Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Global Force Wrestling thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

ERG89 wrote: »
    Her country music gimmick was fantastic in Tna before she left; one of those ideas that was so good I don't know how Tna produced it.

Yes I agree. Also her cage match with Tara was one of the best matches the Knockouts division ever had. Also thought her slow burn heel turn in 2013 was brilliant too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Well first off she didn't leave. She was fired. There are many rumours as to bad attitude and backstage heat but the biggest thing is she "allegedly" had an affair with Cena that soured and she was let go as a result. I don't know if that's true or not but that's just the rumours that I've heard.

Love to see her back. 2006 Mickie was my favourite performance by any Diva ever and think she still has a few good years left in her

The Cena-Mickie thing seemingly did happen. But Cena's first marriage was apparently not built on strong foundations. It was Cena's pre-fame girlfriend, Cena put marriage on the long finger and she guilted him to marrying her as she was beginning to feel or to be seen as foolish sticking around this long. It long lasted a short while and his ex-wife apparently got a huge settlement. I don't think Cena holds any grudges these days.

Apparently she was at the Performance Centre on the quiet a few months too as well.
    Yes I agree. Also her cage match with Tara was one of the best matches the Knockouts division ever had. Also thought her slow burn heel turn in 2013 was brilliant too

The last thing I saw of her was a trainwreck match two weeks ago that wasn't her fault. She won Maryland Championship Wrestling’s Women’s Title from an indie wrestler Amber Rodriguez. Victoria as the special referee and Melina as the special guest enforcer. Just too many moving parts and Melina when she attacked Mickie made it clear she hasn't been in the ring for years.

The money all goes back into the same household but I feel sorry for Magnus sitting beside Mickie at the merch table on the indies. Mickie is fairly underrated in terms of the level of star she is and how fondly she is remembered. Magnus will be the one holding the camera when a fan wants a polaroid with Mickie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bobby Roode wants in on GFW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Why doesn't Jarret just quit the formalities and just name it TNA altogether :/

Where TNA and GFW begins and ends is one of the great mysteries. It still seems like and arms length relationship and that GFW is poaching talent.

https://twitter.com/karenjarrett/status/618478638007197696

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Its so stupid.

They are setting this up as a new TNA; same owner figure, same ring shape, and now the same talents. They needed to do something to differentiate from the sinking ship, but this is like calling your boat the Titanic II. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Yep its basically now TNA with the Bullet Club who are getting pretty tired as an act now so should fit in perfectly with the TNA talents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Its so stupid.

They are setting this up as a new TNA; same owner figure, same ring shape, and now the same talents. They needed to do something to differentiate from the sinking ship, but this is like calling your boat the Titanic II. :/

Yeah Titanic II was a pretty crap movie. (Yep, it does actually exist)

But this is beginning to look like a copy of a copy. So while TNA would take WWE's talent, it looks like GFW is now taking TNA talent. But as you say considering how TNA are doing these days, why look to imitate them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

rovert wrote: »
    Dixie saw him first I believe. She saw him on UK Gladiators during a UK TNA tour:

That's died down/gone away.

Between TNA stints she guest trained at the Performance Center in November 2013:
    Do you think that Mickie James and Magnus are going to be a package deal for the rest of their marriage then? Sure he could end up getting another run around if Gladiators makes a resurgence someday. I think he's pretty wasted here.

• Advertisement

This weekends cards.

July 9th – Appleton, Wisconsin:

* Special guest: “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan
    * Colt Cabana and Eric Young will be appearing
    * Tomasso Ciampa vs. Nick Aldis (Magnus)
    * Sonjay Dutt vs. PJ Black (Justin Gabriel)
    * Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows vs. Oi4K
    * Santana Garrett vs. Melanie Cruise

July 10th – Erie, Pennsylvania:

* Special guest: Scott Steiner
    * Eric Young will be appearing
    * Sonjay Dutt vs. Jamin Olivencia
    * Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows vs. PJ Black and Seiya Sanada
    * Moose vs. Joe Bolen
    * Kongo Kong vs. Nick Aldis
    * Taeler Hendrix vs. Cherry Bomb

July 11th – Lake County, Ohio:

* Special guest: Scott Steiner
    * Sonjay Dutt vs. Jamin Olivencia
    * Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson vs. Seiya Sanada and Takaaki Watanabe
    * Johnny Gargano vs. Chuck Taylor
    * Allysin Kay vs. Sumie Sakai

http://globalforcewrestling.com/

Will Eric Young and Colt Cabana be wrestling? All of those shows look like they don't really have main events so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Its so stupid.

Erm who else is there to sign?

Most indie talent are happy to take the NXT development deal for the chance of a main roster push and most of the guys not being pushed in WWE haven't got it in them to leave.
    I think the Lucha Underground talents are stuck in that deal also, last I heard waiting for the go ahead on season two.
    They have a deal with NJPW but I imagine that is the odd appearance, nothing more.

GFW named their non-existant TV show with a naff name:

https://twitter.com/GolazoDan/status/619234427856666625

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

That tweet couldn't be more accurate. Everything from the name to the logo looks like it's straight out of those games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

and so it begins. ey invaded last nights live gfw event and "stole" jarretts recently won kotm title

I do appreciate that, which is why I'd stress it's not just who they are signing...its the overall presentation. Everything about it screams TNA 2.0, which is an image they should be fighting, not embracing at full force.

Posted a while ago that it is believed their two big ace cards for the TV tapings is Goldberg and AJ Style. AJ is a pretty big name but I think the impact will come from Jeff and AJ sticking two fingers up at TNA.

So have neither A.J Styles or Bill Goldberg been announced for the tapings as of yet? I'm curious to see what the show comes out like, giving them the benefit of the doubt as of now.

So have neither A.J Styles or Bill Goldberg been announced for the tapings as of yet? I'm curious to see what the show comes out like, giving them the benefit of the doubt as of now.

No. They were supposedly surprises but then became worst kept secrets.

Also the GFW Baseball Stadium shows like the one last night has a heavy emphasis on the Bullet Club. AJ is in the Bullet Club.

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    No. They were supposedly surprises but then became worst kept secrets.

Don't get why they'd keep them surprises; Goldberg would be the type of name people tune in for, so why not plaster him on ****ing everything. WWE can have surprises because they have the brand names. GFW should be promoting that sort of acquisition to the moon.

Update your Total Extreme Wrestling mods now:
    Global Force Wrestling issued the following:

Global Force Wrestling unveils name of TV show, divisions

NASHVILLE – Global Force Wrestling's TV tapings on July 24 at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas will carry the name "Amped."

"Amped will be the show that unites promotions and showcases the very best men and women professional wrestlers on the planet," GFW founder and CEO Jeff Jarrett said.

GFW also is excited to announce four unique divisions: GFW Global Championship, GFW Tag Team Championship, GFW Women's Championship and GFW NEX*GEN Championship. These titles will be up for grabs in four separate tournaments that kick off on July 24 at the Orleans Arena.

"There is no doubt in my mind that I will be the first GFW Global Champion, and I will raise that title in Las Vegas," former TNA Heavyweight champion Bobby Roode said.

When asked about the NEX*GEN division, Jarrett stated, "It's about the up-and-comers, the fearless new faces in this industry from around the globe. You will be talking about these guys for years to come."

GFW co-founder Karen Jarrett is excited about the women's division.

"We want to unite women's divisions around the globe and give the fans never-before-seen matchups with the best female wrestlers in the industry," she said.

More Global Force Wrestling "Amped" tapings are set for the Orleans, on Aug. 21 and Oct. 23.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Geez, NEX*GEN division isn't even subtle.

After months of speculation, Wrestling Inc has learned that Cyrus Fees will be the play-by-play voice of Global Force wrestling, starting with the company's television tapings next weekend.

Fees is a 32 year old who has worked for several mixed martial arts promotions as both a ring announcer and play-by-play announcer. He also is President of The Hip Show Arena Combat International.

Fees will join former UFC title contender Chael Sonnen in the booth for GFW's first set of tapings.

Who?

Global Force Wrestling announces first UK dates, matches will include Nick Aldis, Doug Williams

July 20, 2015

NASHVILLE – Global Force Wrestling is following up its #GFWGrandSlamTour and its TV tapings at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas with its first events outside of the United States, in October in the United Kingdom.

GFW invades the Grimsby Auditorium in Grimbsy, Lincolnshire, on Oct. 28 and the Lynnsport and Leisure Park in King’s Lynn, Norfolk, on Oct. 30. Promotion co-founders Jeff and Karen Jarrett will appear, as will former heavyweight champion Nick Aldis, legendary women’s champion Mickie James, British wrestling star Doug Williams and host of WrestleTalk TV Marty Scurll.

“I’m thrilled to be heading to the UK to share the GFW brand with the incredible fans across the pond,” Jeff Jarrett said. “Since day one no fan base has inundated us with more requests to bring a show to them than those in the United Kingdom.

“What’s unique about this is we wanted to bring high-caliber shows to towns that haven’t previously had access to them, with most touring companies staying exclusively in major cities like London, Manchester and Glasgow. We decided to give new towns an opportunity to experience a great live wrestling event.”

Aldis, who recently made a successful debut in GFW, is from King’s Lynn.

“I’m excited and proud to be part of GFW’s first UK shows,” said Aldis. “It will be great to finally appear on a major show in my hometown. I hope the fans feel as excited as I do.”

For Tickets and Information:
    Global Force Wrestling: globalforcewrestling.com
    Grimsby Auditorium: grimsbyauditorium.org.uk TEL: +44 (0) 844 871 3016
    LynnSport: aliveleisure.co.uk/alive-lynnsport TEL: +44 (0) 1553 818001.

It is a quality poster:

3mylUXh.jpg

Their TV taping has an eerie resemblance to IMPACT - aside from the crowd size:

Rro6Kzs.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

More crowd photos....

CKuz0-vWwAAIlSe.jpg:large

CKuyWLiWgAATU6Y.jpg:large

CKuyWO_WIAA3Twc.jpg:large

Not bad at all in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

When do these shows air on TV and on what channel?

Advertisement