Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Pretty hard to pay for the Peacock sub. Revolut & Paypal both seem to fail for me.
    Anyone have any ideas?

Google pay worked for me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Was just going to ask the same question re: payment method. I'mma stick with the Network but would be interested in getting the full Peacock package at some point...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jesus lads just pay the €12.99 and save yourselves from all the hassle :D:D

Necro wrote: »
    Was just going to ask the same question re: payment method. I'mma stick with the Network but would be interested in getting the full Peacock package at some point...

I did it by accident. I made my account for free, then couldn't pay whatsoever using my card or PayPal.

Then tried doing the same on my phone.... no dice, then accidentally came across an option to pay via Google Pay in yhe Play Store.... boom, it worked.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jesus lads just pay the €12.99 and save yourselves from all the hassle :D:D

Nah I have the Network, I'm more interested in the other things Peacock have tbh :D

• Advertisement

Nah I have the Network, I'm more interested in the other things Peacock have tbh :D

My own sub went after Rumble, so was gonna sign up for it for Mania.

But wanted to watch Superstore season 6 so think Ill try peacock for Takeover.... if its a good experience then maybe I wont reupp to WWE.

I'll be cancelling post Mania but I always commit from Jan to April for the road to Mania. Mind you, this may be the last time given the state of the product at the moment.

I'll be cancelling post Mania but I always commit from Jan to April for the road to Mania. Mind you, this may be the last time given the state of the product at the moment.

I feel like we say that every year

beakerjoe wrote: »

I know :rolleyes:

I truly feel like this gif is my relationship with wrestling :D

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Google Pay worked anyway for Peacock.

Peacock also shows EPL games so it's worth a bash if you have a decent VPN.

• Advertisement

Google Pay worked anyway for Peacock.

Peacock also shows EPL games so it's worth a bash if you have a decent VPN.

I dont know if they show all games. Also I dunno if I can stomach American commentators

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Their original content has gotten better so I'll be liable to get it back I'm sure, but yeah getting rid after mania as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

I dont know if they show all games. Also I dunno if I can stomach American commentators

They use a broad range of broadcasters including sometimes the PL's own. Martin Tyler does a lot of games for them. You might get a yank but you might not. Yes, I watch PL on Peacock before you ask.

The in studio analysis is Rebecca Lowe of Setanta fame, Robbie Earle and Robbie Mustoe. Again you get the odd Tim Howard or Alexei Lalas but mostly UK folk.

They show about 6-7 games a week but with NBC SN closing at the end of the year it'll probably be 8-9 with one on NBC itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seems the move to Peacock is benefitting them.
    I don't think tvline would have it on their "what to watch" article if it was just the Network
    https://tvline.com/what-to-watch/chad-series-premiere-nasim-pedrad-tbs-comedy/

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Seems the move to Peacock is benefitting them.
    I don't think tvline would have it on their "what to watch" article if it was just the Network
    https://tvline.com/what-to-watch/chad-series-premiere-nasim-pedrad-tbs-comedy/

They're making about $100 million more per year on it through Peacock than direct...so yeah, it's benefiting them :p

But I get your point.

Think I'll stick to the network for the Takeovers

Ads on BT would do my head in as always

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well they didn't edit out AEW related material

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Monokne wrote: »
    Steph should be top 10 realistically, even in kayfabe.

She's been a key character on TV for 2 decades, is one of the best female promo's there's been and was in what's probably the highest profile match involving women in Wrestlemania history.

Steph 23
    Becky 3
    Charlotte 2
    Trish 1

Trish at 1 is just one of those WOW moments.

I love Trish. But she got over based on her looks. That's it. End of story.

She did develop into an acceptable pro wrestler and a borderline reasonable promo and she deserves credit for that. Really, genuinely does. She also seems like a really wonderful lady.

But by what metric would she hold a candle to Charlotte, Becky or Ronda? She cannot cut a promo or work a match anywhere near their level, never in a match that was featured at anywhere close to PPV main event level, never really involved in a program that was there to draw money. She was a reliable midcard performer when the division was presented in that manner. I mean how many matches did she ever have that were longer than 10 minutes?

There are two rational explanations and the answer is probably a combination - Vince's predilection for that specific look, and Vince & the companies tendency to present the past as superior to the present.

I'm probably putting far too much thought into it but it is just so objectively silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This is one I think I would enjoy watching.

How long before they make one on the Mother & Son.

• Advertisement

The Jericho broken skulls podcast is now up on the network

Monokne wrote: »
    Trish at 1 is just one of those WOW moments.

I love Trish. But she got over based on her looks. That's it. End of story.

She did develop into an acceptable pro wrestler and a borderline reasonable promo and she deserves credit for that. Really, genuinely does. She also seems like a really wonderful lady.

But by what metric would she hold a candle to Charlotte, Becky or Ronda? She cannot cut a promo or work a match anywhere near their level, never in a match that was featured at anywhere close to PPV main event level, never really involved in a program that was there to draw money. She was a reliable midcard performer when the division was presented in that manner. I mean how many matches did she ever have that were longer than 10 minutes?

There are two rational explanations and the answer is probably a combination - Vince's predilection for that specific look, and Vince & the companies tendency to present the past as superior to the present.

I'm probably putting far too much thought into it but it is just so objectively silly.

Afair Ronda was pretty bad on the mic

Trish and Lita main evented Raw and were in mixed tag matches which at that time was a big deal

Watched Jericho on Austin's show.

I said earlier in this thread that they won't even mention AEW and I was.... Wrong! They openly talk about it and Jericho talks about it in glowing terms! Tony Khan gets a mention, Cody, Omega, Bucks, Hangman get a mention. There's a picture on the screen of Jericho with the AEW title. Jericho says they're on TNT on Wednesdays. It was actually a great advertisement for AEW.

It was noteworthy for the barrier seemingly being broken between AEW and WWE. For me, it was interesting to a point but ultimately nothing we didnt already know about Jericho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

A great watch in fairness.

One thing's for sure, he'll be back in WWE at some point whether that be HOF or as soon as his AEW deal ends.

If I'm honest it kinda shows Vince doesn't see AEW as any sort of a threat presently. And that's not a knock, but if he did I don't think it happens given how complimentary Jericho was to AEW.

That's not to say they won't be in the future but at least at this point in time it shows they're not considered as competition imo.

Day of Fastlane following Sheamus is a good watch

Sheamus getting a bit emotional at the end

If I'm honest it kinda shows Vince doesn't see AEW as any sort of a threat presently. And that's not a knock, but if he did I don't think it happens given how complimentary Jericho was to AEW.

That's not to say they won't be in the future but at least at this point in time it shows they're not considered as competition imo.

The only way they were ever going to be a threat was in giving talent leverage to drive up pay - which they have done - and that is why he put NXT head to head with them, to try and surpress their growth. Clearly he is cognisant of their impact on his business.

But I think people misunderstand the WCW war in hindsight. The WWF very nearly went out of business in 1995 & 1996. Vince's personal net worth was in the 7 figure range and the company lost $5 million in 1995. WCW was a threat. They could have put him out of business and that is what that battle was. It was not just about being the more successful company - it began with the real possibility one or the other company may end up going away. And in a circuitous route, ultimately that is what happened.

WWE is much more cemented in mainstream culture now. FOX & NBC Universal between Raw, SD, NXT, the reality shows & the network are paying them $700 million annually and lean heavily on Vince for content & eyeballs. AEW is not going to put the company out of business or prevent them being massively profitable. There is no threat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Looks promising, hope the best bits weren't in the trailer.

Advertisement