Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Global Force Wrestling thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

So is the show going to be good, in your opinion?

Great not just good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Yep if the main matches deliver then show of the year should be wraped up less then a week into the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

So is the show going to be good, in your opinion?

And if the last couple of years are anything to go by it'll be a brilliant spectacle as well as being an awesome wrestling show.

Production wise they don't have the money of Wrestlemania but what they do have they spent it well and use it a manner that augments the characters. I know Cena, Triple H, Undertaker etc get special entrances but also you have pointless celebrity segments and ****e American bands too. First time Devitt did the bobypaint was Wrestlekingdom.

I've been to three WrestleMania's and none seemed as cool or epic as being at WrestleKingdom was this year. Nearly everybody had a unique entrance and the sheer sense of scale was brilliant. Plus the wrestling wasn't too shabby either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

And if the last couple of years are anything to go by it'll be a brilliant spectacle as well as being an awesome wrestling show.
    Reading this thread and listening to you guys talk about how good it usually is, and are expecting it to be almost has me sold on watching this thing come January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Available outside of North America on your smart phone, tablet or internet-connected television via the Flipps App. $34.95 on Flipps.
    NASHVILLE — Global Force Wrestling has made arrangements with Flipps to make the Jan. 4 live presentation of “GFW Presents: New Japan Pro Wrestling’s Wrestle Kingdom 9” available outside of North America via your smart phone, tablet or internet-connected television.

With the exception of Japan, wrestling fans around the world will be able to watch this event live or as a video on demand utilizing the unique mobile-app solution Flipps. Flipps’ innovative technology allows for streaming video entertainment from the cloud to the TV screen using only a smart phone. The Flipps app is compatible with more than 5,000 models of streaming players and connected TVs. The app automatically finds all WiFi-connected TVs in the local network and viewers are able to project their favorite content on their television in seconds. Flipps transforms the mobile device into a handheld remote allowing for intuitive playback control using simple touch-screen gestures.

“Flipps currently has an install base of over 10 million entertainment fans from around the world,” said Michael Patellis, senior vice president of programming for Flipps. “Making an event like GFW Presents NJPW’s Wrestle Kingdom 9 available for wrestling fans is another big step in the growth of our company. We are excited about the opportunity to present such a globally appealing program.”

The Flipps app can be downloaded for free from the iTunes App Store or Google Play. The GFW Presents NJPW’s Wrestle Kingdom 9 event hosted by Hall of Fame announcer Jim Ross will be available for just $34.95 on Flipps. The price of the program will immediately be converted to the local currency of where the purchase is made.

“Professional wrestling has always been an early adopter of new technology to make programming available to wrestling fans,” said Michael Weber, vice president of marketing for Global Force Wrestling. “Working with an innovative app like Flipps is the next step in the evolution of how fans can watch the very best wrestling from around the world live.”

Wrestle Kingdom 9 will stream live at 2a.m. ET on Sunday,Jan. 4 and then will be available for 30 days on the Flipps app.

http://globalforcewrestling.com/flipps/?utm_content=buffer17650&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

That's a great team in fairness!!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    That's a great team in fairness!!

Striker will know his stuff about Japan that JR might not know.

Both with passion for wrestling that comes across.

• Advertisement

Striker will know his stuff about Japan that JR might not know.

Both with passion for wrestling that comes across.

Passion been the key word!! Back in the day JR. & King had buckets of it!!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Passion been the key word!! Back in the day JR. & King had buckets of it!!

Striker has it on Lucha Underground you can just feel his passion for wrestling even if he can be over the top some times but thats ok it's wrestling :D

Better over the top that what we get on RAW and Smackdown

Striker is aggressively terrible.

Pity his smarky comments got him sacked from wwe

rovert wrote: »
    Striker is aggressively terrible.

Why couldn't TNA just play ball and let Tenay do it? It's not like they plan to use him as an announcer themselves. Striker is now the main reason to watch it in Japanese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Absolutely no interest in the english version now NJ World and the Japanese commentating all the way.

Would you actually prefer to watch a wrestling show in Japanese, when English is available easily?

Would you actually prefer to watch a wrestling show in Japanese, when English is available easily?

Definitely. I really like New Japan's announcers in general, in spite of not knowing what they're saying.

Okay. I thought it was a serious case of cutting your nose off despite your face over Matt Striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I'm a fan of striker to be honest. I think he does a good job.

• Advertisement

Meltzer says John Pollock was in the running. Wish it was him.
    I'm a fan of striker to be honest. I think he does a good job.

How? Did you watch his later period WWE stuff where his colleagues looked like they wanted to lamp him. Have you heard him on Lucha Underground or his call of the House of Hardcore. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but you are objectively wrong here. :p

I think Striker incepted most people into thinking he was pretty good initially on ECW until becoming unbearably annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Man, JoPo and JR on commentary for the show would have been amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I like Striker. I find his commentary to be informative, fresh and friendly. Almost feels like you're watching with a fan rather than a guy who's showing up because he heard he's getting paid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Meltzer says John Pollock was in the running. Wish it was him.

Oh my God, that would've been amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Oh my God, that would've been amazing.

I agree. I listen to a load of podcasts, wrestling and non-wrestling and I would get sick of listening to certain hosts from time to time, but never with Pollack. I think he would've been a perfect fit. Striker, blah tbh.

How? Did you watch his later period WWE stuff where his colleagues looked like they wanted to lamp him. Have you heard him on Lucha Underground or his call of the House of Hardcore. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but you are objectively wrong here. :p

Cant stand Striker

What royal rumble was it when someone returned and Striker says "i'm marking out bro" :rolleyes:

To be honest, I like Matt Striker. I think he made for a nice change from Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler talking about the main event players over the midcard guys' matches all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Cant stand Striker

What royal rumble was it when someone returned and Striker says "i'm marking out bro" :rolleyes:

Kevin Nash's return as Diesel.

I used to like Striker. He was good. Then he got too smarky. Really rubbed me the wrong way when he used to constantly call Big Show "The Giant".

He's still better than Mitchell Cole though

• Advertisement

Gloriously vague as standard:

Advertisement