Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    The Raw where Vince announces he bought WCW is available to watch now

Where? I can't find it? On ps3

Find it through search on laptop. The search function is useless on the ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Where? I can't find it? On ps3

It was on the schedule. If it's scheduled for later, you can watch it (as it has premiered now). Look out for Best of Raw

I hope if the make any more legends roundtable shows they dont have Flair back.

Terrible when he's on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

I hope if the make any more legends roundtable shows they dont have Flair back.

Terrible when he's on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_Classics_on_Demand#Legends_of_Wrestling

Ah ye I know there are more with him on it but i just hope if they make any brand new ones for the network he's not on them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

I doubt they'll make more. They were made for On Demand and looks like they're finished with the series and WWE usually moves on with this stuff. I'd love to see more actually as it feels like the Network is short on content if you strip away the last 2 years of Raw & Smackdown and the PPVs. Also, some of the stuff on Legends Roundtable is pretty shooty, I'm surprised how much so, it's like it flew under the radar. I watched the 'Giants' episode - there's a bit in it where Jim Ross and Sgt Slaughter have a little exchange and JR refers to Sarge as Bob. Cue Michael Hayes trying to cool things down with jesting towards Okerlund about causing trouble with his questions.

Agree with your point though, less Ric Flair everywhere woupd be great. In fact, no more Ric Flair ever on TV would be great. Thoroughly fed up of his schtick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Dave Meltzer said that internally WWE is kind of embarrassed by how popular WCW footage is compared to WWF/E footage

WCW is still the enemy. :P

Should be no surprise though ALL the best WWF/E stuff has been released on DVD and elsewhere multiple times.

Watching Royal Rumble 96 here. I'm still surprised Ahmed Johnson wasn't a bigger star than he ended up. I was sure he'd be the WWF champ at some stage, he seemed to have the total package

Watching Royal Rumble 96 here. I'm still surprised Ahmed Johnson wasn't a bigger star than he ended up. I was sure he'd be the WWF champ at some stage, he seemed to have the total package

Those jocks he wore that would go up his arse around 30 seconds into a match were the worst though :P

Those jocks he wore that would go up his arse around 30 seconds into a match were the worst though :P

They were pretty bad! The Pearl River Plunge is a move you still don't see used that often anymore. Some move!

• Advertisement

They were pretty bad! The Pearl River Plunge is a move you still don't see used that often anymore. Some move!

His music was class as well.

Me too at the time.

Injuries slowed him massively in 1997. Burnt out husk after that.

His unintelligible promos would hurt his ability to be a headliner ultimately especially in the Attitude Era.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

rovert wrote: »
    Dave Meltzer said that internally WWE is kind of embarrassed by how popular WCW footage is compared to WWF/E footage

WCW is still the enemy. :P

Punk is doing nothing else at the moment I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Me too at the time.

Injuries slowed him massively in 1997. Burnt out husk after that.

His unintelligible promos would hurt his ability to be a headliner ultimately especially in the Attitude Era.

He should've stuck around. If talentless hacks like the Miz can be WWE Champ, then Ahmed could have been a star.

I remember him coming out at the 98 rumble and he looked like he couldn't move.

A far cry from what he was like in 96.

The Body Donnas vs The Smoking Guns on here now. Jeez, Sunny was majority hot. She had a fierce set of her own smoking gunns!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The Body Donnas vs The Smoking Guns on here now. Jeez, Sunny was majority hot. She had a fierce set of her own smoking gunns!

And for $50 she'll let you touch them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,567 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Loughc wrote: »
    And for $50 she'll let you touch them ;)

I still would thought :P

Yes. Yes she will. I attended Mania 26 in Phoenix AZ a couple of years ago. She was in the seat directly behind me for the whole flight from Charlotte to Phoenix, and me and my buddy never realised, until we were getting off the plane, and there she was, getting her stuff from the overhead compartment.

I remember him coming out at the 98 rumble and he looked like he couldn't move.

A far cry from what he was like in 96.

I think he fell into using crack cocaine by that point and got out of shape.

I admit Ahmed info is not something I walk around with but I remember him refusing to be slapped by Chyna as he infamously "Ain't go'n let no bitch hit me" and getting heat for it. He walked out of WWF after refusing to lose to Kurrgan in February 1998 to his claw submission.

He also had a huge rep for injuring people. Louie Spicolli/Rad Radford suffered bleeding on the brain and was found a few days later in the street after suffering a seizure:

Rewatching this and I have no clue what did the damage. Could be legitimately anything he does. Whether it is the Scissors kick or his finisher the Pearl River Plunge. I should point out that Louie wasn't a friend to himself and had huge issues with drugs. WWF fired Louie over the incident citing his issues with drugs and not the Ahmed match.

• Advertisement

I've just realised I've never seen the Royal Rumble 96 before. And by that I mean, I listened to it live on Sky Sports, but because we didn't pay for the channel, the picture was scrambled. But I listened to the whole thing. So, I'm finally getting to see it!

I've just realised I've never seen the Royal Rumble 96 before. And by that I mean, I listened to it live on Sky Sports, but because we didn't pay for the channel, the picture was scrambled. But I listened to the whole thing. So, I'm finally getting to see it!

Haha I used to do the same. I always listened to Raw on the Sky Sports scrambled channels!

Really like the show and especially the Rumble itself. Bret-Undertaker is a match I've always found a chore even as a kid. Bret is a submission wrestler and Undertaker is still in zombie no sell mode. Their matches in 1997 were in another universe quality wise - the Mankind feud was a real kick in the arse for The Undertaker as a wrestler.

Really like the show and especially the Rumble itself. Bret-Undertaker is a match I've always found a chore even as a kid. Bret is a submission wrestler and Undertaker is still in zombie no sell mode. Their matches in 1997 were in another universe quality wise - the Mankind feud was a real kick in the arse for The Undertaker as a wrestler.
    Ya, their Summerslam, Hart and Soul match is one of my all time favourites. The WWE 12 video game credits that match as the beginning of the Attitude Era.

I miss Vince as a commentator, and actually calling the action in the ring

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I think he fell into using crack cocaine by that point and got out of shape.

I admit Ahmed info is not something I walk around with but I remember him refusing to be slapped by Chyna as he infamously "Ain't go'n let no bitch hit me" and getting heat for it. He walked out of WWF after refusing to lose to Kurrgan in February 1998 to his claw submission.

He also had a huge rep for injuring people. Louie Spicolli/Rad Radford suffered bleeding on the brain and was found a few days later in the street after suffering a seizure:

Rewatching this and I have no clue what did the damage. Could be legitimately anything he does. Whether it is the Scissors kick or his finisher the Pearl River Plunge. I should point out that Louie wasn't a friend to himself and had huge issues with drugs. WWF fired Louie over the incident citing his issues with drugs and not the Ahmed match.

Reminds me of Mick Foley having no problem selling and taking bumps from Chyna.

Some people are just so insecure and petty, it's sad.

And yeah some of Undertakers early work is brutal to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

So my Unblock Us trial is up and I can't access the network on my ps4. I still have the American DNS settings but I need to set up an account with unblock us. But how does my ps4, or any other device know if my unblock us account is active?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,567 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Moneymaker wrote: »

But a man in wrestling bumping or losing to a woman was unheard of then that was a mans man world. Double J got himself a nice payday for dropping the belt to Chyna. There really wasn't anything petty or insecure about it really it was about money.

If guy back then lost to a woman his paydays somewhere else were going to suffer for it.

And yeah some of Undertakers early work is brutal to watch.

A lot of Ahmed's refusal was a cultural macho thing most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

So my Unblock Us trial is up and I can't access the network on my ps4. I still have the American DNS settings but I need to set up an account with unblock us. But how does my ps4, or any other device know if my unblock us account is active?

Log in on the PS4 in the browser and it will do it for you. I think you have to do it everytime, slightly annoying but it only takes 30 seconds.
    But a man in wrestling bumping or losing to a woman was unheard of then that was a mans man world. Double J got himself a nice payday for dropping the belt to Chyna. There really wasn't anything petty or insecure about it really it was about money.

If guy back then lost to a woman his paydays somewhere else were going to suffer for it.

Foley's career turned out alright in fairness.

Not bumping for a girl is stupid to be honest, it's just wrestling.

Sure go look at the youtube vids of Sara Del Rey piledriving guys :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Log in on the PS4 in the browser and it will do it for you. I think you have to do it everytime, slightly annoying but it only takes 30 seconds.

Thanks a million.

Advertisement