Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

family holiday in Ireland

Options
  • 06-01-2014 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey I'm wondering if any of you can help. This summer I will have 3yr old and 8month old and am looking for a nice break away with my partner and kids. We are going abroad for a week just the two of us so we want to do a little holiday with kids also. Can anyone recommend places in Ireland or would it just be as cheap to bring them on a trip abroad? We went to Trabolgan last year and had a fantastic time. I'd like to try somewhere new but if not we'll probably go back there. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We went to Pontins in Wales last year, I would not advise more then a day trip to Pontins but the area was gorgeous and the kids had a ball.(Prestatyn) The kids were 4,2 and months.
    Trabolgan was more expensive for the week and could not find places that were reasonable for the kids here so that is what swayed our decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

We used to holiday on the grounds of Westport House in Mayo when we were young. My parents used to rent a house but there are camping n caravan facilities too. There is so much to do there, you'd barely have to leave the grounds. I wouldn't know about prices but I have the most amazing memories of holidaying there :)

www.westporthouse.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lucybelle

Great thanks a mill. X

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Was about to mention Westport myself, stayed there for a week last year in Croagh Patrick Holiday Village self catering cottages. Highly recommend them, modern clean cosy cottage, the owners couldn't be more nice and helpful. 15 mins max drive to the town, Greenway cycle (we did this with an 8 month old), Achill island, drive to Clifden. Basically great base!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

We go to valentia and rent a house from www.valentiaislandcottages.com. Its a bit of a drive from dublin but the prices are reasonable and the houses immaculate. You even get left some brown bread, a cake and as much turf as you can burn.
    Scenery is fantastic and its kid safe.
    There are also nice beaches in ballinskelligs which are safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

http://www.oceanislandmobilehomes.com/things_to_do_fethard/family_holiday_breaks.htm

This place looks lovely - not sure where you are, but its only 110 miles from dub.

Advertisement