Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

So my Unblock Us trial is up and I can't access the network on my ps4. I still have the American DNS settings but I need to set up an account with unblock us. But how does my ps4, or any other device know if my unblock us account is active?

They know you threw your ip address .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

They know you threw your ip address .

I doubt they care, they just say its US only to keep the TV companies happy but in reality they know all us European smarks wont be able to resist and they're happy to take the subs and inflate the numbers.

I don't regret my purchase for one minute. A lot of kinks need to be smoothed out but that's expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Ahmed Johnson was on some of the WCW in early 2000. He looked awful, overweight and phoning it it. I remember being shocked when I saw him on those Warner Bros WCW PPV tapes.

Also, listening to WWF PPVs on the scrambled Sky Sports channels back in the day ftw :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I doubt they care, they just say its US only to keep the TV companies happy but in reality they know all us European smarks wont be able to resist and they're happy to take the subs and inflate the numbers.

I don't regret my purchase for one minute. A lot of kinks need to be smoothed out but that's expected.

He means that that is how Unblock-US know that you have a paid-up account with them and therefore allow you to utilise their DNS settings.

WWE absolutely knows that a significant portion of subscribers are outside of America but as you rightly point out, why would they care?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Just curious now- is WM30 going to be a live stream on the app? And hypothetically, would anyone risk it and not order on SBO?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Just curious now- is WM30 going to be a live stream on the app? And hypothetically, would anyone risk it and not order on SBO?

mania is streaming live on the network yes. if i wasn't going to be in new orleans in person i probably wouldn't risk it and still get it on sbo. if all goes off without a hitch then you are looking at plain sailing going forward.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

rossie1977 wrote: »
    mania is streaming live on the network yes. if i wasn't going to be in new orleans in person i probably wouldn't risk it and still get it on sbo. if all goes off without a hitch then you are looking at plain sailing going forward.

I imagine the live stream will be a cluster feck as it will be so popular! I'm thinking demand could be so high, even the on demand could suffer for a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Monokne

You'd think that if the servers can hold up for Major League Baseball who have millions of subscribers then they'll be ok for Wrestlemania.

I know there were issues early on but am hoping those were just teething problems.

Although having said all that, I'll probably just watch Mania the day after. I think my days of staying up till 4am for pro wrestling were killed off by that insufferable Triple H - Brock match at last years WM...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Mine were killed off after Wrestlemania 2001.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

The finale of True Detective crashed HBOs stream last night as so many people tried to watch it,
    That is not a good sign although i would assume more people would watch HBO than mania

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Few random observations on edits: a few Silvervision releases were cut where a wrestler was being choked with a cable or rope and these have been left uncut on the Network eg. H vs Orton at No Mercy 2007 and Jericho vs JBL RR 2008 after the match.

The Network cut Mick Foley's audible from the Royal Umble street fight where he tells H to use the barbed wire on his leg. This was left in whenever it appeared on DVD compilations.

They also edited out Sid's horrific compound leg fracture at Sin 2001 but showed it in the replay at Greed! It's really nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The Network is very bad on ps4 tonight. Stalling every couple of seconds

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

I was billed twice on PayPal. Will have to contact them

I wont spoil the result of a match like I did last week.

Natalya and AJ had a great match tonight on main event if you get a chance to watch it On Demand tomorrow.

The live stream was stalling pretty badly tonight but once I paused it for a few mins it was grand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

What Cactus said.

tumblr_n2axvi4OVa1sodzggo1_500.png

ajkneepjlxi.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Great match alright. Fair play to both! Miles ahead of any others divas currenlty on the roster.

WWE Network FTW! Had to jump through hoops to watch Main Event in Ireland. Hopefully they make a worthwhile show out of it now that its on the Network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Great match alright. Fair play to both! Miles ahead of any others divas currenlty on the roster.

WWE Network FTW! Had to jump through hoops to watch Main Event in Ireland. Hopefully they make a worthwhile show out of it now that its on the Network

you get the network? On what format?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    you get the network? On what format?

Then use an Unblock-Us.com account. Comes to around 11.50euros all in all.

Using it on iPhone, Mac and iPad.

Doesnt work on Android due to GPS locator knowing you're not in USA. Theres a work-around, but I'd rather just use an iOS device :P

Got an Apple TV device yesterday and it's working great on it. VOD seems a lot smoother on it compared to PS3.

Then use an Unblock-Us.com account. Comes to around 11.50euros all in all.

Using it on iPhone, Mac and iPad.

Doesnt work on Android due to GPS locator knowing you're not in USA. Theres a work-around, but I'd rather just use an iOS device :P
    No android devices! Just iPhone and laptop! Might get ya too set it up some time 😉

• Advertisement

There's always a risk they could block your credit card but doubtful.

Looks like the network is down at the moment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Twitter, Google and Youtube have all been down in one way shape or form the last 24 hours.

Tis the end of days.

I've an o2 money card they can belt away ha ha

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I've an o2 money card they can belt away ha ha
    Use a paypal account anyway just to be on the extra safe side haha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Finished watching Royal Rumble 96 last night. Interesting to note, they've dubbed over Henry Godwin's entrance theme with a generic banjo tune

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Finished watching Royal Rumble 96 last night. Interesting to note, they've dubbed over Henry Godwin's entrance theme with a generic banjo tune

Whys that?

It's dubbed over as well when Hillbilly Jim comes out for the gimmick battle royal at Mania 17.

---
    Every few years I try and re watch the WM 12 Iron man match, thinking the older I get I might appreciate it more. No, it's as boring as I remember it!

It's dubbed over as well when Hillbilly Jim comes out for the gimmick battle royal at Mania 17.

---
    Every few years I try and re watch the WM 12 Iron man match, thinking the older I get I might appreciate it more. No, it's as boring as I remember it!

Of course, its an hour long match, you know the finish and there are no falls! Until sudden death that is. Or what I like to call, the original screw-job!

gerrybbadd wrote: »

The irony being his music already is a generic banjo tune

• Advertisement

---

I was planning on doing this again myself soon.

WWE sure has done a great shop over the last 18 years convincing people it was a great match. As a giant Hitman fan I'd love to believe it was, but it was just tedious. Restholds half the time.

Dave Meltzer always mentions that in the building, tons of people left during the match because they'd seen Warrior's return as the real main event.

Advertisement