Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline Thread 07/01/14 to 26/03/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

pc7 wrote: »
    If Joe can get enough pressure going here that Shatter resigns 'Joe for President' in my buk

Joe is obviously starting his 'get rid of Shatter' campaign. He may just be up against a man who is as thick and arrogant as himself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

I have friends in low places

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Well those on the northside of Dublin will remember the only community guard that we knew was the Night Rider, hiding in lanes to catch people coming out of pubs

Bloody hell, that's going back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

I love the way they use Joe Duffy in the theoretical situations.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

ExGarda: "The things I did I can never tell anyone"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

if discretion is totally taken away from the Garda , it will be worse for ever one all round.

time to time they have given me the chance to produce my licence, or van test into the station if i did not have them on me. by law i presume i shoud have been fined ? Same goes with every little fault on peoples cars , if they police this, with no discretion, alot of the people criticizing them for helping people out will change their tune ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Sgt Drama Queen on line 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

the same lads that appoints the RTE Authority...:(

retired garda no. 67

• Advertisement

2smiggy wrote: »
    if discretion is totally taken away from the Garda , it will be worse for ever one all round.

time to time they have given me the chance to produce my licence, or van test into the station if i did not have them on me. by law i presume i shoud have been fined ? Same goes with every little fault on peoples cars , if they police this, with no discretion, alot of the people criticizing them for helping people out will change their tune ...

There is a big difference between what you describe and the quashing of penalty points already properly issued.

What's Joe's agenda here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Well then she shouldn't have been speeding with all the bloody kids in the car then should she.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

signostic wrote: »
    the same lads that appoints the RTE Authority...:(

If that's the case, what's the betting that Terry Prone will be chairman of the new Garda Authority.......?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Somebody loving to go to Limerick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

2smiggy wrote: »

But they were taking the p1ss. For instance, why was it politicians who always got away with points?

What about the sportstar that was speeding, after being let off?

What if he killed someone?

Obviously if it was an emergency, like a pregnancy in the car, well that's grand. But the hundreds of cases did not involve that. They were just taking the p1ss.

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »

Has to be something to do with dead babies from the 1800s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

"Ah sure joe the people going over the speed limit cant afford the points so why would i give them to them?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

If any more evidence was needed of Garda corruption - these muppets have just added more fuel to the fire.

GROS , (get rid of Shatter);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Did Duffy just say "all great servants of the state" ???

After they calling up to gloat on how they let people off with traffic offences and he thinks they are "great servants of the state", what a clown Duffy is

• Advertisement

Interrupting this for death. No surprises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Who died now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

getting somewhere near the present now with the history tales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

TD Nicky McFadden has died.. I'm presuming that is what he's talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

"Communion to Florida", bloody hell, i went to the restaurant after mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Why does he imply that someone has died and then not mention who it is? That's just going to cause relatives of other politicians (who haven't died, ) unnecessary stress.

Nicky McFadden TD has died RIP.

Shannonside FM News @shannonsidenews

Longford Westmeath Fine Gael TD Nicky McFadden has passed away following a battle with Motor Neurone Disease

Skid X wrote: »
    Why does he imply that someone has died and then not mention who it is? That's just going to cause relatives of other people unnecessary stress..

Joe is working for Malaysian Airlines now.. He's gonna send us all a text with the news shortly..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

But they were taking the p1ss. For instance, why was it politicians who always got away with points?

What about the sportstar that was speeding, after being let off?

What if he killed someone?

Obviously if it was an emergency, like a pregnancy in the car, well that's grand. But the hundreds of cases did not involve that. They were just taking the p1ss.

fair enough about cancelling ones already issued, but the big deal being made of something, IMO , not very important, will lead down the line of little or no discretion from the Garda. All this political nit picking will lead us all into a much worse situation in general I feel

The poor woman. RIP.

TD Nicky McFadden has died.. I'm presuming that is what he's talking about.

Sorry to hear that. She was very young, early fifties. I think she had Motor Neurone disease. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭bigroad

Whats the point of this .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

'Aer Lingus were great as per usual'.

How quickly he forgets the unaccompanied minor callers of a couple of weeks ago.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Oh lord could he tell this story any slower

bigroad wrote: »
    Whats the point of this .
    Filler till 1500

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Travel insurance company in "Being Utter Turds" shocker.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

"Mmm."

Joe has lost interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

I was distracted at the start of this story. Did his father die on the plane?

Passed eligible for insurance. Eh Joe, you don't go for a bloody assessment, you read the terms and conditions and you tick if you're suitable or not for the policy, including declaration of any such operations.

I'm not sure what this fellow is complaining about. He seems to be more upset that he lost his holiday than anything else. If nothing had happened, the money would be spent now anyway.

"Mmm."

Joe has lost interest.

Compiling information on the death of Nicky McFadden

Ah you didnt stick at it.. Your da was right about you..

vicwatson wrote: »
    Compiling information on the death of Nicky McFadden
    But he has no wifi in the studio..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Crux of the issue is "pre existing condition",after his fathers heart was deemed ok and was getting back to health, saying that his father was walking 10k in the gym or whatever, once a condition has been in place irregardless of how many years back it was, insurance companies will latch on to those details and dig their heels in unfortunately!!!

He got back to Orlando "thanks be to God"

Joe replies "lord rest him"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

It's a disgrace, Joe.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Oh FFS caller, they're currently outside my house and I can barely hear Joe, you don't hear me ringing and complaining about it.

Here's a tip for you, look out the window, if the truck is there, wait a while before you have to leave. Whinger.

Such a liar, we were never informed.

Sure just block their vans in, end of

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement