Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Getting rid of the skip to end of match function, I thought this was supposed to be a good update :P Hopefully the watchlist isn't cut. The interface does look a lot better but they were very handy tools, watching through some old Prime Time shows at the minute, there's only so many Lanny Pofo, Hillbilly Jim and Hercules matches one can stomach!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Getting rid of the skip to end of match function, I thought this was supposed to be a good update :P Hopefully the watchlist isn't cut. The interface does look a lot better but they were very handy tools, watching through some old Prime Time shows at the minute, there's only so many Lanny Pofo, Hillbilly Jim and Hercules matches one can stomach!

It's not gone. They said whatever you had saved prior to the relaunch will be there when they bring it back.

My next billing date was the 5th of August after the update and it's now the 8th of August. I mean okay then.:D The only thing that's annoying me is the fact the app isn't fitting the full screen. I know pre 2008 stuff won't stretch and that's just the way it is, but HD stuff from 2008 onwards should be full screen regardless of device.

Sorted out the issue on my iPhone. I had to delete and download the app. I downloaded the app over five years ago on an iPhone5 and for reason the app assumed I still had that phone. Looks great now. ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

has anyone been able to cast from there phone to a chromecast wasnt coming up as an option looked around and couldnt see an option anywhere on it. hoping its just me being stupid.

using an iphone

sky88 wrote: »
    has anyone been able to cast from there phone to a chromecast wasnt coming up as an option looked around and couldnt see an option anywhere on it. hoping its just me being stupid.

using an iphone
    It's not there at the moment but they are saying they are working to fix it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I think the watchlist is under your account now.

Got stung for the 12.99 as well. Might unsub at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭087brain21

sky88 wrote: »

using an iphone

Get a cheap android box and watch through your tv thats how i watch the network
    couldn't watch a 3 hour ppv on my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

087brain21 wrote: »
    Get a cheap android box and watch through your tv thats how i watch the network
    couldn't watch a 3 hour ppv on my phone

Not a bad option.
    I would also suggest using a Roku. Can buy one for around 30/40 euro from the likes of Harvey Norman. You can also get other apps like ROH Honor Club and even OTT etc. Well worth it. Could easily spend that on a night out.

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Ah Gerry let's look at it logically here. Yeah it's a pain in the arse getting stung for the higher monthly price but did we honestly think it would last forever ? I didn't think we'd get over five years. I was convinced WWE would decide to cut us off because we found a loophole. Sure the increase wouldn't even give you price of a pint.
    Gerry I say sleep on it.

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Ah Gerry let's look at it logically here. Yeah it's a pain in the arse getting stung for the higher monthly price but did we honestly think it would last forever ? I didn't think we'd get over five years. I was convinced WWE would decide to cut us off because we found a loophole. Sure the increase wouldn't even give you price of a pint.
    Gerry I say sleep on it.

• Advertisement

Still no sign of a watchlist on mine. I see they have gotten rid of the hidden gems section that was in the vault too, why like? Not a fan of the update at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Finally signed up to the network through fire fox on the laptop. First impressions aren’t great. What’s the best way of navigating it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Finally signed up to the network through fire fox on the laptop. First impressions aren’t great. What’s the best way of navigating it?

Easy go to sign out and cancel your subscription.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I hope you got a free month or whatever because otherwise you've just signed up to pay money to see Corbin/Rollins, Shane O/Reigns and Becky/Flair on PPV over and over again.

I guess you could watch some of the stuff from the late 90s/early 00s to see something other than a wrestling company that could be best described as "beige".

lawlolawl wrote: »
    I hope you got a free month or whatever because otherwise you've just signed up to pay money to see Corbin/Rollins, Shane O/Reigns and Becky/Flair on PPV over and over again.

I guess you could watch some of the stuff from the late 90s/early 00s to see something other than a wrestling company that could be best described as "beige".

So you're back off a 2 week ban without a gimmick change huh? Just picking back up where you left off?

Okay well my next billing date in now the day on summer slam this year. Since the new network update my billing date is moving further away. I mean at some point surely to Christ I will be charged for August.

I give up lads. I got charged the old price this morning(my old date of billing) of 9.99 and my next billing date at the new price is September 18th. I give up trying to understand what the people in charge are thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,138 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Why did they remove the watch next episode grrrr

Why did they remove the watch next episode grrrr
    They didn't. It's now just you can turn it on and off.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,138 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    They didn't. It's now just you can turn it on and off.

Is that in the settings or something?

• Advertisement

Is that in the settings or something?

Yes. If you go to watch a video for example on your phone there is a little wheel type symbol in the bottom right corner next to the full screen icon. It gives settings to change audio language, subtitles, and autoplay on or off.

Still no sign of the watchlist returning.

So the next date of renewal is sept 23rd. Are the creative team booking my renewal dates now or what ? Just making this **** up as they are going along it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Was thinking of renewing before the weekend for Summerslam but have been reading that the update has made it a pain to cancel. Some saying you have to email customer support etc.

Is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyone watch the new Big show documentary

Fair play to him for doing so well in his recovery and he could reappear any day now for another in ring run (no doubt with plenty of face/heel turns)

Saw him in the Spencer a few times when they were over in Dublin and hes such a nice guy and really gives his time to fans when he can. Thought he was bigger tho but could of been just to the size of the lobby. I. Imagine you would really notice his nice in a small room. Still a big man and 5ft 6 me would not stand a chance lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

J. Marston wrote: »
    Was thinking of renewing before the weekend for Summerslam but have been reading that the update has made it a pain to cancel. Some saying you have to email customer support etc.

Is this true?

It's true. Used to be the case you could cancel with a few clicks but now that option has been removed from the accounts page.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Well shag that so. Services with intentionally obscure cancellation procedures can burn in a fire.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Anyone watch the new Big show documentary

Fair play to him for doing so well in his recovery and he could reappear any day now for another in ring run (no doubt with plenty of face/heel turns)

Saw him in the Spencer a few times when they were over in Dublin and hes such a nice guy and really gives his time to fans when he can. Thought he was bigger tho but could of been just to the size of the lobby. I. Imagine you would really notice his nice in a small room. Still a big man and 5ft 6 me would not stand a chance lol

Did.......did you stalk the wrestlers back to their hotel?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Lads I’m fairly new to the network but I’m finding it very tricky to navigate. There’s so much content but I’m finding things randomly. There are tones of series that come up randomly but aren’t actually listed under any category. It’s grand and all but navigating it is such a pain in the hole that I don’t know if I’ll bother beyond the month

• Advertisement

Lads I’m fairly new to the network but I’m finding it very tricky to navigate. There’s so much content but I’m finding things randomly. There are tones of series that come up randomly but aren’t actually listed under any category. It’s grand and all but navigating it is such a pain in the hole that I don’t know if I’ll bother beyond the month

They've "Upgraded" it recently, but honestly, I find it harder now to navigate than before

Advertisement