Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

retracting testicle?

Options
  • 06-01-2014 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

Ok, So im not looking for any medical advice, just wondering if any of the other parents have had this experience or have heard of anything similar happening?

so this morning I was changing my LO (12 months) and I noticed a lump on the crease of his leg between the leg and the groin. I thought it looked like a bone sticking out! My PHN happened to have open hours this afternoon so i said I would take him there first versus the GP.
    When she checked him out she thought that it might be a swollen gland due to getting his 12 month shots the week prior but that those normally swell in the armpits. Then as she was doing the rest of the regular check she noticed that she could only feel one testicle. My son has had both descended since he was born and the last time she checked (his 6-9 month check) they were both still descended. She said that it seems to have reascended but she hadn't ever come across it before. she scheduled an appointment with the HSE doctor for the next morning (as luck happens the doctor has clinic there tomorrow!) to check it out.

anyway long story short- has anyone come across this before? I've heard of undescended testicles but not retracted! i briefly googled it but as soon as i saw the term testicular cancer and infertility (:eek:) I closed the page!

Thanks in Advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

As a man, I'd say it's fine as long as it comes back down. Probably best as a doctor though.
    Google gives everything cancer don't panic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Hi, it's not rare for a newborn to have a retractable testicle... But this should resolve by about the 6 week check up or there abouts. After a couple months both testicles should have descended. You are right having him checked out by your doctor. He could be perfectly fine, but I would get this checked out. Hope all is ok with the little man. Googling prob the worst thing you can do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm sorry you may not think you're looking for medical advice but if you don't have any experience of the condition yet, you are. You'll speak to the doc tomorrow and hopefully get some answers, but I have to close this thread because other posters could post medical advice to you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement