Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC Four : Fri 10th @ 9pm - Born to be Wild: The Golden Age of American Rock

• 07-01-2014 11:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭

Set your Sky+ to record and get the beers in !!! ... looks like it'll be worth a watch

3 parts series starting this Fri on BBC 4 @ 9pm ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03p7p6s
    Riders on the Storm

Episode 1 of 3

Duration: 1 hour

During the era of flower power, Vietnam and LSD, bands such as the Doors, Jefferson Airplane and MC5 not only sang about the revolution, they were the revolution. This episode explores the artists that made the soundtrack to the peace and love generation. The culmination of this era was when half a million people descended on a field in the small hamlet of Woodstock. At that moment rock music seemed a beacon of hope for those who believed in the ideals of equality and freedom. But instead of inspiring a new generation of artists to lead the revolution through political songs the festival proved to be a watershed moment for rock music's reactionary era. The marketing men lined up ready to sign and keen to turn this music from protest into profit.

Interviewees include John Densmore and Ray Manzarek of the Doors, Creedence Clearwater Revival's Doug Clifford, Marty Balin of Jefferson Airplane, Alice Cooper, Tom Petty, MC5's Wayne Kramer and Steppenwolf's John Kay.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Cheers for the heads up , hopefully i can remember to record it when i get home on thursday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Thanks Ray, looking forward to watching.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Looking forward to watching this all week :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone know if this will be repeated before next week? Clashed with something and the parents cancelled it :(

EDIT: Nevermind its repeated Monday 12:40am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Friday nights after 9 on BBC Four are generally always fantastic music-wise. Any Friday I'm in watching the TV it's usually my station of choice, although it's been a while since they've had a good Metal night, they're due one at this stage; any time there was one on it was great anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Sweet and Damn, missed the first episode. Thanks for the heads up!

Advertisement