Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ManofStraw

Signed up for the network ... Just finished watching Wrestlemania 18, what a great show. Really made me miss the 24/7 rule in the hardcore championship. Only thing I thought was that all the old raws and smackdowns would be on the network. Has anyone any idea if they will ever be added ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

ManofStraw wrote: »
    Signed up for the network ... Just finished watching Wrestlemania 18, what a great show. Really made me miss the 24/7 rule in the hardcore championship. Only thing I thought was that all the old raws and smackdowns would be on the network. Has anyone any idea if they will ever be added ?

It launched with two RAWs from 1998 and a few from 1993. Three more from the Attitude era have been added since and a few more from 93 were added. Likewise with Smackdown, there's two from 1999 up now iirc so they're adding them in dribs and drabs. Maybe they'll upload complete years in one go and advertise it to boost subs after Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Sorry lads, wasn't attempting to derail the thread with the Benoit stuff. Simply a case of having a few too many beers, and getting nostalgic!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I imagine WWE will fill up RAW, SD, Nitro archives first, do you think they'll do Sunday Night Heat or ECW on TNN though?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I reckon more and more archive footage will be added every 6 months to encourage people to resign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

I hope they put up loads of nwa and wcw weekly programs, what's there now, just ppvs? The clashes up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

I would like to see some Flair vs. Luger stuff from the '80s because according to Bryan & Vinny, it's supposed to be similar to Daniel Bryan's current situation, where the fans were relly into Lex but he never got the title.

I would like to see some Flair vs. Luger stuff from the '80s because according to Bryan & Vinny, it's supposed to be similar to Daniel Bryan's current situation, where the fans were relly into Lex but he never got the title.

Starrcade 88, 89, Wrestle War and Capital Combat 1990 are on there. There's a compilation of Clash of the Champions DVD that might have more. It's pretty ****ty not having the TV shows to watch because you're missing out on the development of angles, the promos etc.

@jay, I'd like to see them add Heat and Velocity. There were some good light heavyweight matches on them shows I believe. For the sake of curiosity and completism I'd love if they put up Shotgun Saturday Night from early 97 when they were in nightclubs, the Livewire phone in shows, original Superstars, Challenge, Prime Time as well as the WCW shows. As it is I'd doubt we'll get that but he rumour of SNME and Clash is cool. As it stands it's a very slow dripfeed of stuff.

Id rather see Nitros added rather than ECW Hardcore TV.

I used to love ECW when I was younger, buying the videos in HMV. I can't stand to watch it now though.

Starrcade 88, 89, Wrestle War and Capital Combat 1990 are on there. There's a compilation of Clash of the Champions DVD that might have more. It's pretty ****ty not having the TV shows to watch because you're missing out on the development of angles, the promos etc.

That's the thing, though, I need the TV shows to figure out why these guys are wrestling.

Anyone know what was the name of the TV show back then?

• Advertisement

That's the thing, though, I need the TV shows to figure out why these guys are wrestling.

Anyone know what was the name of the TV show back then?

I
    The NWA's main TV show was called World Championship Wrestling afaik.

Anyone looking for a laugh: go to Starrcade 1986, go to he Flair vs Koloff match at the end, skip to 3hrs 30mins 50sec and watch Koloff after the suplex :p

I
    The NWA's main TV show was called World Championship Wrestling afaik.

I did a bit of research and Turner bought Jim Crockett Promotions in November 1988, which became WCW. Flair and Luger fought a month later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Can anyone recommend some events on the network with some good Fabulous Freebird matches? The search wasn't very helpful.

Can anyone recommend some events on the network with some good Fabulous Freebird matches? The search wasn't very helpful.

There's a couple of WCCW shows under the 'vault' menu which shouod have Freebird matches and you can't go wrong with The Great American Bash '89 which has Freebirds in the Wargames match.

The search function on PS3 is total garbage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I imagine WWE will fill up RAW, SD, Nitro archives first, do you think they'll do Sunday Night Heat or ECW on TNN though?

Nope Clash of the Champions and Saturday Night Main Event are the next two big series of full uploads. Those two are digitised and ready to go others not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Watching Bash at the Beach 94. Just watched a great big man match between Vader and Boss Man (who was called Guardian Angel at the time!)

rovert wrote: »
    Nope Clash of the Champions and Saturday Night Main Event are the next two big series of full uploads. Those two are digitised and ready to go others not so much.
    Will Nitro, thunder and saturday night (or whatever wcw/nwa show before nitro started was called) eventually go up on the network? And then stuff like georgia championship wrestling?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I really like the legends of wrestling roundtable discussions, I hope they add more of them, the one about Monday Night Raw is brilliant.

They need to keep Flair well away from them though - so annoying!

I really like the legends of wrestling roundtable discussions, I hope they add more of them, the one about Monday Night Raw is brilliant.

IIRC Flair was only on 2 of them

"TNA.....What is TNA?" - ends up there a year or two later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Which episode did he make the TNA comment? What a clown

Important moments I think. The only other one he's on is the factions episode.

I find Patterson a bit **** on them as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What app do you use too watch the network too hide your in Ireland?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What app do you use too watch the network too hide your in Ireland?

PS3+unblock-us
    Web browser on Windows+Hola

PS3+unblock-us
    Web browser on Windows+Hola

iPhone?

Unblock-Us also works with iPhone, iPad and Macs.

Heard good things about unlocator too.

Unblock-Us also works with iPhone, iPad and Macs.

Have it all up and running nice one

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Have it all up and running nice one

Good stuff.

With unblock-us, you'll have zero hassle unless you bring your phone or laptop into a new wifi network.

If that happens, you have to go to unblock-us homepage from your new IP address and click a link that Sync's your new location. Then when you go back home you just sync back again. I do it when going from home, to work and back again.

• Advertisement

Heard good things about unlocator too.

Probably similar to unblock-us

They have WWE as a listed channel so worth a try anyway. I'm happy with unblock-us thus far. https://unlocator.com/channels/

Just over 3.50 euros a month.

Advertisement