Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Global Force Wrestling thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Saying "Who Will Be There?" isn't so much a tease as a statement of fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I know its an old arguement but Im a fan of Matt Striker. Sure hes a fan, and not shy about it but when in WWE he was head and shoulders above anyone there besides JR. Cole just is god awful, JBL is basically saying what Vinces wants and the king phones it in night after night.

Stryker, when he began in ECW, was knowledgeable and insightful and was a breath of fresh air. He paid the price for showing other commentators up and soon enough Vince ruined him and turned him into a joke.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The biggest news of the day. GFW’s first three shows at the Orleans Arena will take place on Friday, July 24; Friday, August 21 and Friday, October 23.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Are they 3 days of vague promos from Jeff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Advertisement

GFW to tour during the summer.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – You might be able to buy peanuts and Cracker Jacks, and there’s sure to be a crowd. But this will be a whole new ball game.

The historic first Global Force Wrestling show will be held on Friday night, June 12 at The Ballpark at Jackson in Jackson, Tennessee. as part of GFW’s “MiLB Grand Slam Tour.” The tour will feature stops from Florida to California and several points in between.

It’s a grassroots approach building toward the first GFW broadcast event on Friday, July 24 at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas. Minor-league parks operated by both private ownership and municipalities have agreed to play host to Global Force Wrestling shows when their baseball-playing tenants are out of town. It’s an easy win for the parks, which gain another great source for revenue. For GFW it’s a chance to build momentum, show off its roster and deliver on its mission statement to be the most fan interactive brand in sports entertainment.

“These ballparks are the center of attention in the summer in most of these cities, and we’re eager to get out there and mix with our fans and show them what the GFW brand is all about,” said Jeff Jarrett, Global Force Wrestling founder and CEO.

The stars of GFW will be appearing in such cities as Knoxville, Tennessee, Richmond, Virginia, and Clinton, Iowa. Dates for the summer ballpark tour are available on globalforcewrestling.com, and more will be added in the coming weeks.

“Global Force Wrestling presented us with a great plan, one that will be beneficial to us and all ballparks, teams and cities as well as to their burgeoning brand,” said Todd “Parney” Parnell, vice president and chief operating officer of the Richmond (Va.) Flying Squirrels. “We know GFW will generate a lot of interest and excitement, not only the night of the show but for weeks in advance.”

Atlanta Braves catcher A.J. Pierzynski is excited about the alliance of his profession and his pastime.

“Wrestling and baseball make a great tag team,” said Pierzynski, a wrestling aficionado. “And I’m thrilled to see so many minor-league parks, some of which I’ve played in, jump on board.”

Global Force Wrestling will roll out its talent roster in the next couple of weeks. It’s a lineup filled with speed and power, righties and lefties, starters and closers, sure to provide thrills at every ballpark.

Between this and the TNA/Billy news:
    https://twitter.com/sescoops/status/592688427025465346

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Probably for the best then that the NWO all seem to be currently involved with WWE again.

I'd say for now it's probably just Bischoff & Hervey's production company producing the tv tapings.

But isn't it still kind of like saying you don't have AIDS, you just have HIV, i.e you're still sick?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

rovert wrote: »
    Between this and the TNA/Billy news:
    https://twitter.com/sescoops/status/592688427025465346

Well there's not much hope for GFW then. Jarrett and Bischoff both putting themselves over all the time. All we need now is Russo on the writing team and we start the countdown to its not so shocking demise.

Insanity. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Sure maybe in a decade we'll get GFW Week on the WWE Network or something. Anyway, we'll wait and see what happens I guess. I'd've thought Jeff Jarrett would be near retirement. Out of interest, what part of Kilkenny are you from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Sure maybe in a decade we'll get GFW Week on the WWE Network or something. Anyway, we'll wait and see what happens I guess. I'd've thought Jeff Jarrett would be near retirement. Out of interest, what part of Kilkenny are you from?

Assuming they have anything Vince would want by the time they go under.

I'm here in the City Centre.

Ah very good. I'm from Goresbridge.

I'm sure Vince buys some of these libraries just to own them.

**Global Force Wrestling is holding a press conference in Las Vegas this Wednesday and will be announcing their roster for the upcoming shows they have scheduled at various minor league baseball parks as well as their television tapings they have announced.

It is finally happening guys.

Today is the day:

CEVFZUsUIAAg3LG.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

They streaming the press conference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Be interesting if he will have any stars of note

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Be interesting if he will have any stars of note

Haven't you heard? They have a multiple time World Champion & intercontinental champion on the cards. Did I mention he's the king of the mountain? Just I can't remember how too spell his name, if only he had some catchy way of reminding people :)

Chael Sonnen has been announced as a commentator for GFW

PJ Black (Justin Gabriel) is your first wrestler signed.

Now Davey Boy Smith

• Advertisement

Hermie Sadler said there are some legends and by that he means really big names in the wrestling industry and these names will surprise people.

The only big name that would shock me is JR and I would be really really surprised if he signed on full time to any company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

JR is a shoe in for GFW if they get a TV deal. If they have Sonnen they obviously have cash so I'm gonna say they are working on Goldberg.

Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson have been announced

CEV2uNpUIAA2N-v.jpg

The roster reveal was Renua level

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The roster picture above is like something from our drafts...but not as good :confused:

Seriously though, the production levels look horrid, and there is zero,point of trying to create a new WWE alternative if you can't be arsed to get a decent graphics guy in....

So have they announced anything to do with a T.V deal yet or what's the story? I only saw this now. Good to see Chris Masters featured so prominently in the poster anyway. You never know, there might be some elements of this that are worth taking a look at when it happens.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

CEV2uNpUIAA2N-v.jpg

Jesus they signed lady taipa from TNA , Who else has been signed i dont no half of them ha

The Named Roster.

Chael Sonnen (Expert Analyst)

Seiya Sanada

PJ Black (Former WWE Superstar Justin Gabriel)

Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. (Better known as the tag team, Killer Elite Squad)

Karl “Machine Gun” Anderson & Doc Gallows (Better Known as tag team members of New Japan Pro Wrestling’s Bullet Club)

Chris “The Adonis” Mordetsky (Former WWE Superstar Chris Masters)

Quinn “Moose” Ojinnaka

Lei’D Tapa

Thea Trinidad (Former TNA wrestler Rosita)

http://heavy.com/sports/2015/05/global-force-wrestling-gfw-full-roster-revealed-tour-dates-tv-tapings/

• Advertisement

I haven't seen much of Killer Elite Squad so I'd be interested in watching some of their stuff if the show is on regularly enough.

Advertisement