one final question. Was the 26th of the month the date you were always billed on ?

Just one final question. Was the 26th of the month the date you were always billed on ?

Sorry I messed up the date there in my post. The 26th was always the day I was billed but now it's saying my next billing date is the 28th. For the last 5 years I've always been billed on the 26th.

New billing date and price is very strange.

Just checked my billing info on the desktop version(I've never felt the need to check it before). I says my next billing date in August 3rd(which is the way it's always been) and the price is $9.99 plus charges(which never happen) so I suppose I'll have to wait until August 3rd to see what the price is.

Edit: Chromecast seems gone on the new version.

Just checked my billing info on the desktop version(I've never felt the need to check it before). I says my next billing date in August 3rd(which is the way it's always been) and the price is $9.99 plus charges(which never happen) so I suppose I'll have to wait until August 3rd to see what the price is.

On desktop it still says 9.99 for me and my old billing date. Just on the Xbox it says the 28th and 12.99 for some reason :P

I should know tomorrow hopefully if I'm billed on my usual date in the month.

On desktop it still says 9.99 for me and my old billing date. Just on the Xbox it says the 28th and 12.99 for some reason :P

I should know tomorrow hopefully if I'm billed on my usual date in the month.

Oh sorry when you said the date had changed and the price went up, I assumed you meant on the desktop billing info. Cactus that's very strange. yeah report back to what actually happens. You never know that might be a glitch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Is that from using the new update or speculation from the video/screens going around?

Loughc wrote: »
    Is that from using the new update or speculation from the video/screens going around?

Using the network after doing the update on Xbox mate.

Used to be say "Rock Vs shamrock" and the next option would be "Finish of Rock Vs Shamrock" but now it's just the option to go to the next match on the show.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Using the network after doing the update on Xbox mate.

Used to be say "Rock Vs shamrock" and the next option would be "Finish of Rock Vs Shamrock" but now it's the option to go to the next match on the show.

Ah that’s sh’te I’m working through old nitros and raws too. I loved that feature.

Loughc wrote: »
    Ah that’s sh’te I’m working through old nitros and raws too. I loved that feature.

Yeah it was nice to just skip to the finish of a DOA or Godwinn's match while going through 97 Raw :D

Yeah it was nice to just skip to the finish of a DOA or Godwinn's match while going through 97 Raw :D

Literally you’re reading my thoughts here :pac:

Just a couple of things I've noticed from just using the app on my newer phone(iphone 7) and old Ipad and the old ipad looks more polished. The app on my phone doesn't have chromecast anymore and the newest episodes of raw don't fill the screen. The app itself doesn't fill the screen actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭fman

Just to add to this. App updated on my android phone last night.
    Cast button is there but doesn't work. And by that I mean, hitting the button, the network logo appears on the Chromecast but when you actually send anything, an error appears.

Also to add insult to injury it now appears to be impossible to unsubscribe.

fman wrote: »
    Just to add to this. App updated on my android phone last night.
    Cast button is there but doesn't work. And by that I mean, hitting the button, the network logo appears on the Chromecast but when you actually send anything, an error appears.

Also to add insult to injury it now appears to be impossible to unsubscribe.

Unsubscribe from what ?

I think it would be fair of us to wait until 11pm tonight irish time to see how the app is. I say that because that is the time the migration from the old apps and desktop version of the network will be complete. I got a few error messages last night on my phone which I'm hoping is just a part of the change over.

Well the days of getting it for 9.99 are over for us in Ireland it seems. Next billing date for me is August 5th at 12.99. Well those of us who signed up and got it at the reduced rate got five good years out of it. The thing I’m worried about is when they bring in tiered network prices that us in Ireland will get shafted price wise on that. I mean I wish more things I payout were only 12.99 a month but still it was a nice deal.

Well the days of getting it for 9.99 are over for us in Ireland it seems. Next billing date for me is August 5th at 12.99. Well those of us who signed up and got it at the reduced rate got five good years out of it. The thing I’m worried about is when they bring in tiered network prices that us in Ireland will get shafted price wise on that. I mean I wish more things I payout were only 12.99 a month but still it was a nice deal.

I was charged the 9.99 today (my usual billing date and price) but the billing date has changed on the Xbox from July 28th to August 28th for 12.99 :P It's saying the same on desktop now as well so I think this was my last month at 9.99 and it'll be 12.99 from August 28th

• Advertisement

I was charged the 9.99 today (my usual billing date and price) but the billing date has changed on the Xbox from July 28th to August 28th for 12.99 :P It's saying the same on desktop now as well so I think this was my last month at 9.99 and it'll be 12.99 from August 28th
    Haha. Are you going to keep the network at 12.99 ?

I did a quick bit of maths on the increase and its 36 quid extra over the year which is 0.70 cent a week extra(I don’t normally in those terms) and I mean to be fair the desktop update looks class but I don’t know what era iPhone they tried it on but it looks stupid on an iPhone screen. My iPad from what I remember from last night was grand.

Honestly it's the removal of the skip to the end of a match feature that is annoying me more :D It was so easy going through old Raws and Nitros (which is all I really watch). Started from the start and have gotten as far as mid 98 haha

It's just a lot easier to follow storylines by going to the finish of a match you don't want to watch rather than skipping it completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Has anyone else's not updated yet? Mines still the same on PS4 and phone. Although I'd rather keep the old one if it meant not losing the skip to end of match feature, why would they get rid of that?

Has anyone else's not updated yet? Mines still the same on PS4 and phone. Although I'd rather keep the old one if it meant not losing the skip to end of match feature, why would they get rid of that?

I think it might be to do with the new upgraded search function. You'll just get the the few results for say "Savage Vs Flair" and not get double the results with "Savage Vs Flair finish" included for each match. That would be my guess.

Honestly it's the removal of the skip to the end of a match feature that is annoying me more :D It was so easy going through old Raws and Nitros (which is all I really watch). Started from the start and have gotten as far as mid 98 haha

It's just a lot easier to follow storylines by going to the finish of a match you don't want to watch rather than skipping it completely.
    Yeah I'd do the same and click to the second "dot" and get the end of the match I didn't want to watch and then get the backstage stuff and get the start of the next match if I wanted it. BUT aim sayinh that I do like that the backstage stuff is getting its own chapter because there have been some brilliant backstage segments in WWE history.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Updated for me now. Have they got rid of the watchlist too or am I blind?

Updated for me now. Have they got rid of the watchlist too or am I blind?
    They said they were removing it during the update but I’ve seen a quote that whatever you had on your wishlist was saved and will be the same when reinstated.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 WWEfansince90s

Hi all - any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I opened the Network app on my iPhone 5s (IOS version 8.4.1) but when I tried to watch a video the following message appeared:

MEDIA ERROR
    An error occurred when attempting to play this video. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please visit wwe.com/help

Is anyone else (with an old iPhone) experiencing this? I tried calling the WWE helpline in Austin Texas but the connection was terrible and I was on hold for 15 minutes on my two attempts. I'd be very disappointed if I can't use the app again as I access it almost daily. I'm aware that if I download the new IOS the app may begin working again but I'm happy with my phone with the current settings.

Thanks

• Advertisement

The minimum iOS is 10.2 now and it was iOS8 so you need to upgrade your iOS on the phone. If you have an iPhone5 you should be able to get to iOS 10.3.3.

Advertisement