Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Marburg near Frankfurt, Germany

• 06-01-2014 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I may be moving to Marburg near Frankfurt in Germany for a 6-month contract. Interested to hear about peoples' experiences of Marburg and or Frankfurt. Also, any advice on accommodation would be appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,575 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I ws theer fro a week abotu three years ago. It's a vice little place, but a bit boring. For 6 months there are worst places to wind up. Weather should be nice in the summer.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 german.grinds

I spent a year in Marburg a few years ago. It's a very nice, scenic place, and the nightlife is quite good with a lot of cosy small pubs/cafes (although if you're looking for larger clubs etc, you might be disappointed). The Altstadt (old part of the town) is quite nice to walk around as well. In terms of shopping or other things to do, it's maybe not the best, as it's mainly a student/touristy town. In fact sometimes I had the feeling that the town was more or less a fairly large university campus, although that's just my opinion and other people might think differently.

Even if you do find it too small though, at the end of the day, Frankfurt is only an hour away by train (and also the larger town of Gießen which is good for shopping etc is only 20 minutes away). As well, Marburg is a really good base location-wise if you're interested in seeing other parts of Germany, as you're within day-trip (by train) range of loads of places like Heidelberg, Hannover, Kassel, Cologne, Bonn, Düsseldorf. If you want to know anything else, just ask!

Advertisement