Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Monokne wrote: »
    I was planning on doing this again myself soon.

WWE sure has done a great shop over the last 18 years convincing people it was a great match. As a giant Hitman fan I'd love to believe it was, but it was just tedious. Restholds half the time.

Dave Meltzer always mentions that in the building, tons of people left during the match because they'd seen Warrior's return as the real main event.

Wow, I never knew that. I try to watch this match once a year also, and I love it still - it's my all time favourite match. However, back then (and still), I was a major mark for both Bret and Shawn. My 2 favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Monokne

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Wow, I never knew that. I try to watch this match once a year also, and I love it still - it's my all time favourite match. However, back then (and still), I was a major mark for both Bret and Shawn. My 2 favourites.

Even then - at 11 years of age - I was miffed by this match. There were highspots here and there (the backdrop over the buckles, superkick on the timekeeper) but mostly it felt more like a late 70's NWA style of match than a mid 90's WWF match. Just not enough action for my tastes, either then or now.

Plus as mentioned, this was the original screwjob. Bret should never have lost the title.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Got an Apple TV device yesterday and it's working great on it. VOD seems a lot smoother on it compared to PS3.

Am happy to hear this. Tempted to treat myself to one next week for my birthday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JrdanB

does anyone have a raspberry pi?

Am going to be getting one very soon and was wondering if there was a way to watch the network on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Has anyone heard about a price increase? Anyone know what the t&c say about a price hike during the 6month sub?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Help. I tried the 1 week free trial thing, but being in Ireland and being technologically clueless, the video didn't work so I thought nothing of it. However it's saying I've subscribed for 6 months! I wouldn't mind if I could actually watch it but I can't, money is flying out of my account for literally nothing. On top of that, in my panic, I've now activated a thing where it will automatically renew again for another 6 months in September. I feel sick, can anybody help me?

Help. I tried the 1 week free trial thing, but being in Ireland and being technologically clueless, the video didn't work so I thought nothing of it. However it's saying I've subscribed for 6 months! I wouldn't mind if I could actually watch it but I can't, money is flying out of my account for literally nothing. On top of that, in my panic, I've now activated a thing where it will automatically renew again for another 6 months in September. I feel sick, can anybody help me?

I don't think there is much you can do mate.

I don't think there is much you can do mate.

Really? Because it hasn't been launched here I never paid a huge amount of attention to the information about the network but is the streaming service in HD? I will be ordering Wrestlemania anyway, so if I can get this network will it stream smoothly during a live event like Wrestlemania? Also is it much of a problem to get unblock-us on my ps4 aswell as my laptop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

The automatic renewal is pretty simple to deal with, its just something you change in your settings..

The automatic renewal is pretty simple to deal with, its just something you change in your settings..

Ye I've managed to fix that so it won't renew in September, but I'm still paying for it until then and I literally haven't been able to see a single show from the network.

• Advertisement

Unblock is working good for me, it costs about 3 quid a month and beyond simple to use..

• Registered Users Posts: 60,567 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ye I've managed to fix that so it won't renew in September, but I'm still paying for it until then and I literally haven't been able to see a single show from the network.

You will need to change the setting on whatever machine you use to watch the network. How to change these settings is explained on whatever site you use to to bypass the network to make it believe you are in America,

Unblock is working good for me, it costs about 3 quid a month and beyond simple to use..

Fair enough, I might try to get it tomorrow. My only slight concern is that it might slow down my already rather slow internet and lead to lagging videos from the WWE network.

Fair enough, I might try to get it tomorrow. My only slight concern is that it might slow down my already rather slow internet and lead to lagging videos from the WWE network.

Hmm quite possibly, but WWE Network still has some issues with that itself to be honest..

Ok last question, sorry to bother you, but if I set up unblock-us (I'm using their free trial right now) can I use it both for my laptop and my ps4 and it wont cost me double?

Ok last question, sorry to bother you, but if I set up unblock-us (I'm using their free trial right now) can I use it both for my laptop and my ps4 and it wont cost me double?

Im sure some of the other lads have done it, but i havent yet man.. Im still just watching on my laptop.. But im pretty sure it works with both on one account

Yeah you can use it on as many devices as you want at no extra charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

if they release a european version of the network will we have to sign up again for it ???

Im using hola on the pc and cant get it to work at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I'd suspect the EU version will be a different sign up to the USA. Unless they have it like netflix and use one subscription which allows you to "travel" with your account.

We likely won't have it until 2015 at the earliest so thats two full 6-month cycles.

Just an update on my query last night, the lag was something of a problem in my house, with NXT Arrival being practically unwatchable, I'm hoping that maybe there will be significantly less lag if I watch the Network through my PS4 rather than my laptop. It's annoying really because, after taking the advice of a couple of posters here, I used unblock-us and was able to watch an episode of "best of Smackdown" in a public place with a far better wifi connection and absolutely loved it. In an ideal world it'll work out because I would like to keep it.

Also just watching that episode of Smackdown from 1999 with Arnold Schwarzenegger as a guest, everything seemed so spontaneous back then, obviously the world is a different place now and you have to move with the times but it was a lot of fun reliving the golden days.

• Advertisement

Has anyone got the Network on an android device? I set it up via unblock us but apparently WWE uses GPS location data. I understand none of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Has anyone got the Network on an android device? I set it up via unblock us but apparently WWE uses GPS location data. I understand none of this.

There are a couple of ways to do it, both of which are a bit complex. One way involves rooting your device. If you understand none of this as it is, you might be better off just leaving it!

There are a couple of ways to do it, both of which are a bit complex. One way involves rooting your device. If you understand none of this as it is, you might be better off just leaving it!

Doesn't really make much sense to me no but post be a link or something and I'll give it a bash.

Anyone notice a load of the ECW PPVs are gone from the ECW menu on PS3? You can find them by searching for a wrestler that was on the show and get into it that way.

Jesus lads watching Backlash 2000 on the network!

What you would pay today to get a reaction to Austins return and Rock winning the title!!!

Brilliant!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Signed up to Unblock US. No regrets, worth every penny.

Watching Best of Smackdown, Iron Man Match between Angle and Lesnar.

This maybe controversial, but DAMN! Its froot to see some Benoit matches again. I know what he did was deplorable, but by God he was unbelievable in the ring.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    This maybe controversial, but DAMN! Its froot to see some Benoit matches again. I know what he did was deplorable, but by God he was unbelievable in the ring.

Without going into thread derailing debate:

A lot his moves involves trauma to the head and he would take headshots unprotected.

A lot of the imagery he would use and the announcers would use was murderous. The interlocking of the hands etc

His ring music is more or less this:

Personally can get over those hurdles or departmentalise.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Fr. Sensini

His DVD cover makes him look like a nice reasonable individual who wouldn't hurt a fly.

51SJZ84JS8L.jpg

It's a bit hard to contribute on a thread on Benoit without derailing the thread... I'd recommend Chris Jericho's podcast with Chris Nowinski. That covers concussions, Benoit and related matters.

They've added a few more Legends of Wrestling roundtables: Texas wrestling, important moments and Monday Night Raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

It's a bit hard to contribute on a thread on Benoit without derailing the thread... I'd recommend Chris Jericho's podcast with Chris Nowinski. That covers concussions, Benoit and related matters.

They've added a few more Legends of Wrestling roundtables: Texas wrestling, important moments and Monday Night Raw.

I was listening to that on Friday. He seems certain it was the concussions: http://podcastone.com/Talk-Is-Jericho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

If just a normal match with Benoit it not to bad for me. But found it hard to watch backlash after he won the belt was all about him being family man and footage of the town welcoming back the "home-town hero". I was huge Benoit fan, watched him from WCW to WWE and was looking forward to watching the PPV with him wrestling punk for the ECW title. I recorded it and avoid internet and watched it the next day. Thought it was odd for Benoit to miss a PPV like that. Only found out the real story after the show ended and checked the internet.

Advertisement