Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

Watching a smackdown from 2002 on the network.

The opener between Angle and Cena (Cena's debut) there's a clearly visible "Austin 3:16 says I just beat my wife" sign in the 2nd/3rd row. Someone forgot to edit :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Any idea why theres a few episodes from the '93 raws missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Watching a smackdown from 2002 on the network.

The opener between Angle and Cena (Cena's debut) there's a clearly visible "Austin 3:16 says I just beat my wife" sign in the 2nd/3rd row. Someone forgot to edit :P

Hogan's "generic voodoo child ripoff" overdub on his entrance music is so bad on that episode. Sucks how they have to cut out the crowd audio and the commentary when they overdub copyrighted stuff too.

Hogan's "generic voodoo child ripoff" overdub on his entrance music is so bad on that episode. Sucks how they have to cut out the crowd audio and the commentary when they overdub copyrighted stuff too.

It's strange. Any ppv from 2002 on the network, his voodoo child theme is not dubbed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I finally signed up to the WWE Network if you can believe that.

Hola used to be my go to for everything but it was subpar for this especially for this stuff in the In Ring section for some reason. Tried unblock-us and happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

rovert wrote: »
    I finally signed up to the WWE Network if you can believe that.

Hola used to be my go to for everything but it was subpar for this especially for this stuff in the In Ring section for some reason. Tried unblock-us and happy days.

Genuinely shocked you haven't been on it until now.

A classic Rovert swerve

jamc wrote: »
    Genuinely shocked you haven't been on it until now.

A classic Rovert swerve

The launch day was the same day as me coming home tired after a week of exams. Tried for ages (2 hours) to log on having a hissy fit thinking it was geoblocking. In the end even tireder realising there wasn't enough money in my account the day before pay for it and that was the issue. :( So that scared me.

Have too much to watch, listen to and read so I wasn't in a rush to join but with Wrestlemania coming up I decided now it was the time. Although I am sure if I will ultimately watch Mania on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Watching Judgement Day 98 at the moment.

It was the PPV after 3 of the most oft cited incidents in Raw history - Austins zamboni, the birth of Mr Socko/bed pan McMahon & Vinces Corvette getting filled with cement.

It's staggering the amount of talent that were there at that time. Austin as hot as anything, 2 monsters in Taker & Kane, Rock developing into singles mode, a decent tag team division and a stellar mid card roster including Edge, Christian, Shamrock, DX etc etc.

Raw really was must see tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Watching Judgement Day 98 at the moment.

It was the PPV after 3 of the most oft cited incidents in Raw history - Austins zamboni, the birth of Mr Socko/bed pan McMahon & Vinces Corvette getting filled with cement.

It's staggering the amount of talent that were there at that time. Austin as hot as anything, 2 monsters in Taker & Kane, Rock developing into singles mode, a decent tag team division and a stellar mid card roster including Edge, Christian, Shamrock, DX etc etc.

Raw really was must see tv.

Their PPVs were anything but must-see at the time. For all the faults WCW had, the WWFs pay-per-view shows also sucked since their TV shows were driving the product with the monthly cards being an afterthought. To their credit they did develop a deep roster in a relatively short space of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

For All Mankind is up now.....that's my night sorted :-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

It's staggering the amount of talent that were there at that time.

and yet a few months later we had probably the least star filled rumble in history if you remove austin.

edge (nowhere near the star he would become years later), golga, droz, gillberg, blackman, severn, tiger ali singh, blue meanie, mabel, gangrel, kurrgen, al snow, godfather, test, bossman, val venis, xpac, mark henry, jeff jarrett, d'lo and chyna.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Royal Rumble 1999 entrants

1 Steve Austin
    2 Mr. McMahon
    3 Golga
    4 Droz
    5 Edge
    6 Gillberg
    7 Steve Blackman
    8 Dan Severn
    9 Tiger Ali Singh
    10 The Blue Meanie
    11 Mabel
    12 Road Dogg
    13 Gangrel
    14 Kurrgan
    15 Al Snow
    16 Goldust
    17 The Godfather
    18 Kane
    19 Ken Shamrock
    20 Billy Gunn
    21 Test
    22 Big Boss Man
    23 Triple H
    24 Val Venis
    25 X-Pac
    26 Mark Henry
    27 Jeff Jarrett
    28 D'Lo Brown
    29 Owen Hart
    30 Chyna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

rossie1977 wrote: »
    and yet a few months later we had probably the least star filled rumble in history if you remove austin.

edge (nowhere near the star he would become years later), golga, droz, gillberg, blackman, severn, tiger ali singh, blue meanie, mabel, gangrel, kurrgen, al snow, godfather, test, bossman, val venis, xpac, mark henry, jeff jarrett, d'lo and chyna.

In fairness, 2 of the top guys in Rock & Mankind were in a singles match and for some reason Taker wasnt on the card.

Most/all Rumble matches have alot of filler wrestlers in them, its just more evident there as on only one of the say top 5 or 6 guys is in it. The fact that Vinny was in it I feel is a big reason for that, the focus was on him and Austins feud so arguably the card was stacked that way so maximum attention was on them and the fans knew exactly who to root for.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

In fairness, 2 of the top guys in Rock & Mankind were in a singles match and for some reason Taker wasnt on the card.

wwe had the hottest guy in history at the time, one that was getting superhot and a few decent maineventers but on a whole their roster at the time was far from great, the biggest heel on the roster afterall was not a wrestler. it wasn't until jericho, angle, dudleys and the radicals debuted that their upper midcard really got good. wcws roster at the time in late 98/early 99 blew away wwes in terms of starpower which just shows you how strong austin on his own was.

if you want to see a star filled rumble look at 92.

uwwedoogie wrote: »
    Cool cheers - would appreciate an update once you've tried. I'll only be using Chromecast via a laptop or Desktop device. So hopefully it works nice for you. Will probably buy then - just to get WrestleMania on my TV if anything.

Got my Chromecast

I'm casting using a Macbook Pro (late 2013).

Its working well in fairness. Very smooth. The older stuff (480P) is smoother again which you'd expect.

All in all, impressed with it. But hopefully WWE integrate Chromecast to their own app very soon.

Important to note, when I went "Full screen", i couldnt browse the web using another tab on my browser. That was a bit of a pain point.

Edit - I've found a way around the full screen issue. Opened a whole new window in Chrome. Casted it. The instead of full screen, I resized the window to just about fit the WWE stream. It stretches it to fill the TV then. Not quite full screen but the best for now!

The trailer to the Bret Hart Wrestlemania X Rewind shows the WWF block logo blurred. Feck knows why. #notuncutanduncensored

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Got my Chromecast

Its working well in fairness. Very smooth. The older stuff (480P) is smoother again which you'd expect.

All in all, impressed with it. But hopefully WWE integrate Chromecast to their own app very soon.

Important to note, when I went "Full screen", i couldnt browse the web using another tab on my browser. That was a bit of a pain point.

Edit - I've found a way around the full screen issue. Opened a whole new window in Chrome. Casted it. The instead of full screen, I resized the window to just about fit the WWE stream. It stretches it to fill the TV then. Not quite full screen but the best for now!

Great stuff. Placing my order now.

This reminds of me of Wrestlemania All Day from 2000.
    **Michael Cole and JBL announced that during WrestleMania week they will be hosting a special on the WWE Network next Thursday, Friday and Saturday from Axxess in New Orleans entitled “WrestleMania Today” and there will be a new Legends of Wrestling panel airing next Friday April 4 th .

http://fightnetwork.com/news/46111:law-march-26-update-huge-forbes-story-on-vince-mcmahon/

I watched the new Countdown show which covers "blunders". Not as good as a Botchamania but it's very watchable and the best of the lot so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

This reminds of me of Wrestlemania All Day from 2000.

I just downloaded that the other day. Never heard of it until this week despite being a hardcore fan back then.

I still have yet to watch it because it's like 8 hours long or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JrdanB

Hey,

So it's been a few weeks now and I haven't gotten the network yet - just want to get your thoughts/opinions on how well wrestlemania is going to work?

I've been keeping an eye on this thread and noticed at the start, the live streams seemed to be choppy and whatnot, have those early problems been ironed out - for those of you that have it, are you optimistic or worried about watching wrestlemania live on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

Got my Chromecast

What are you using on Google Chrome to get around location restrictions? Hola only works via Firefox for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

HooohRaaah wrote: »
    What are you using on Google Chrome to get around location restrictions? Hola only works via Firefox for me

Unblock-us I'd imagine

Unblock-us.

Works the best. Configurable on many devices and can also be configured on your entire router to govern all devices. Easy to setup.

JrdanB wrote: »
    Hey,

So it's been a few weeks now and I haven't gotten the network yet - just want to get your thoughts/opinions on how well wrestlemania is going to work?

I've been keeping an eye on this thread and noticed at the start, the live streams seemed to be choppy and whatnot, have those early problems been ironed out - for those of you that have it, are you optimistic or worried about watching wrestlemania live on it?

Every live stream i've watched so far (main event every Tuesday) has had a few buffering problems. I'm not too worried about wrestlemania though seeing as though it will be put on the on demand section the next day so if the stream is really bad, I'll just watch it then. I'm just delighted I don't have to give UPC e25 for it (and you don't even get it in HD)

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

Unblock-us.

Works the best. Configurable on many devices and can also be configured on your entire router to govern all devices. Easy to setup.

Thanks brother.
    I'll give it a go tonight and see if it works.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

WWE Countdown's Biggest Blunders is awesome. Nearly worth this months fee :P

Thursday night TV sorted! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I was laughing my ass off all the way thru.

"I'm gonna kick your medieval ass" :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Is it 8 hours long?

• Advertisement

Elimination Chamber 2014 is now up:
    http://network.wwe.com/video/v31678253

Advertisement