Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Think I'll go Tunnelbear over the others. I like the switch to flip back and forth, and the fact I can pay 10 months upfront to get the 2 free. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

signed up for the network on monday and Cyberghost is working well for me, 12 months for a fiver is great value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Watched Fully Loaded 98 last night. Pretty poor show all in all. Rocky V Trips in a best 2 out of 3 falls was decent though.

Looking back at how quickly the Rock developed is really cool. From a jerry curl sporting dork to the side burns, eye brow and shades in circa 18 months. Considering the amount of talent that was there at the time he really did well to raise to the next level.

Arrogant heel Rock <3

• Registered Users Posts: 1 alinux

I have been able to find a fix for the GPS location thingie on Android, see here http://thevpn.guru/wwe-network-on-android-gps-fix/

Very laggy on ps3 tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Was same on iPhone, tried watching Backlash 2002 and it refused to load.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Monokne

Very laggy on ps3 tonight.

How is it in general on the PS3?

Also, this will probably sound like a stupid question but bear in mind I'm an Xbox user - you know how with an Xbox you need Xbox live gold membership to have access to the network? Is there an equivalent for the PS3 or is accessing it free, aside from subscription cost? Also do you have to use Unblock US or whatever?

Was same on iPhone, tried watching Backlash 2002 and it refused to load.

Don't take this the wrong way - it's a genuine question! But would you genuinely watch a show or even a match on an iPhone?

Call me a snob but when I read people talking about watching hours of wrestling on iPad or iPhone's I can't get my head around it. I need the big screen. I don't see the appeal myself.

So just curious

Monokne wrote: »
    Don't take this the wrong way - it's a genuine question! But would you genuinely watch a show or even a match on an iPhone?

Call me a snob but when I read people talking about watching hours of wrestling on iPad or iPhone's I can't get my head around it. I need the big screen. I don't see the appeal myself.

So just curious

I'm the same as you, if I'm sitting down at home I'll watch it on the big screen.

iPhone is handy though if lying in bed! Just a preference! :D

How is it in general on the PS3?

Also, this will probably sound like a stupid question but bear in mind I'm an Xbox user - you know how with an Xbox you need Xbox live gold membership to have access to the network? Is there an equivalent for the PS3 or is accessing it free, aside from subscription cost? Also do you have to use Unblock US or whatever?

You dont have to pay for the equivalent of XBL on PS (PSN). It's free to set up. You will need to have unblock us or something else though to access the network.

It's been working grand on PS3 for the most part. The odd night it can be a bit laggy.

• Advertisement

I'm the same as you, if I'm sitting down at home I'll watch it on the big screen.

iPhone is handy though if lying in bed! Just a preference! :D

Fair enough :)

As someone who imported wrestling tapes in the 90's, I must say having these conversations seem so surreal. I remember waiting 3 weeks to get tapes of ECW PPV's after they air. Nowadays I can be sitting in a car park, pull out my iPhone and watch any of a thousand PPV's. Seems crazy to me!

You dont have to pay for the equivalent of XBL on PS (PSN). It's free to set up. You will need to have unblock us or something else though to access the network.

It's been working grand on PS3 for the most part. The odd night it can be a bit laggy.

Thanks.

I have an Xbox 360 but it's proving problematic. Thinking I should just hunt out a cheap old PS3 and go for that.

Anyone been watching on PS3 today or yesterday?

Lagging bad for me! Happening to anyone else?

Watching wm28 on ps3, picture a bit blotchy at times and pausing every 4-5 mins.
    Using fibre broadband and unblock-us.

iPhone and laptop seem ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Anyone been watching on PS3 today or yesterday?

Lagging bad for me! Happening to anyone else?

I just put it on now to test and it's playing lag free for he past few minutes. Last night was very poor however.

Anyone else think the Network app interface for the PS3 is crap? Sick of seeing Armageddon 2008 and Battleground et al as I scroll through the PPVs. Search is sh!te also. There's lots of things they could do with making better. Allowing you to resume from previous point being one, being allowed cancel the toolbar is another as the poxy thing stays on screen for about 10seconds too long.

I just put it on now to test and it's playing lag free for he past few minutes. Last night was very poor however.

Anyone else think the Network app interface for the PS3 is crap? Sick of seeing Armageddon 2008 and Battleground et al as I scroll through the PPVs. Search is sh!te also. There's lots of things they could do with making better. Allowing you to resume from previous point being one, being allowed cancel the toolbar is another as the poxy thing stays on screen for about 10seconds too long.

Mine has improved a bit. Just seems to stall for a split second every 20 - 30 seconds.

I spoke too soon, it's started acting up. I'm getting errors, videos not playing, videos playing then stalling.

Edit: got it working. Am sort of afraid to skip through the video but it's playing without stalling.

Please fix by wrestle mania :-(

Has anyone been watching the network through Apple TV or Roku?

I'm thinking of getting it but just wondering how the network is working on it?

I have an xbox 360 in the bedroom but I couldn't be bothered paying for xbox gold and and it doesn't even have all the ppvs etc on it. My xbox 360 sounds like it's on the way out as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Anyone else wish the WWE would convert their old video footage to wide screen format?

Just watching the latest Countdown here, and some of the clips from the past have been converted over to 16:9 I'd love to see everything in this presentation

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Watched Fully Loaded 2000 last night.

Awesome show, one of the great under-rated PPVs imo.
    Riskishi doing the splash off the cell :eek::eek::eek:

Has anyone been watching the network through Apple TV or Roku?

I'm thinking of getting it but just wondering how the network is working on it?

I have an xbox 360 in the bedroom but I couldn't be bothered paying for xbox gold and and it doesn't even have all the ppvs etc on it. My xbox 360 sounds like it's on the way out as well.

I was unhappy at having to pay for Xbox gold on top of the network and Unblock US so I went on adverts.ie, sold it, and bought a secondhand PS3.

Network layout is vastly superior than it was on the Xbox, I've had no lagging at all where I did on the Xbox, there's much more content, and best off, I'm not paying for Xbox gold. Totally worth it dude.

I was unhappy at having to pay for Xbox gold on top of the network and Unblock US so I went on adverts.ie, sold it, and bought a secondhand PS3.

Network layout is vastly superior than it was on the Xbox, I've had no lagging at all where I did on the Xbox, there's much more content, and best off, I'm not paying for Xbox gold. Totally worth it dude.

Cheers mate. Yeah I have a PS3 downstairs in the sitting room amd it's working grand. Just looking for something for watching it in the bedroom.

Thanks for the reply.

Watching some on demand stuff tonight.

MacBook Pro with hdmi to tv.

Some Skipping where it jumps 1-2 seconds. And some freezing.

Live channel pretty much the same

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Anyone else wish the WWE would convert their old video footage to wide screen format?

Just watching the latest Countdown here, and some of the clips from the past have been converted over to 16:9 I'd love to see everything in this presentation

Pre-2008 footage was shot on videotape and you can't up-convert it like blowing up a film negative, all you can do is stretch it making it look awful. The old stuff was made to be shown on televisions when 4:3 was the standard. Vertical black bars is the price you've to pay watching standard def TV footage on modern HD LCD TVs.

Portions of WrestleMania 19 was shot on 35mm film cameras for the Mania of WrestleMania. A blu-ray release of that would be cool or even added to the Network vault.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The Raw where Vince announces he bought WCW is available to watch now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

wcw and ecw ppvs arent loading for me. anyone else having this problem?:confused:

Tugboats wrote: »
    wcw and ecw ppvs arent loading for me. anyone else having this problem?:confused:

Loading for me on PS3.

If you're on Xbox 360 it's a known fault that they haven't fixed yet.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Loading for me on PS3.

If you're on Xbox 360 it's a known fault that they haven't fixed yet.

im on my pc. strange:(

Advertisement