Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sourcing textile manufacturer

Options
  • 06-01-2014 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

I have set up a very small biz making a specific textile product. I have made the first 100 units to test the market, but my supplier who is a one-man band, will not be able to scale should things take off.

By take off - I only mean 200 units per month - so we're not talking massive quantities. Unit price is <50 euro, so also not talking massive revenue. It's only a small business.

I have been looking for a textile manufacturer and I'm struggling. I would like either UK or Ireland, and with the quantity I don't believe that offshore (China, etc) is really an option.

Other than googling textile manufacturers, is there a way to source such a company? I'm struggling to find anywhere as most companies seem to have moved offshore/closed down.

Any help/advice is appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Textiles is a huge field, if you were more specific.. A cotton teehirt material, a wool knit, a woven tea towel etc kinda thing? This might help get some recommendations

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

Thanks for response. Looking at a fleece item with oil cloth backing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Might be worth going along to the Showcase Expo in the RDS later this month to see if anyone has a similar construction product you could piggyback on! http://www.showcaseireland.com

Advertisement