Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Transfers - Limerick City

• 07-01-2014 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

This is a complete long shot but I work in the Civil Service in Dublin city & I'm looking for a transfer to an office in the Limerick City area as soon as possible.
    The only way I can do this is by a 'head to head' transfer. Unfortunately anyone based in Dublin is not allowed to advertise for a swap in the normal way with someone from outside the Dublin area.
    My only hope is to hear through the 'grapevine' about someone in the Limerick area looking to get to Dublin.

I'm just wondering has anyone else any experience of this or any tips on how to best approach the task.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭carlaboi

Are you a CPSU member? If so put an ad in the back of the Aontas magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 AOS1213

Thanks but Aontas does not allow you post an ad seeking to swap a Dublin position for one anywhere outside Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

AOS1213 wrote: »
    This is a complete long shot but I work in the Civil Service in Dublin city & I'm looking for a transfer to an office in the Limerick City area as soon as possible.
    The only way I can do this is by a 'head to head' transfer. Unfortunately anyone based in Dublin is not allowed to advertise for a swap in the normal way with someone from outside the Dublin area.
    My only hope is to hear through the 'grapevine' about someone in the Limerick area looking to get to Dublin.

I'm just wondering has anyone else any experience of this or any tips on how to best approach the task.

Get your HR department to write to whatever departments you are interested in, that is what I done as I was looking to move to Meath from Dublin.

Get your HR department to write to whatever departments you are interested in, that is what I done as I was looking to move to Meath from Dublin.

Sorry for slow reply but can I ask did it take long for you to get your transfer? Or is your department one with a high turnover?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

Sorry for slow reply but can I ask did it take long for you to get your transfer? Or is your department one with a high turnover?

Hi, I have not managed to get a transfer as there was nobody looking to transfer from Navan. I was just trying to point out the other options to you. As a matter of interested do you know why you cant get a transfer via cpsu as i asked them why you cant transfer from dublin on 2 ocassions and received no reply.

• Advertisement

Hi, I have not managed to get a transfer as there was nobody looking to transfer from Navan. I was just trying to point out the other options to you. As a matter of interested do you know why you cant get a transfer via cpsu as i asked them why you cant transfer from dublin on 2 ocassions and received no reply.

I have no idea why I think it's something to do with decentralisation but that would appear to be defunct now it's over 11 years since that system was set up & don't think it's of any relevance anymore to the small number of moves that are made between Dublin & the country these days. I don't see what the problem is when you are sourcing a replacement for yourself!

Anyway we live in hope. It might be something to think about creating a social network site where people could register interests for head to head transfers that could be arranged outside of HR system. The gardai have a page for it on Facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Do you have any contacts in Limerick? We regularly have informal head-to-head transfer notices on our canteen notice board that come through friends of people already here.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 DUB142

I have no idea why I think it's something to do with decentralisation but that would appear to be defunct now it's over 11 years since that system was set up & don't think it's of any relevance anymore to the small number of moves that are made between Dublin & the country these days. I don't see what the problem is when you are sourcing a replacement for yourself!

Anyway we live in hope. It might be something to think about creating a social network site where people could register interests for head to head transfers that could be arranged outside of HR system. The gardai have a page for it on Facebook.

Yeah I think thats a good idea, I'm in dublin looking for a different department as a co. Facebook would be a good place to start for a head to head but how would you know who is for real or is just having a laugh (not a civil servent)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Mo Lester

Hi there im looking for a transfer from dept if justice castlebar to the mid lands or the south side of dublin. Know of anyone interested? Any progress with your transfer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Plenty of ads in PSEU mag from people in Dublin looking to get out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Castlebar12

Mo Lester wrote: »
    Hi there im looking for a transfer from dept if justice castlebar to the mid lands or the south side of dublin. Know of anyone interested? Any progress with your transfer?

There is a dept of justice in Castlebar? I knew their was agri, children and PE and reform but justice? Where abouts is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Mo Lester

Same building. 25% shift allowance and other premiuns..

Advertisement