Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie Question - Joyetech eRoll

Options
  • 06-01-2014 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭

Hello all, go easy now as I'm new to this world. This evening I got home from work and I've just unboxed my Joyetech eRoll. Have it all set-up now and have my last box (hopefully) of cigarettes to finish off - which will probably be gone by tomorrow lunchtime.

In terms of my habit to date I smoke around 15 cigarettes a day - probably smoke 10 during the work day and 5 in the evening when I get home.

My initial question is about how long the liquid in one of these eRolls lasts once you've filled it up i.e. would I get a days worth of vaping out of it without having to bring the liquid bottle into work with me? (It really doesn't appear to take a huge amount of liquid in the cartridge)

If there is any other general newbie advice to an eRoll user feel free to dish it out here.Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

You'll definitely have to refill a lot. eRoll holds 0.4ml, average 20-pack smoker seems to average ~3ml a day.

Depends on what strength your nic is and all that but I'd expect you to refill 5 times a day, maybe one or two times more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I've got an eRoll and although it's a nice little device, personally it's not for me.

1. The battery life isn't great. You'd get may be 20 minutes out of it before it would need a recharge.
    2. It holds feck all liquid, so you'd be refilling it a lot.

Mine has been resigned to the drawer. I only get it out when I've got some new e-liquid to test, rather than filling up my kayfun to discover the liquid is manky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

TinCool wrote: »
    I've got an eRoll and although it's a nice little device, personally it's not for me.

1. The battery life isn't great. You'd get may be 20 minutes out of it before it would need a recharge.
    2. It holds feck all liquid, so you'd be refilling it a lot.

Mine has been resigned to the drawer. I only get it out when I've got some new e-liquid to test, rather than filling up my kayfun to discover the liquid is manky.

Yep, wish I'd done a bit more research before I pulled the trigger on it as a purchase. A relative was using one before Xmas and I made a hasty decision late last week to take the plunge and buy some kit.

My biggest complaint so far is that ( in addition to the quantity of liquid it takes) is that I'm finding it a bit of a nightmare to fill. A couple of times I've thought I've filled it up only to find out there was nada in it other than a drop of liquid blocking the top of the cartridge.

Still so far its served its purpose in that I'm off the real cigarettes ... if I get over a week out of it I'll have saved some money :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

My mrs is using it to cut down on cigarettes and she likes it. It's an OK device, but as others have said, the amount of liquid it holds would annoy me and it is a bit finicky to re-fill. Battery life shouldn't be an issue if you keep it in the PCC when not using it. Don't see why you wouldn't get the best part of a day out of it, or longer if you vaped less than me. I'd say if the mrs took the plunge and quit smoking altogether she'd find she'd have to switch devices after a while. That said, it could be handy to hang onto it for stealth vaping on planes or at the cinema.

Why didn't I google it yesterday :)

Dead simple to refill now that I know how to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

Thanks to this thread and youtube I no longer want to lob my eroll off the wall. Only using it a few days, but the refilling was doing my head in, breaking air bubbles with a cocktail stick! I had no idea the top came off. Newbieness at its finest.

My Dekang cheesecake tastes so much sweeter now :-D

TFK wrote: »
    I had no idea the top came off. Newbieness at its finest.

It's one of those things we forget we have to tell people - sorry 'bout that. :o

grindle wrote: »
    It's one of those things we forget we have to tell people - sorry 'bout that. :o

I blame the manual :-)

There's a manual? Even if it's a manual for something else, feel blessed - manuals and vaping seems weird to me, they're that rare.
    I've never gotten a manual. My manual was searching the net for other people saying "WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK IS THIS?"

There's a manual? Even if it's a manual for something else, feel blessed - manuals and vaping seems weird to me, they're that rare.
    I've never gotten a manual. My manual was searching the net for other people saying "WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK IS THIS?"

Small thick manual in a few languages, nicely set out apart from the 'this is how to fill the cartridge in a less soul sucking way'

Its a nice little starter kit in fairness, can't see it being a forever job though, I think I may have caught the bug. I was ready to stop smoking, bought an ecig in the shop while deciding on a reusable kit. Now I am in love with my nicotine hit with a much much nicer taste than a John player blue.

• Advertisement

Small thick manual in a few languages, nicely set out apart from the 'this is how to fill the cartridge in a less soul sucking way'

Its a nice little starter kit in fairness, can't see it being a forever job though, I think I may have caught the bug. I was ready to stop smoking, bought an ecig in the shop while deciding on a reusable kit. Now I am in love with my nicotine hit with a much much nicer taste than a John player blue.

Now that I've sorted the filling I'm really happy with it also. Yeah it doesn't hold much liquid but the portable charging case it comes in has really impressed. So far I've let it the battery in the eRoll run out completely before inserting it the right around to charge in the portable case. I haven't yet had to recharge the actual charging case - which considering its now day 4 of use I'm pretty impressed with. Time will tell as to how long the batteries hold these levels.

I did spot that the usb plug adaptor for the charger it comes with has a very low output (500mA) - probably need to be wary that if you lose the usb power supply.

My eroll is getting really really hot the past couple of days, is this normal or does newbie me need to change a replaceable part?

I honestly haven't a clue about the more technical aspects of vaping . I am just very proud of myself for being off the smokes!

My eroll is getting really really hot the past couple of days, is this normal or does newbie me need to change a replaceable part?

I honestly haven't a clue about the more technical aspects of vaping . I am just very proud of myself for being off the smokes!

I'm gonna presume you put more liquid into it. Is the battery getting hotter or the atomiser section?

I'm gonna presume you put more liquid into it. Is the battery getting hotter or the atomiser section?

Yeah it would be the atomizer area. Or the bit between that and the cartridge/tank ( my technical expertise is fantastic as you can see) no extra liquid, filled to same line twice a day.

Could be use I guess, or holding it different and just noticing lol, so sorry I am rubbish at this.

Could be just holding it on that part whereas you didn't before.

Could be you puff in quick succession? I know from using me GF's cigalike back in the day that it got hot very quick on the atomiser portion too (above the battery, below the tank = atomiser). The atomiser is basically the same as a light bulb with a wick through the coil and juice getting fed to it.
    The space is so small and those walls are so thin it's gonna get fairly hot

Could be just holding it on that part whereas you didn't before.

Could be you puff in quick succession? I know from using me GF's cigalike back in the day that it got hot very quick on the atomiser portion too (above the battery, below the tank = atomiser). The atomiser is basically the same as a light bulb with a wick through the coil and juice getting fed to it.
    The space is so small and those walls are so thin it's gonna get fairly hot

That sounds plausible, I have gotten a bit more comfortable with it and learning how to pull a bit better.

Yep, the atomiser area does heat up. Over the past week and a half I've changed the way I hold it and my fingers tips now just hold the eRoll at the end where the light is. I've also really reduced how much I drag on it - a very light slow pull I find gets much more flavour and a more rewarding hit.

Still really happy with mine. Can't believe as a 20 a day smoker I'm only going through just less than 3 cartridges a day. I also have found I only need to charge the PCC once every 3 days. Big test coming up next weekend as I'm off on my first proper drinking session since I started vaping. Will have to bring a few spare cartridges for that me thinks :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

The atomiser rally does get hot on the enroll. This is normal so nothing to worry about.

Thanks guys.

donnacha wrote: »
    Yep, the atomiser area does heat up. Over the past week and a half I've changed the way I hold it and my fingers tips now just hold the eRoll at the end where the light is. I've also really reduced how much I drag on it - a very light slow pull I find gets much more flavour and a more rewarding hit.

Still really happy with mine. Can't believe as a 20 a day smoker I'm only going through just less than 3 cartridges a day. I also have found I only need to charge the PCC once every 3 days. Big test coming up next weekend as I'm off on my first proper drinking session since I started vaping. Will have to bring a few spare cartridges for that me thinks :P

I thought alcohol would be my downfall, I have only drank at home so I am not sure how a social night will go. I do worry about it. Let us know how you get on. But again well done on your achievements so far.

• Advertisement

Rather than start a new eroll thread I thought I would just ask here, how many spare parts would you recommend to have (cartridges and atomisers)? I have no idea the general lifespan of either and would like to have a little stash. Thanks.

Advertisement