Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eyebrow piercing leading to eyelid brusing ig Normal ?

Options
  • 07-01-2014 5:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

i ordered sterlized needles online and pierced my eyebrow 2days ago it bleed alot cause i did it slow and i have a purple ishh green bruise on my eyelid is this normal ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

You tell us, you obviously have knowledge and expericence if you pierced yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

When I got my first one done, there was very very slight bruising on my eye lid and a small amount of bleeding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Sweet jesus... you pierced yourself?

When I got my eyebrow pierced there was some bruising around the eye and eyelid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Victoria915

So is it normal ?
    January wrote: »
    Sweet jesus... you pierced yourself?

When I got my eyebrow pierced there was some bruising around the eye and eyelid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You're causing trauma to the area around the eye by sticking a needle through the skin, what do you think?

It's obvious you haven't a clue what you are doing, instead of taking it upon yourself to save some money and pierce yourself maybe you should seek the advice of a professional piercer, you know, one who has experience in being sterile and knowledge of blood born viruses.

It's not like piercings are even that expensive any longer.

You could cause yourself major damage by piercing yourself without any education on it, you could have hit a blood vessel.

• Advertisement

So is it normal ?

January right,

You should seek the advice of a professional piercer. What did you use to pierce yourself with?

Even if you were to ask him/her to show you how to do it, and then supervise you whilst doing it.

People really need to start waking up and realizing that body modification is NOT something you can skip cost on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

It's probably no big deal. And people pierce themselves all the time.

But if you plan on keeping a piercing, placement is really important, and you need a professional for that. A black eye is the least of the problems you could have.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

My eyebrow piercing was fine, no bruising or swelling afterwards.

I got it done by a professional of course..so..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

A friend of mine got her eyebrow pierced (in a reputable salon), and suffered a bruised eyelid afterwards... then she ended up with septicaemia.

ElleEm wrote: »
    A friend of mine got her eyebrow pierced (in a reputable salon), and suffered a bruised eyelid afterwards... then she ended up with septicaemia.

Careful now, you can conceivably get septicaemia from any open wound, particularly if you are around animals a lot and/or don't follow aftercare. Infections in piercings and tattoos are not necessarily got in the parlour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Careful now, you can conceivably get septicaemia from any open wound, particularly if you are around animals a lot and/or don't follow aftercare. Infections in piercings and tattoos are not necessarily got in the parlour.

That is fair enough, I just remember the piercing being cited at the time for the reason behind the septicaemia. I just wanted to answer the OP's question and give another possible outcome. An outcome I am sure is more possible when an inexperienced person does a DIY job at home.

ElleEm wrote: »
    That is fair enough, I just remember the piercing being cited at the time for the reason behind the septicaemia. I just wanted to answer the OP's question and give another possible outcome. An outcome I am sure is more possible when an inexperienced person does a DIY job at home.

Which is also fair enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

There is also a good chance that the piercing will grow out quite quickly from what I can see in that picture.

Looks like you are using a straight bar which is putting a lot of pressure on the skin of the eyebrow. The ridge of bone is pushing the bar out. You are supposed to have a bar bent to ~90deg to allow conformity to the brow ridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I know you said you ordered sterilised needles but did you sterilise them yourself when you got them?
    You can't be too careful.
    I would've left them in boiling water for a while first before doing it.
    I don't see a problem with piercing yourself ( as long as your 100% sure the beedles are safe and clean) but did you do any research before doing it yourself.
    I got mine done by a clown and it was too close to the skin and I know have stupid scar now because it came through the skin.

There is also the chance of localised paralysis when piercing the face yourself. There are several main nerves running through the area. One main one runs past the eyebrow in one or two places. Hit that and you end up losing control of that side of your face. Possibly permanently. As far as I remember it is the temporal nerve I am referring to.

Edit: Yes it is the Temporal nerve as can be seen here:

image3.jpeg

Soundman wrote: »
    There is also the chance of localised paralysis when piercing the face yourself. There are several main nerves running through the area. One main one runs past the eyebrow in one or two places. Hit that and you end up losing control of that side of your face. Possibly permanently. As far as I remember it is the temporal nerve I am referring to.

Edit: Yes it is the Temporal nerve as can be seen here:

Myth myth myth myth myth!

Karlitto wrote: »
    Myth myth myth myth myth!

If done properly? Correct.

If done at home with no experience, I don't see why it couldn't be possible to hit the nerve.

Soundman wrote: »
    If done properly? Correct.

If done at home with no experience, I don't see why it couldn't be possible to hit the nerve.

It is possible to hit a nerve alright, it is always possible, but the myth is that it can paralyze half your face.

Advertisement