Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the best way to get a tablet online?

Options
  • 06-01-2014 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Basically I received a gift of an Acer tablet for Christmas. I want to use the tablet online in non WiFi spots. Not very knowledgeable in this area but what I'd like to be able to do is stream Netflix and the likes. I work a graveyard shift in work and want to not go insane with boredom.
    So.... What is an affordable but good method of getting by tablet online?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

nd81 wrote: »
    Basically I received a gift of an Acer tablet for Christmas. I want to use the tablet online in non WiFi spots. Not very knowledgeable in this area but what I'd like to be able to do is stream Netflix and the likes. I work a graveyard shift in work and want to not go insane with boredom.
    So.... What is an affordable but good method of getting by tablet online?

Download the content offline if possible, otherwise your looking at tethering the internet connection via your phone. I don't recommend doing this unless your sure your phones plan offer you a decent amount of download allowance, as just one or two Netflix streams would eat into the rubbish allowances most phone providers provide in no time, and could end up costing you a lot of money if you go over

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

You could get a mifi device from o2, three, meteor or Vodafone. Its a little battery powered device that provides WiFi and gets its data from the mobile network. You can get them on pay as you go so you can buy data at a daily, weekly or monthly rate without a contract.

i would recommend researching your place of work to see which network has the best coverage (ask workmates on different networks to check how fast the internet is on their phones while at work) and then check the various operators websites to see what deal would suit you.

Advertisement