Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Installation issues

Options
  • 07-01-2014 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Hi can you have a look at a installation query for me? I ordered a new/reactivated line for the E-fibre product via Vodafone last October. The previous line would have been dead for at least 10 years in an old property. 

The installation of the new master socket in the property last November failed as there was a problem with the line back to the nearby street cab. (approx 150m) The contractors referred it back to Eircom and thats where it ends!! No one can give me any update of approximate timeframes.  

I have managed to find out that the landline is active in the exchange / cabinet and have found out my landline number so I can pm that over? My problem is it gets no further than the street cabinet. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

Hi Cargo

If you would like to PM with th full address please and I can check this out for you.

Thanks
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

Hi Cargo

If you would like to PM with th full address please and I can check this out for you.

Thanks
    Ash
    PM sent thanks. 

cargo wrote: »
    Hi Cargo

Thanks
    Ash
    PM sent thanks. 
    Hi Aisling, did you receive the details?

Anyone???????

Cough cough

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

cargo wrote: »
    Hi can you have a look at a installation query for me? I ordered a new/reactivated line for the E-fibre product via Vodafone last October. The previous line would have been dead for at least 10 years in an old property. 

The installation of the new master socket in the property last November failed as there was a problem with the line back to the nearby street cab. (approx 150m) The contractors referred it back to Eircom and thats where it ends!! No one can give me any update of approximate timeframes.  

I have managed to find out that the landline is active in the exchange / cabinet and have found out my landline number so I can pm that over? My problem is it gets no further than the street cabinet. 
    Hi cargo

Apologies for the delay in having a response to this. I can confirm that orders made through other providers cannot be followed up upon by eircom and corrispondance in relation to this must be made through the provider you have placed your order through. If you would like to PM me your landline number (I cannot seem to find it in Aislings Private messages) I'll look into this and offer as much info as I can however limited it may be.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement