Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

So is it safe to buy the subscription after the free trial? Is there a chance we could get cut off after agreeing to the 60 quid for 6 months or whatever it is?

I'm cancelling before the trial ends as I don't want to risk it but I'll see how it goes for others outside of US. If it's stable I might sign up for the 6months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Really good news about future first run ppvs:

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/96-wwe/35650-clarification-on-ppvs-on-the-wwe-network

Clarification on when WWE Network will air first-run PPVs

Because of various rumors and questions being asked, this is the situation with pay-per-view replays on the network.

Essentially, all PPVs from this point forward will be on the network. The 30-day window of not putting the show up that is the case with Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber will not apply to WrestleMania, or any shows going forward.

Those two shows were part of previous agreements with cable companies that did not give WWE the right to put the shows up or release them elsewhere for 30 days. Royal Rumble should be up on the network today or tomorrow and Chamber on around March 25th.

All shows going forward will be available as video-on-demand content shortly after the completion of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

If any of you lovely folk could click into your billing information and check out where it says "click here to update your personal information"

Mine Reads This

"Your WWE Network subscription has been suspended. Please provide updated payment information to resume your subscription.

The credit/debit card or PayPal account you have on file will be charged $9.99 plus applicable taxes.

Most recent billing was on Monday, February 24, 2014.

Your next billing date is Monday, March 03, 2014. The credit/debit card or PayPal account you have on file will be charged $9.99 plus applicable taxes on this date".

Just wondering if this is a generic statement or if my account will be suspended. I haven't canceled my membership and I still have access to the 7 day Trial

Or perhaps I'm having a 'Blonde' moment and it's due to the fact that no money was taken from my account yet.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That is true. So how many are gonna take the risk?

I'm gonna take the risk. It'll be worth it for a clean stream for WM the next day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So while US Unblock works brilliantly for the Network, it seems to have borked my ability to stream podcasts, and has mucked up my Spotify as well :S

Going to try Tunnelbear I think, since they seem to have a switch that flips back and forth, rather than having to change DNS settings.

Another thing; anyone using Apple TV? My birthday is coming up and people are pestering me to come up with a present idea, and tempted to get it. East to use? Easy to...ahem...accidently stream stuff that might be for my eyes only? :P Network work on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

That is true. So how many are gonna take the risk?

It's not much of a risk. It's only a few quid.

Either way, I doubt there'll be an issue. Unblock-US are very good at what they do (I've used them for access to the various international Netflix catalogues for a long time) and it simply isn't in WWE's interest to go out of their way to block people outside of America.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I took the risk, was delighted when the Network worked straight away. I'm sure ye can imagine the face on me when the geo-block switch was hit though.

Quick question - I signed up for a free week with Unblock-Us. I never received an email with instructions on how to use the service.

So, used the generic how to set up instructions for ps4,and they work! How does Unblock-Us know who's a genuine subscriber to their service?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    So, used the generic how to set up instructions for ps4,and they work! How does Unblock-Us know who's a genuine subscriber to their service?

In order for it to work you have to go on unbluck-us on your browser on the ps4 and it verifys you, you wqill not be able to access anything with out it!

It's well worth it i think though! I will be signing up after my week trial is done!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

In order for it to work you have to go on unbluck-us on your browser on the ps4 and it verifys you, you wqill not be able to access anything with out it!

It's well worth it i think though! I will be signing up after my week trial is done!

I have to do that though - I just put the DNS settings, restarted the console, and away I went

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I'm cancelling before the trial ends as I don't want to risk it but I'll see how it goes for others outside of US. If it's stable I might sign up for the 6months.

Great idea. Will probably do the same

• Advertisement

nocoverart wrote: »
    If any of you lovely folk could click into your billing information and check out where it says "click here to update your personal information"

Mine Reads This

"Your WWE Network subscription has been suspended. Please provide updated payment information to resume your subscription.

The credit/debit card or PayPal account you have on file will be charged $9.99 plus applicable taxes.

Most recent billing was on Monday, February 24, 2014.

Your next billing date is Monday, March 03, 2014. The credit/debit card or PayPal account you have on file will be charged $9.99 plus applicable taxes on this date".

Just wondering if this is a generic statement or if my account will be suspended. I haven't canceled my membership and I still have access to the 7 day Trial

Or perhaps I'm having a 'Blonde' moment and it's due to the fact that no money was taken from my account yet.

Mine says:

WWE NETWORK BILLING INFORMATION
    You are currently within your 7-day Free Trial of WWE Network.

Your 7-day Free Trial ends on Monday, March 03, 2014, and your paid subscription will begin on Monday, March 03, 2014. The credit/debit card or PayPal account you have on file will be charged $9.99 plus applicable taxes on this date.

If you do not wish to be charged, you must cancel your account before Monday, March 03, 2014. For additional information, click here or contact customer service at 866-308-5684.

PAYMENT INFORMATION
    Your subscription will be billed to the PayPal account The Ayatolla.

Click here to update your payment information.

I paid for it as well.

Ill be happy if we get to Wrestlemania 30 with it. The whole Hall of fame ceremony on it live and I would have paid UPC 21.99 for WM.

Even if we are cut off before then, feck it its only e45. Less than a night out.

Now to try get through as many ppvs as possible :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Apparently going on by best estimates 69-70% of WWE subscribers are from the USA, 30% Rest of the World obviously with 17% from European.

lol, lol and lol

rovert wrote: »
    Apparently going on by best estimates 69-70% of WWE subscribers are from the USA, 30% Rest of the World obviously with 17% from European.

lol, lol and lol

Vince will be happy to present all of those as US subscribers when subscriber numbers are announced the day after WrestleMania. :D He'll be a happy man. PPV numbers outside the US will be down but that's not a priority for them going forward.

Unfortunately it will probably make it look like WrestleMania, in particular Orton-Batista, was a success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

lol, lol and lol

If these are accurate then I find it hard to believe that they will go to the bother of GeoBlocking and losing out on a huge chunk of change.

At the end of the day, we are still paying for the service so I don't see any issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

honestly not sure the network will have much of an effect on the ppv numbers at all but we will see. network is clearly aimed at those that are fans but would stream for free rather than pay the $45 or whatever for a ppv.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Does anyone have a pending transaction (7.45 euro) after signing up for the trial? I do. I was under the assumption the week for was for free :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Does anyone have a pending transaction (7.45 euro) after signing up for the trial? I do. I was under the assumption the week for was for free :confused:

You should have it. It will be taken out of your account when the free week is over/the paywall kicks in. It is a reoccuring transaction and common sales tactic. Most people either like what they see or just forget to cancel the reoccurring element.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

If these are accurate then I find it hard to believe that they will go to the bother of GeoBlocking and losing out on a huge chunk of change.

At the end of the day, we are still paying for the service so I don't see any issue.

They have already geoblocked hence why people are using DNS services from various websites. $60+$30 for the DNS is 65Euro which is a fair chunkc of change to risk during a recession-WWE could find a way to block the DNS people are using.

When it was launched it wasn't blocked so they know many from outside USA are using it.

I wonder coyld the UK/Ireland launch end up being ceaper or dearer or missing some things. Freemantle and SilverVision before them have to spend a few thousand £ per each DVD release to have it certified by the BBFC. I wonder how this will affect DVDs. No sign of any sale to entice people to buy more discs from Freemantle and HMV aren't stocking them here.

Good point made here all the same:
    The only thing I'm worried about is if we don't have any comeback if wwe find a way to block us. I don't mind when the us netflix stops working because you can switch back to the uk one but to pay $60 and it stops working after a day or two is worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

You should have it. It will be taken out of your account when the free week is over/the paywall kicks in. It is a reoccuring transaction and common sales tactic. Most people either like what they see or just forget to cancel the reoccurring element.

I see it, I have a post it note on my screen reminding to cancel it after a week. Poor college student problems haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

cool update on the ps4 you skip to next match using L1,R1 love it

kevin2800 wrote: »
    cool update on the ps4 you skip to next match using L1,R1 love it

thank god - now they just have to add the search functionality!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

thank god - now they just have to add the search functionality!

lol just checked they added that aswell ha

brilliant, I couldnt believe it when i saw it wasnt there - on the most powerful console - at least they are copping on to it now

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i have a us psn account on the ps4 but when i cant connect to the internet when im on it and even when im connected it the wwe network app doesnt work

the internet is working now but it still wont play the wwe network on my ps4

They would probably be pressured to GeoBlock by their international distributors. For example if Sky have exclusive rights to show PPVs until 2015, then included in that contract would be a requirement that WWE block access to UK subscribers from the WWE network.

Not saying that is the case with Sky, just giving an example of the kinda reason WWE would have to block the network from non-US IP addresses.

I know it definitely works for this with football rights. RTE would have to block Champions League from non-Irish IP addresses, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,563 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's not even down to GeoBlocking. All they have to do is stop payment from non US Credit Cards and Paypal.

If anyone tries to sign up to Hulu Plus the same way as the WWE Network you're payment is bounced back saying they only except US Credit Cards.

I'd be happy with geo-blocking, as long as they don't block our cards.

It's not even down to GeoBlocking. All they have to do is stop payment from non US Credit Cards and Paypal.

If anyone tries to sign up to Hulu Plus the same way as the WWE Network you're payment is bounced back saying they only except US Credit Cards.

Yeah, I'm surprised they haven't implemented that.

Maybe WWE are pulling a fast one on their international distributors. Doing enough to show they are making an effort to block non-US subscribers but making it easy enough that many can still sign up and boost their subscriber numbers.

• Advertisement

PWinsider
    WWE has plans to add every episode of Saturday Night's Main Event and WCW's Clash of the Champions to the WWE Network soon.

Advertisement