Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heuston to Newbridge Bus - Approx Duration?

Options
  • 07-01-2014 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm starting a job in Newbridge later in the month. I live close to Heuston.
    Job hours are 9-5.30

I know I can get the train but the times do not really tally.
    I realise the bus will take longer but I'm wondering if anyone would have a rough idea how long the bus would take from Heuston station to Main St Newbridge in the mornings ?
    It looks like there is a bus at 07:40 which on the timetable says it will get to Newbridge circa 8.30 I assume in reality it takes longer than that?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭bureau2009

Can't tell you exactly how long Heuston to Newbridge would take - probably more than 50 minutes but should arrive comfortably for 9 am.

The great thing is that you are going against traffic at that time - give it a try. I think you'll find it's pretty nifty at that hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Wordless

As the above poster says you should get there with plenty of time. If all else fails get the luaus to the Red Cow and then use the Dublin Coach service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

You would be mad to get the bus into Newbridge around that time because all the main schools are located at the one end of town the traffic does be horrendous approaching 08:30 in the morning. The bus will also travel through Naas and between people getting on and off I'd be very concerned about being late if I was you. It may be awkward but the train would be by far the best option.

Red Crow wrote: »
    You would be mad to get the bus into Newbridge around that time because all the main schools are located at the one end of town the traffic does be horrendous approaching 08:30 in the morning. The bus will also travel through Naas and between people getting on and off I'd be very concerned about being late if I was you. It may be awkward but the train would be by far the best option.

God Red Crow yeah you are right I forgot about the schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Thanks all. I'll probably stick with the train at least the duration is predictable

I can find a favourite coffee shop or enjoy the novelty of being early for work :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

I started my new job today and as I was allowed to start a little late I tried the bus. You were 100% correct Red Crow.
    Bus passed Heuston at 7.48 got to Newbridge Main St at 09:15 hit traffic in Naas and coming into Newbridge.

So yeah will definitely stick to the train.

Thanks again for your replies

Laneyh wrote: »
    I started my new job today and as I was allowed to start a little late I tried the bus. You were 100% correct Red Crow.
    Bus passed Heuston at 7.48 got to Newbridge Main St at 09:15 hit traffic in Naas and coming into Newbridge.

So yeah will definitely stick to the train.

Thanks again for your replies

Hope it is working out well. It is a pity you had to get the train as Heuston to Kildare is very expensive.

Advertisement