Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car hire, Melbourne to Brisbane

Options
  • 06-01-2014 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭

Hello
    Can anyone help me locate a reasonable car hire company in Melbourne who will allow me rent and drop in Brisbane?
    Want to rent from March 1st to 20th.

Some of the quotes I have got are crazy, with loads of add on charges from dropping in a different state.
    Other quotes not showing me the 'one way rental' fees.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Try a relocation company like imoova.com (used to be standbyrelocs).

If you can be flexible with your dates you might get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭jockey#1

Check out the website below. Its perfect for one way rental relocations. Granted its usually campervans they offer but sometimes they have cars on offer too.

If you are not too fussy on the vehicle, they offer small campervans like a toyota hiace type van.

http://www.imoova.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

thanks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Joe Gt

insurance can be the killer , between $25-40 per day for a 0 excess policy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Joe Gt wrote: »
    insurance can be the killer , between $25-40 per day for a 0 excess policy

Don't buy insurance from car rental company, its a rip off.

I always buy mine separately, google car rental insurance and you'll find lots of providers. I used Allianz for recent rental and it was c. $10 per day...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

best quote I got was from carrentals.com using redspot

€450 for 20 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Did you try Budget at all? I'm renting a car from them for 9 days next week, they were the cheapest by far, the added insurance nearly doubled the price from $330! So as Jackbhoy said I will get it from an outside company I reckon, the excess is $2750 on the car but the excess cover is only $84!

Advertisement