Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

I'm looking forward to watching the Hall of Fame in it's entirety. Always good stories on that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I was laughing my ass off all the way thru.

"I'm gonna kick your medieval ass" :-P

I miss what was number 1. Do you recall it?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Decobuzz

Tried setting up unblockUS for the free trial but for whatever reason I can't get it set up.
    I follow it step by step and then when I open Google Chrome nothing comes up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

10. Sid
    9. Dungeon of Doom
    8. In Your House Beware of Dog Blackout
    7. Steiner
    6. Kennel from hell
    5. Adamle
    4. Brawl for All
    3. Papa Shango puts Warrior under a spell
    2. Shockmaster
    1. McMahon's Million Dollar Mania

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Just set this up for myself when I got home from work at half 4 and I'm still on it. I'm in awe of how much content is on this for the price it's being handed for. Really loving this.

I should really get to bed....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Info on Raw and SD replays, from Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
    George Barrios on 3/10 in giving a presentation at the annual ROTH
    Conference pegged early May at the latest to announce the home of Raw and
    Smackdown for the new year. He said a key point in the negotiations is WWE attempting
    to get a deal where they can get Raw and Smackdown replays on the network. Right now, the contract with NBC Universal doesn’t allow them to put the shows on for 30 days, and they want to shorten that window.

They still haven't put up any new RAWs or Smackdowns since January before the Rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

Decobuzz wrote: »
    Tried setting up unblockUS for the free trial but for whatever reason I can't get it set up.
    I follow it step by step and then when I open Google Chrome nothing comes up

Same thing as myself. I put in the DNS code or whatever it is. Click out and then try and open up Chrome but it's as if the wifi isn't connecting.

Use the 'easy setup app' if ye are using a computer, no need to change DNS with it. http://www.unblock-us.com/how-to-set-up/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Use the 'easy setup app' if ye are using a computer, no need to change DNS with it. http://www.unblock-us.com/how-to-set-up/

Worked me for me. Honestly child's play compared to doing it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

So its been a couple of weeks now, can we call it a success or a must have yet?

• Advertisement

According to Bryan Alvarez the number of subscribers that is floating around in WWE sounds almost too good to be true so he isn't reporting the number as Bryan doesn't personally believe it. But WWE are very, very happy.

I've been really surprised how realtively little WWE has pushed it compared to Tout's promotional push height.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,567 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd say it will be about a year till they can really call it a success or failure. They will of course get the inital uptake from hard core fans and then from those wanting a cheap way to watch Wrestlemaina all will have signed up to 6 months.

It will be when it comes to the second contract when the WWE and the world will see how the Network is seen. What kind of drop off there is or how many keep up the contract to the Network for another 6 months.

Business wise it'll be a success if they have a million+ subscriptions which they can maintain after the first 6 months is up and of course Mania goes off without a hitch. For me there's quite a few annoying things about it, edits, functionality and the like, the annoying disclaimer and TV age rating before everything.

I'd imagine the lack of Austin era Raw episodes has some folk a bit miffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

rovert wrote: »

I've been really surprised how realtively little WWE has pushed it compared to Tout's promotional push height.

Absolutely. Thought it would be all over the show but it seems to just be a few segments on each broadcast.

I wonder are they worried that the current subscriber numbers will put a strain on the WM live stream and they don't want to add more?

jamc wrote: »
    Absolutely. Thought it would be all over the show but it seems to just be a few segments on each broadcast.

I wonder are they worried that the current subscriber numbers will put a strain on the WM live stream and they don't want to add more?

Or the USA Network doesn't allow them however I haven't read that there is a limit on the plugs. USA Network seem kind of ok with the WWE Network if anything. It is a bit of a mystery to me at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I just saw this on another website. I've no interest in the wrestling at the moment, I havnt watched it since I was about 15, but for 9.99 I'd nearly get it for the the backcatalogue.

How extensive is the back catalogue of stuff?

Some serious childhood memories staying up late watching Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania

TheDoc wrote: »
    I just saw this on another website. I've no interest in the wrestling at the moment, I havnt watched it since I was about 15, but for 9.99 I'd nearly get it for the the backcatalogue.

Some serious childhood memories staying up late watching Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania

Likely most relevant:
    Expansive Video-On-Demand Library
    In addition to live and original programming, fans will have access to the most comprehensive WWE video-on-demand library the instant they subscribe. WWE Network will offer all WWE, WCW and ECW pay-per-views as well as encores of Raw and SmackDown totaling more than 1,500 hours of video on demand at launch.

List of everything else:
    http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-network-programming-lineup-26182163

TheDoc wrote: »

All the Royal Rumbles and Wrestlemanias are on it but the TV shows like SNME, Primetime Wrestling, Raw and Snackdown are not though they're adding the latter two in dribs and drabs.

If you think the WWF/WWE pay-per-views will satiate your desire for nostalgia then go for it.

You've to subscribe for 6 months and you need a DNS workaround.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Just saw a movie trailer during NXT on the livestream.

Thought they'd do it at some stage. A good idea if it's not too intrusive. Another revenue stream.

• Advertisement

I've unblockUS working but the WWE Network still won't play on Google Chrome... Aghhhh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

rovert wrote: »
    According to Bryan Alvarez the number of subscribers that is floating around in WWE sounds almost too good to be true so he isn't reporting the number as Bryan doesn't personally believe it. But WWE are very, very happy.

Probably because only Americans can get it?

I've unblockUS working but the WWE Network still won't play on Google Chrome... Aghhhh!!!

Any ideas on what to do lads?

Any ideas on what to do lads?
    Use a different browser, heard there was trouble with Google's browser for some reason. Firefox or IE Explorer were what people were using a few weeks back.

Use a different browser, heard there was trouble with Google's browser for some reason. Firefox or IE Explorer were what people were using a few weeks back.

I have a Chromecast so specifically want to use Chrome to cast it on my tv

Ah... now I look silly. Fwiw I just tried opening network.wwe.com in Google Chrome and it just redirects to wwe.com/network. Am using unblockus with no hassle in Firefox and on PS3 so I'm assuming it's a Chrome issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

finally getting around to this

have set up account

trying to download app on ps3

anyone know what to put in for the american address?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,567 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ayatollah wrote: »

:D
    Titan Towers
    1241 East Main Street
    PO Box 3857
    Stamford, CT 06905-0857

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

Titan Towers
    1241 East Main Street
    PO Box 3857
    Stamford, CT 06905-0857

part of me really wants to try that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

ayatollah wrote: »
    finally getting around to this

have set up account

trying to download app on ps3

http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/

Advertisement