Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 tg1989

ya hola has stopped working for me as well v slow cant access site , once i turn hola off goes into site but cant access videos

I signed up for a 30 minute trial to get Hola's premium server and can access wwe.com now but the Network is very slow. I think they have realised and are now blocking people, unless its an actual problem with Hola's servers?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Pinkman

Apologies if this has already been answered but how do you get the Network to work via the WWE App on an Android Tablet? Have it working fine on my laptop but despite having Unotelly set up and Tunnelbear on I keep getting the "content is not available for viewing in your current location" message. Is there a way around this? I have read the app is geo locked but yet is working for some? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

working now with block us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 tg1989

working now with block us :)

Must mean that they have done something to block it using hola. Ah well. Think I will just cancel the trial. Last thing I want is signing up for the Network and then them blocking my six month committment has begun. Hopefully I can log into my Network account through the Irish version of wwe.com so I can cancel the trial!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Pinkman

tg1989 wrote: »
    Must mean that they have done something to block it using hola. Ah well. Think I will just cancel the trial. Last thing I want is signing up for the Network and then them blocking my six month committment has begun. Hopefully I can log into my Network account through the Irish version of wwe.com so I can cancel the trial!

Pretty sure you have to ring a US number to cancel as oppose to doing it via their website which is quite annoying tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,565 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pinkman wrote: »
    Pretty sure you have to ring a US number to cancel as oppose to doing it via their website which is quite annoying tbh.

I cancelled on the website. You get to see out the weeks trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Got it going using unblock us. Watch NXT some freezing and skipping. I enjoyed NXT and something make effort to watch. I tried watch WCW Sin but froze and just left it. Think it will get better and look forward to see Wrestlemania this year.

Watching some mid nineties WCW PPVs. Man, Tony Schiavone really phones it in as a commentator!

At the start of Superbrawl 95 I got this message "Completed in the most complete form possible, due to original production technical difficulties" and it just starts in the middle of the Alex Wright Vs Paul Roma match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

tg1989 wrote: »
    OK, I officially cannot access the WWE Network now. It seems as if they have blocked something as well since I cannot access the American version of wwe.com either. Anyone else having the same problem? I was using Hola to access the Network!

It's working for me now albeit very choppy which is probably due to problems at my end due to a crap computer. Still running on Ps3 with Unblock's trial with no problems.

I was just about to cancel before midnight when the trial runs out and then forgot that the trial ends midnight March 3 USA eastern time not Irish time :o. So I'm going to binge on some Cesario, Shield and Wyatts before hitting cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Here is an interesting question ...
    We all know WWE wrestlers get royalties from dvd's/blu-ray's. But how will that work out now with the WWE Network?

**edit**
    Decided to search google and came across this (Wonder if its true)

http://whatculture.com/wwe/10-controversies-wwe-network.php/2
    7.5 No Royalties Paid to WRESTLER. Except as specifically set forth in Section 7.1 through 7.3 above, WRESTLER shall not be eligible for any payment or royalties with respect to any other goods, services or otherwise including without limitation to the following: television license fees; television subscription fees; internet subscription fees; subscription video on demand fees; magazine subscription fees and/or advertising; and/or distribution fees of any kind paid to PROMOTER by any entity in connection with the exploitation of the Intellectual Property.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

Hola Unblocker is still working grand for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Stefan Kuntz

Watching some mid nineties WCW PPVs. Man, Tony Schiavone really phones it in as a commentator!

What does that mean?

What does that mean?
    Doing a half arsed job as if rather than going in to work you literally stayed in bed and phoned in to work and did your job down the phone, half arsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Doing a half arsed job as if rather than going in to work you literally stayed in bed and phoned in to work and did your job down the phone, half arsed.

He did the same on the 1990 Rumble, hes ok but hardly gets into it. Even with Ventura on top heel form he didnt react to much with any great enthusiasm

beakerjoe wrote: »
    He did the same on the 1990 Rumble, hes ok but hardly gets into it. Even with Ventura on top heel form he didnt react to much with any great enthusiasm

Yeah completely agree. In WCW he just doesn't react to any of Heenan's heel comments. Most of time it just seems like he couldn't be arsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Yeah completely agree. In WCW he just doesn't react to any of Heenan's heel comments. Most of time it just seems like he couldn't be arsed.

While Gorrilla Monsoon wasnt the best Play by Play guy IMO, his back and fourth banter with The Brain really gave Heenan alot to work with. During the 92 Rumble both are on form (with Heenan shining).

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

So its pretty much a week today of the network, is it worth the hassle and the $10?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Monokne

Not if you have an Xbox!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

Monokne wrote: »
    Not if you have an Xbox!

They said it will be fixed today on the xbox, lets wait and see......

So its pretty much a week today of the network, is it worth the hassle and the $10?

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

Whats the story with RAW? I know it wont be streamed live but will the replays be up the next day?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

No. Raw replays in roughly 30 days after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

No Raw repeat for 30 days.

PPV repeats will be up pretty much straight away starting with WM

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Shíte. That could be a deal breaker now for me. I thought Raw would be a next day thing. Of course there's always Hulu.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Is it worth the cost of a pint of lager in Temple Bar? I'd say so.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Personally I think it is for the PPV library. But that's just me, each to their own really.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Stefan Kuntz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWF_One_Night_Only

Apparently, the WWE chopped this PPV to shreds by leaving out approximately 1:26:03 of content, which includes the Bret Hart vs. Undertaker match.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Shíte. That could be a deal breaker now for me. I thought Raw would be a next day thing. Of course there's always Hulu.

Is it true Hulu's versions of Raw are only 90mins, if so what do they edit out of it, aside from the hour of ads of course! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Loughc wrote: »
    Is it true Hulu's versions of Raw are only 90mins, if so what do they edit out of it, aside from the hour of ads of course! ;)

A lot of the entrances, recaps, and no commercials. I think it goes up 24 hours after it airs. But ya, its the same as the "2 hour raw" that Sky air on a Thursday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,565 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Loughc wrote: »

Probably another hour of Michael Cole telling us how to download the app ;)

Advertisement