Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Water pump advice.

• 06-01-2014 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi all.
    Monsoon. 3bat negative brass twin pump just failed there last week. It mostly increased the water supply to the upstairs of the house for both hot and cold. We found it very noisy at night when flushing the toilet.
    Looking at replacing it as advices by plumber that the motor is gone.
    Anyone recommend a quiet-cheaper alternative.

S

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

stodwyer wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Monsoon. 3bat negative brass twin pump just failed there last week. It mostly increased the water supply to the upstairs of the house for both hot and cold. We found it very noisy at night when flushing the toilet.

The motor is not "gone" and your pump can be fixed, to replace your pump would be over €900 plus fitting, call the shower doctor in park west and they will fix it inplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 seanie r

Hi all.

The motor is not "gone" and your pump can be fixed, to replace your pump would be over €900 plus fitting, call the shower doctor in park west and they will fix it inplace.

seanie r wrote: »

A submersible pump that drops into your storage tank would be a quiter option, but wouln't be cheeper I'd imagine.yuor going to be paying 250+ for any decent 3bar pump

A submersible pump that drops into your storage tank would be a quiter option, but wouln't be cheeper I'd imagine.yuor going to be paying 250+ for any decent 3bar pump

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stodwyer

I can imagine that would work with the cold but how with the hot?

Liffey fishing.

Is there a place down South that would be able to do the same?

S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Liffey fishing.

Is there a place down South that would be able to do the same?

S
    Yep they have agents in Munster, give them a call and they will hook u up, thery r the official monsoon service agents for ireland.

Yep they have agents in Munster, give them a call and they will hook u up, thery r the official monsoon service agents for ireland.

Hi all. Thanks a million for the advice.
    I had a fella call tree tonight and sort the whole thing out. €70 for the whole to fix.

So everyone beware of plumbers even sent out by reputable plumbing companies telling you that stuff needs replacing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

seanie r will u get me a few of those 3 bar negative head pumps at that price please !!??

Hi all. Thanks a million for the advice.
    I had a fella call tree tonight and sort the whole thing out. €70 for the whole to fix.

So everyone beware of plumbers even sent out by reputable plumbing companies telling you that stuff needs replacing.

Well more saga.
    Went to turn in tap again this morning and no stir from the pump.
    The impellers had ceased the last time but why would they cease again? Is the pump truly fooked this time?

S

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

The pump in my house started to act up recently, turn on tap in bathroom and no water as pump not coming on, eventually it would kick in. Then one day it wouldn't work at all, pump was really hot so turned off at breaker. Called plumber and he came out the next day and when I turned on the breaker the pump worked straight away. He reckoned it was on the way out.

Later that day it died again and was really hot so i turned the breaker of again and called him up again. I wanted the same pump in as before which he quoted me €750 for a 3 Bar pump and 650 for a 2 bar. I went with the 3 bar as that's what we had. It's quieter now also.

A friend in the same estate has just had theirs go recently too. It was approx 7-8 years old and used for all hot water circulation, cold water everywhere except kitchen and also the washing machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Flow Pumps

What did your plumber replace on the unit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

Flow Pumps wrote: »
    What did your plumber replace on the unit ?

He replaced the whole pump!

Advertisement