Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/84396/first-details-on-eight-reality-series-wwe-is-considering-for-the-network.html?p=1

I'm 100% certain that there's only one of those people really want to see. So much so that I'll be extremely disappointed if it doesn't happen.
    Xtreme WWE Collector ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Nothing with fans of any description involved please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Ridley

*WWE Rescue - a reality show where WWE talents come to the homes of "super fans" help them with their personal and business problems. Think Restaurant Impossible meets Nanny 911.

What are they going to do when they can't beat the problem up or fire it?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Anybody used Google Chromecast for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I've a Chromecast coming in the post. Apparently it works well.

Hopefully they implement Chromecast streaming through the iOS app.

Chromecast demo here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFFJe2qIMZg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Watching an old Raw yesterday, I forgot about this awful entrance music HHH used when he joined the Corporatin

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Jamie OD

Pentecost wrote: »
    Xtreme WWE Collector ftw

I would get into a WWE version of Storage Wars. Or maybe something like one of the wrestlers visits the warehouse where all the props are stored and tells stories involving the stuff they find.

Watched WCW Mayhem (from 99) last night.

They should have seen even this early how Russo was an absolute joke.

Terrible PPV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Watching an old Raw yesterday, I forgot about this awful entrance music HHH used when he joined the Corporatin

God thsts bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

That's the most generic wrestling music there is. I would certainly give it to a Create a Wrestler set on default.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Chromecast demo here:

Cool cheers - would appreciate an update once you've tried. I'll only be using Chromecast via a laptop or Desktop device. So hopefully it works nice for you. Will probably buy then - just to get WrestleMania on my TV if anything.

uwwedoogie wrote: »
    Cool cheers - would appreciate an update once you've tried. I'll only be using Chromecast via a laptop or Desktop device. So hopefully it works nice for you. Will probably buy then - just to get WrestleMania on my TV if anything.

WWE are likely developing independent Chromebase support into their online streaming. Google recently released the code for the device to allow more companies to implement their apps with Chromecast. Apparently 20,000 companies have access the development kit so shouldn't be too long hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

Chromecast demo here:

What about location settings though?

How does Chromecast exactly work?
    I'm clueless when it comes to stuff like that

HooohRaaah wrote: »
    What about location settings though?

Use unblock-us.

Chromecast will inherit your "location" from whichever device you use to stream to it.

How does Chromecast exactly work?
    I'm clueless when it comes to stuff like that

Works through a direct connection, similar to Wifi, to send video signal and other data which can be displayed on the Chromecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Monokne

Watched WCW Mayhem (from 99) last night.

They should have seen even this early how Russo was an absolute joke.

Terrible PPV.

I thought it was great that we could see all those crappy 99 - 01 WCW PPV's. I figured they'd be very amusing in hindsight.

Honestly, they're just depressing and ****. There's not nearly the comedy value you'd hope for. The whole thing is an absolute train wreck. Quality control is non existent.

F4Wonline
    Regarding missing pay-per-views on the WWE Network, word is that some have been temporarily taken down to make music and other type of edits. We've also heard from many fans who have been told by Network customer service representatives that a ton of new content will be added before the end of this month.

That's My Way gone then :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Don't think so. PWInsider wrote this:
    We've received a lot of emails in regards to PPVs disappearing from the WWE Network, only for them to pop up within a day or so. From speaking to a WWE source, it's case of WWE updating the versions they originally used to a final version - in many cases the mastered versions were for the Classics on Demand VOD channel and were edited (specifically cursing) for all audience while the Network, with parental controls, doesn't need to have the same concerns.

Managed to pick up a chromecast off a lad in work.
    Set up ok and can view Youtube videos etc.

However when I change my VPN on my iPad with the help of Tunnellbear for the WWE Network the iPad/wifi doesn't seem to pick up the chromecast. Any ideas?

• Advertisement

Managed to pick up a chromecast off a lad in work.
    Set up ok and can view Youtube videos etc.

However when I change my VPN on my iPad with the help of Tunnellbear for the WWE Network the iPad/wifi doesn't seem to pick up the chromecast. Any ideas?

I'd say you're out of luck, unblock us would work better with the iPad and sending to Chromecast I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

Anyone else ordered WWE Network for 6 months via the Apple TV? I have $60 credit on my iTunes US account, but wondering if that will be enough as every time I buy Apps using my US account tax is applied. Is this the same when I buy the 6 month subscription and if so how much credit will I need?

DerryRed wrote: »
    Anyone else ordered WWE Network for 6 months via the Apple TV? I have $60 credit on my iTunes US account, but wondering if that will be enough as every time I buy Apps using my US account tax is applied. Is this the same when I buy the 6 month subscription and if so how much credit will I need?

When subscribing via iTunes you pay 59.99 in one lump sum for 6 months sub. You should give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

When subscribing via iTunes you pay 59.99 in one lump sum for 6 months sub. You should give it a shot.

Yes. I understand this. However when I buy a App on the AppStore tax is added to the charge. Will tax also be added to the $59.99 for the WWE Network subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

If you could change the post code linked to your iTunes account to Delaware, they don't have a sales tax so it would only be $59.99.

Waatched most of the 2001 Royal Rumble last night. Watched it live at the time and hadn't seen it since and had forgotten how great some of it was (Drew Carey bits aside). Felt a bit weird watching the Benoit stuff though.

Wm 17 was put back up on apple tv.

Watched most of the entrances to see had any changed. Hillybilly jim came out to country boy which was dubbed over when I watched it around 2 weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Wm 17 was put back up on apple tv.

Watched most of the entrances to see had any changed. Hillybilly jim came out to country boy which was dubbed over when I watched it around 2 weeks ago.

And they reuploaded it without the bookmarks! Henry Godwin's Country Boy music is still dubbed with the banjo lift muzak. Network's a nightmare for completists. Can't have been that hard or expensive to hire a few geeky wrestling fans to oversee some uniformity.

Also, there was a PS3 update. Biggest difference I noticed was the position of icons and scrolling through letters in the search is faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

The update also resumes the show from where you left off if you stopped watching

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

watching best of raw. Stephs wedding to test episode. So so good. Anyone know if and when more of these old raws will be put up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

D.Q wrote: »
    watching best of raw. Stephs wedding to test episode. So so good. Anyone know if and when more of these old raws will be put up?

Nope but they've been uploading 1993 Raws on a regular basis, they're up to August now. I reckon they might launch into more Attitude stuff post Mania to get more subs maybe but I'd say they'll still be adding them by the end of the year.

Neat little guide to 2005 PPVs on the Network from Botchamania: http://botchamania.com/wwe-network-guide-2005/
    I've been seeking out this sorta stuff to catch up on years I wawn't watching regularly.

Advertisement