Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC One digitizer replacement

• 07-01-2014 10:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,
    Over the christmas my HTC one started acting up, some parts of the screen were not working, gradually got worse, have read up and seems to be the digitizer, anybody on here fix phones? its the aluminium Htc one in silver.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

dar_cool wrote: »
    Hi Lads,
    Over the christmas my HTC one started acting up, some parts of the screen were not working, gradually got worse, have read up and seems to be the digitizer, anybody on here fix phones? its the aluminium Htc one in silver.
    Thanks

From what ive read, its extremely difficult to repair a Htc one without breaking the screen as its bonded to the body.

Im sure the phone is still under warranty so prob best to return to htc for repair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭dar_cool

I bought it second hand!! rookie error not getting the receipt!!, i think you have to buy the screen and the digitizer as 1 unit which is probably mad money.
    Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

I bought it second hand!! rookie error not getting the receipt!!, i think you have to buy the screen and the digitizer as 1 unit which is probably mad money.
    Thanks for the reply.

I would contact htc about warranty .and just say u misplaced the receipt if they even ask for it.worth a phone call

Thanks alot lads,
    Will get onto HTC straight away
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Thanks alot lads,
    Will get onto HTC straight away
    Cheers

Dont bother... I spoke to them for ages about repairing mine until eventually I gave them my address and, because I'm from Ireland, they said they cant organise collection or anything with me and that I had to bring the phone to my local phone shop. I'm on Meteor but my phone is unlocked so it really didnt matter what shop I brought it to. They took it off my hands without asking for a receipt or anything... I too bought mine second hand. Sent it away and all was repaired for free. The phone is guaranteed to still be under warrant since it's not even a year on the market yet so they probably wont ask questions

• Advertisement

Thanks a million FatRat, Great to hear you got sorted!! Thanks for the help

Advertisement