Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car allowance query

Options
  • 07-01-2014 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Folks

I currently have been asked to opt out of a company car scheme. They are offering €700/month allowance which equates to €336/month net. On top of that they will pay for fuel consumed for company business. They are not offering a flat mileage rate

I will be doing between 20 and 25000 miles per annum. Doing the maths what they are offering will not cover my costs especially I now have to go and purchase a car with a reasonable spec for both relialbility and professional image perspectives

What are your thoughts, mine are that I am entitled to a flat mileage rate on top of the car allowance and if this means paying for the fule myself , it will still work out alot better

Can someone offer me a valued perspective please as I need to act on thi asap

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement