Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Problem

Options
  • 06-01-2014 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all, I am looking for a bit of help and advice.

Myself and my wife have a mortgage with Bank of Scotland ( no longer visible in Ireland )
    We have decided to emigrate from Ireland due to job prospects. I spoke with the bank in Scotland today and explained our situation. I told them that I wanted to change our mortgage as we intend on renting out the house and continue to pay the mortgage in full each month. After being put on hold, the operator came back and told me that they will not let us rent the house out and are not offering new products to their customers.

I was gobsmacked. I am willing to pay the mortgage and even give up our tracker rate. Are the bank being unfair in this situation?

I feel that our only two options left are to:

A) rent the property anyway and not tell them and continue to pay the mortgage in full every month.
    B) turn the key in the door and emigrate and not look back.

Option B would be a very last resort as I don't want to do anything illegal or have our credit rating cut to bits.

Any help is much appreciated.

John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Just rent it out and let the rent cover whatever it does of the mortgage. You have tried to be reasonable, they have refused to engage. If you really want to get their attention stop paying the mortgage altogether, but in your position Id just go ahead with the renting plan.

Advertisement