Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DHL claim to have delivered my package

• 06-01-2014 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

The tracker said they left it in my letter box, but is an apartment letter box and no way would the package (clothing) have fit. I rang them and lodged a complaint so they are investigating but has this happened anyone before? What's the likely outcome if the driver still claims he delivered it? I haven't received it in case that wasn't obvious :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

TJ Mackie wrote: »
    The tracker said they left it in my letter box, but is an apartment letter box and no way would the package (clothing) have fit. I rang them and lodged a complaint so they are investigating but has this happened anyone before? What's the likely outcome if the driver still claims he delivered it? I haven't received it in case that wasn't obvious :o

Who signed for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Same happened to me with another company last week, parcel show as delivered on the 30th, when I checked signature it wasn't mine or anyone on my road, contacted them on the 31st but no deliveries that day, they came back with it next working day 2th at 8:30 am, saying was deliver to wrong address, as half sleep didn't ask many questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Nobody. The tracker says "Signed for by: JOHN LB". My name isn't John but you get the idea. When I called and said I didn't sign for it the woman told me LB means it was left in the letter box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Nobody. The tracker says "Signed for by: JOHN LB". My name isn't John but you get the idea. When I called and said I didn't sign for it the woman told me LB means it was left in the letter box.

Get onto the place you bought it off, they have the contract with the delivery company its up to them to sort it out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Wow. DHL driver just called to the apartment. I had logged the non-delivery with the shipper too. He said he was getting in trouble over it and didn't want any more trouble so asked me what was in the package and how much it was worth. I said it was a t-shirt worth €30. He then took out his wallet and offered me €30 to sign a form saying I received the package. He seemed quite upset, but I don't know now if he did somehow manage to put it in the letter box (if he did, part of it would have been sticking out for sure so could have been stolen), or if something dodgier is going on!

Either way, I just want rid of the issue so I took the money and signed his form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Wow. DHL driver just called to the apartment. I had logged the non-delivery with the shipper too. He said he was getting in trouble over it and didn't want any more trouble so asked me what was in the package and how much it was worth. I said it was a t-shirt worth €30. He then took out his wallet and offered me €30 to sign a form saying I received the package. He seemed quite upset, but I don't know now if he did somehow manage to put it in the letter box (if he did, part of it would have been sticking out for sure so could have been stolen), or if something dodgier is going on!

Either way, I just want rid of the issue so I took the money and signed his form.

He's obviously new... forgot about the door mat trick UPS seem to have down to a tee.

doormat.jpg

In all seriousness, maybe this event will hopefully teach him a lesson. Hope he doesn't loose his job over it. He seems genuinely sorry that the package has gone missing.

Advertisement