Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHI plan B to laya?. Anyone else changed?.

Options
  • 06-01-2014 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi all. I have been on VHI plan B for the last six years. Premiums rising and benefits getting worse. Thinking of switching to laya. There are company plans that seem to offer a significant saving and better benefits. Can't see anything on the plan benefits about scan cover.Has anyone else changed to laya?.I know I'm not getting a good deal with VHI but am a bit afraid of making the move as I don't know anyone with laya.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

SarahH2O wrote: »
    Hi all. I have been on VHI plan B for the last six years. Premiums rising and benefits getting worse. Thinking of switching to laya. There are company plans that seem to offer a significant saving and better benefits. Can't see anything on the plan benefits about scan cover.Has anyone else changed to laya?.I know I'm not getting a good deal with VHI but am a bit afraid of making the move as I don't know anyone with laya.

Was on a company run plan B till september last, switched to a different plan with VHI (one of the ones they dont advertise).
    Policy cost almost halved and now I can claim on day to day expenses like GP etc.
    My wife has a laya policy, no complaints so far, she had a lot of procedures done in the last 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Both parents were on vhi plan B.

My mother had cancer last year so had a load of consultant visits, which cost her a lot of money from her own pocket over the space of 18 months, when she went to try and claim back some of these from vhi the excess was a ridiculous figure and she would only get back around €50 after spending over a thousand from her own pocket.

When their renewal was due in the summer I contacted laya and looked at the company care plus plan.

Which actually covered more than their plan B did with VHI with the benefit that with Laya company care plus plan they can claim back 50% of almost all medical visits such as consultants, gp, dentist, physio etc etc.

They were great to deal with and the changeover was easy, just make sure you organise it coming up to your renewal so you don't need to pay any fees and so theres no break in cover.

They saved a few hundred euro each and their new plan has many additional benefits over their old vhi plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

Hi Outkast_IRE

Since you mother could not claim much on VHI Plan B re consultant visits.
    Get her to fill out a med two form from the revenue website as she maybe able to claim back some of this cost from revenue.
    She may get 20% back of any medical treatment not paid by vhi.
    This would be for doctor/consultant visits.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SarahH2O

Thanks so much for the very helpful replies. I feel much more confident avout the move now. I have a lot of day to day expenses too and the VHIs huge excess is a killer. Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Is she covered for the pre existing condition straightaway?

Both parents were on vhi plan B.

My mother had cancer last year so had a load of consultant visits, which cost her a lot of money from her own pocket over the space of 18 months, when she went to try and claim back some of these from vhi the excess was a ridiculous figure and she would only get back around €50 after spending over a thousand from her own pocket.

When their renewal was due in the summer I contacted laya and looked at the company care plus plan.

Which actually covered more than their plan B did with VHI with the benefit that with Laya company care plus plan they can claim back 50% of almost all medical visits such as consultants, gp, dentist, physio etc etc.

They were great to deal with and the changeover was easy, just make sure you organise it coming up to your renewal so you don't need to pay any fees and so theres no break in cover.

They saved a few hundred euro each and their new plan has many additional benefits over their old vhi plan.

• Advertisement
Advertisement