Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

They would probably be pressured to GeoBlock by their international distributors. For example if Sky have exclusive rights to show PPVs until 2015, then included in that contract would be a requirement that WWE block access to UK subscribers from the WWE network.

Not saying that is the case with Sky, just giving an example of the kinda reason WWE would have to block the network from non-US IP addresses.

I know it definitely works for this with football rights. RTE would have to block Champions League from non-Irish IP addresses, for example.

Having said all this though, are Sky really losing out? Raw and Smackdown won't be streamed on the Network until 30 days later. The other thing is PPVs and Sky's new contract shifts them all to Box Office but will Network make that much of a dent? People had been streaming or downloading PPVs for years before now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just got an email

Thank you for signing up for WWE Network. We are working aggressively to address the login issue for Xbox users and expect to have it resolved by this Monday, March 3, if not sooner. You will be notified via email as soon as this issue is fixed. We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

In the meantime, please enjoy watching WWE Network on WWE.com, tablets, mobile phones or other connected devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Olstix90

Hey guys.

Signed up to unblock-us and still can't seem to verify my Windows or my PS3. Any advice? I am following each instruction and I still get 1 bar on the main page when I go to test it for the 3 bars.

Olstix90 wrote: »
    Hey guys.

Signed up to unblock-us and still can't seem to verify my Windows or my PS3. Any advice? I am following each instruction and I still get 1 bar on the main page when I go to test it for the 3 bars.

Just going by ps3 - you have to sign into unblock us (just put in your email on the top right of the page and press log in) through your ps3 web browser and then you'll get the 3 green bars.

Stuck on Backlash 2002 tonight because I always remember it having 4-5 themes dubbed on the DVD release.

Happy to say that Edges, nWo, RVDs, Takers, Flairs and Hogans themes are intact!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I watched Backlash 2004 today, really good show.

Orton had one of the best matches of his career and the HBK/HHH/Benoit rematch is as good as their WM match.

Stuck on Backlash 2002 tonight because I always remember it having 4-5 themes dubbed on the DVD release.

Happy to say that Edges, nWo, RVDs, Takers, Flairs and Hogans themes are intact!

Haha the only dubbed music seemed to be Mavens

This didn't play

Replaced by some generic ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

Anyone get it working on an android device?
    Keeps asking for my location!
    Working fine on my browser and iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 EKeaveney

I'm sorry if this has already been asked but whenever I try to load videos on the Network, a message appears saying, "Media Error: Video not available". I've only signed up for the free trial and have received the confirmation e-mail so how can I go about fixing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

jaysus youd forget how great Rey was when he first came to wwe

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Watched the nXt arRIVAL show loved the opening match and the main event. The rest was filler.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,563 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Live NXT ArRIVAL was still better paced and and better commentated and just better than 90% of the last few years of Live RAW.

It shows 2 hours is the right lenght of time for a live show. Leave the 3 hour showes for PPV's

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Just watching WM12 and the backlog brawl with Roddy Piper and Goldust... Jeez, Piper really laid some of those hits in... Nostalgia hit for the OJ footage spliced in!

Enjoyed legends of wrestling roundtable: Worst characters. Good laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Watching King of the Ring 98 ATM.

I'd never seen the full show before and have been watching Raw 98 so it's cool to be able to watch the PPV's chronologically and picture perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭wolfpac

Did anyone else get charged for the free trial?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,563 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

wolfpac wrote: »
    Did anyone else get charged for the free trial?

Everyone has their payment on hold for the free week. If you cancel it will not be taken.

Everyone has their payment on hold for the free week. If you cancel it will not be taken.

Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Loughc wrote: »
    Watched the nXt arRIVAL show loved the opening match and the main event. The rest was filler.

I thought Paige and Emma was far from filler and in my opinion was better than the main event.

I thought the opener was brilliant.

Disappointed with the ladder match though.

• Advertisement

Rovert posted this in the news thread
    A breakdown on edits of PPV events on the WWE Network that I've discovered:

WWE's 1997 UK PPV (One Night Only) is the edited home video version that WWE released towards the end of '97 and cut down to 2 hours. It omits 3 matches, including the Bret Hart vs. Undertaker match that WWE mentions in the description underneath the video player. This is very strange because in 2012, the full 3-hour show was aired on the Classics On Demand channel.

New Jack's matches on ECW PPVs have been edited out (with the lone exception of his bout with Mustafa at Living Dangerously 1999). His return to ECW at Heat Wave 1999 (running in and attacking the Dudleys) has also been removed. His run-ins into other wrestlers' matches on other ECW PPVs are still intact....at least for now.

The Network's airings of The Big Event 1986, King of the Ring 1993-1997, SummerSlam 1995-1997, and several In Your Houses are all taken from the Coliseum Video releases rather than the live versions.

WCW Bash at the Beach 1996 is WCW's home video release that omits footage of a fan run-in after Hulk Hogan's heel turn. Whenever WWE has put that match on a WWE Home Video release, the fan run-in has been included, so they are in possession of the live PPV version.

WCW Halloween Havoc 1990 is the Turner Home Entertainment home video release that was reduced from 3 hours to 2.

Most of the WCW theme music that Jimmy Hart wrote is included on the WCW PPVs(Wolfpac, 3 Count, Disco Inferno). However, some of Hart's other WCW music has been edited out and replaced (DDP's "Self High Five" theme, Shane Douglas's 2000-01 theme). This makes very little sense because WWE did not do this to any of Hart's WCW music when WCW footage aired on Classics On Demand.

On SummerSlam 1991, the song "Together" (written by Jim Johnston and Jimmy Hart) during the Randy Savage and Elizabeth video before their wedding has been replaced by different music. So believe it or not, WWE dubbed over one of their own, in-house songs.

Several shows still have "WWF" references edited out even though that was supposed to be a non-issue after 2012.

Anyone having issues with the network on consoles at the minute?

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with the network on consoles at the minute?

Like what mate? Mine has been working grand all day.

Like what mate? Mine has been working grand all day.

I was watching Invasion and it froze. Now nothing loads at all. I get the constant loading ring on a black screen

When I try sign in I get brought to http://network.wwe.com/get-the-app/ where it says purchase the network. I am already logged into an account with the free trial. Is this a problem with windows 8?

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I was watching Invasion and it froze. Now nothing loads at all. I get the constant loading ring on a black screen

Quit out and restart the console. Happened to me the other night and it was fine after.

Quit out and restart the console. Happened to me the other night and it was fine after.

I'll try that now...

Edit: - no joy. Either must be down or problems with unblock - us

Further edit... Back working again. Strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

They said they're performing maintenance on WWE Network this weekend. Should be back later. Lemme know when you're back in.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    They said they're performing maintenance on WWE Network this weekend. Should be back later. Lemme know when you're back in.

All working great again Jayk

• Advertisement

Using the PS4, searching for Chris Benoit yields no results. The engine just doesn't kick off looking for him. Even though he is included in plenty of content

Advertisement