Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kevin2800 wrote: »
    Same here man just home tried ps4 and pc using unblock us, media error video not available all im getting

Could it be a server overload rather than geo-blocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

bboy123 wrote: »
    WWE posted the following on the Network's Facebook Page:

"We are currently experiencing technical issues with WWE Network’s video-on-demand library affecting 20% of viewers. Working with MLBAM, we expect to have this issue fully resolved by 6 p.m. tonight."

That's a relief. Was streaming the Live channel perfectly earlier but then couldn't get into any On Demand stuff. Hopefully they sort all these issues soon and we can enjoy hassle free content

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That's a relief. Was streaming the Live channel perfectly earlier but then couldn't get into any On Demand stuff. Hopefully they sort all these issues soon and we can enjoy hassle free content

I don't understand why so many people were jumping to the conclusion it's geo blocked when they're naturally going to struggle with initial demand.

Again it's like sim city and their servers. Give it a few weeks and then we'll see if we are geo blocked or not :)

We're deffo Geo-blocked.

Does it work on any device without the use of VPN/DNS ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

We're deffo Geo-blocked.

Does it work on any device without the use of VPN/DNS ?

It did last night, up until a certain point. Then all failed at the one time. I'm really hoping the block isn't in, but i've got that baaaaaad feeling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 scuboo

I got the app on my android phone and I can search through all the content but it won't allow me to play anything. Can't be played in your location. Player for 5 secs on the ps3 then got the media error.
    Is there any way to change dns setting on android?

scuboo wrote: »
    I got the app on my android phone and I can search through all the content but it won't allow me to play anything. Can't be played in your location. Player for 5 secs on the ps3 then got the media error.
    Is there any way to change dns setting on android?

Theres somewhat of a workaround 1 page back

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057118495&page=44

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

So is there any point in getting Unblock US?

What usually happens me (using Netflix US DNS settings) is that it plays the intro of a video, goes to the TVPG bit then gives me a "Fatal Error, something went very wrong, restart the application" message.

I'm assuming if the geo block was working then it would say unavailable in your country?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

Anyone know how many people signed up so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭brian_ire

Hygro, I think you're pretty safe to get Unblock-US. The fact that they say on their site that they support the WWE Network means it's unlikely (in the short-term anyway) to get GEO-blocked.

WWE are using MLB Advanced Media, so SmartDNS providers, such as Unblock-US will know from past experience with the other services they provide if it will work or not, and with them saying so fast that they will support it, I can't see there being too much of an issue down the line.

The issue with those connecting in at the moment either via VPN or SmartDNS is on WWE's end. If you're not using any sort of work around, well then it's to be expected that you'll have problems, if not now, then definitely in the long run.

Earlier I was getting the live stream and no VOD, now I'm getting VOD and no live stream (using unblock-us)

I'm quite sure once things settle down that the DNS route will work a treat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Has anyone tried Cyberghost VPN for the network? Not sure if this is still active but there was a link to 12 months for a fiver from Bargain alerts a while back.

https://store.cyberghostvpn.com/848/?scope=checkout&cart=136140&x-parameter=NewsletterENLaunchCG5_1013Inactive5&piwik_campaign=Newsletter&piwik_kwd=NewsletterENLaunchCG5_1013Inactive5&currency=USDNHC5&crel=currencyId

How do you use unblock us on the ps3? Sorry maybe a stupid question

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭brian_ire

They've got some pretty decent tutorials on their site.

This is the one for PS3:
    http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/291530

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

ok, just about to test my weekly trial of unblock US on the PS3 .... yessssssssssssssss!!! Get the fook in ya beauty :)

Working perfectly on laptop and iPhone using unblock-us.

PS3 was stuttering and stammering while trying to watch VOD content. Probably down to the issues WWE mentioned earlier.

So far so good.

So you have to pay for the unblock us to use it, is that the only way?

scuboo wrote: »
    So you have to pay for the unblock us to use it, is that the only way?

Yep.

9.99 dollars plus 4.99 dollars isnt bad until we get our own offering here in 2015.

Works out just over 11euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Signed up for Unblock-US on PC and its working perfectly, no lag, buffering.

Signed up for it and it works but it stops to buffer and it takes a while to restart

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

The launch of the wwe universe is going so well!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

How much do you need in your Paypal account when signing up?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mike316

Hola just updated android app. I added WWE app to view as USA but and thumbnails are showing again but it's still checking gps location :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Is it working on the xbox app yet? I'm not at home to try

Live stream working under unblock us on laptop. Working like a dream on my iPad!! :D

Starting at WM13 and going up every ppv from there :)

Reliving my youth.

There is a way. I have it working now.

You need a GPS/location spoofer app. But that won't work alone as the network app won't work if mock locations is enabled in your developer settings. So:

1 turn on your GPS spoofer (i use location spoofer). Set location.
    2 open up Google Maps, and load it's map location. It should load your fake location. This will put the location into the android device.
    3.ensure this location matches that of your vpn .Mine are both set to los Angeles
    4 turn off GPS spoofer. close app
    5 disable "allow GPS mocking." look in applications, developer tools section

It works but each video takes a good minute to load.
    Hope this helps some of you

I've been trying this along with Hola Unblocker on Android, and can't get it working at all

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭bboy123

Ahhh it's working again. Just about to settle down to watch wrestlemania 2 :D

Any joy working on PS3 lads with Unblock US?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Any joy working on PS3 lads with Unblock US?

Yeah. Works perfectly live and on demand

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭bboy123

jamc wrote: »
    Yeah. Works perfectly live and on demand

Any ideas on xbox 360?

do you need gold? I got a uk account, would it mean I have to setup a US account and buy gold for that too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It was working fine for me this morning on the laptop using hola watching survivor series 2002(first eliminaton chamber), and had forgot that bubba Dudley and Jeff hardy had fought at that event as a team.

Advertisement