Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Global Force Wrestling thread

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

They still don't have a TV deal so the air date is still to be determined I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

rovert wrote: »
    No. They were supposedly surprises but then became worst kept secrets.

Also the GFW Baseball Stadium shows like the one last night has a heavy emphasis on the Bullet Club. AJ is in the Bullet Club.
    Has there been anything more about an appearance from Bill Goldberg at the tapings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭badgersbelief

Jeff Jarrett has had several meetings with BT Sport over the last couple of days. With WWE on Sky Sports, I think BT would be the best option for GFW since the two stations are competing now. Much better option than Challenge TV anyway.

So what station would it end up on for us if that were to happen, and do you have any idea what date we would be looking at for it to start?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Jeff Jarrett has had several meetings with BT Sport over the last couple of days. With WWE on Sky Sports, I think BT would be the best option for GFW since the two stations are competing now. Much better option than Challenge TV anyway.

Do you have a source on this as I can't find one

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

PWinsider saying a UK tv deal could be announced next week.

No way I see it being on BT sport.

Wouldnt be surprised to see it on challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

PWinsider saying a UK tv deal could be announced next week.

No way I see it being on BT sport.

Wouldnt be surprised to see it on challenge.

Well if rumours are to be believe it could be BT, Jarrett has a knack of getting money for old rope and it wouldnt surprise me if he got a deal with someone decent.

I still feel the association with TNA may hurt him long term though I can see his reasons for it since they had no TV at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 seventhsea

Apparently for what its worth, It has been rumoured on social media and various wrestling sites, that Jarrett has had meetings with BT Sport, and the Rights and Acquisitions Manager of BT Sport has been interacting with Jeff on social media..

That wouldnt be a good choice in my opinion, cos unless you have the top Virgin package (where it's free) or have your broadband from BT, its a whopping £24 a month on top of your sky subscription.

I aint paying that for 1 wrestling show a week..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 seventhsea

Although Challenge would be a far better option for viewers as 95%+ of the country get it for free....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

I'll give it a go when it airs I guess. It hasn't started showing in the U.S already or anything?

Advertisement