Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre - inadequate explanation from customer services, can anyone shed some light?

Options
  • 07-01-2014 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I live in area where (shankill, near border with Bray) where eFibre is allegedly available. 

I ran the online test and it failed. I contacted the number provided for customer service and I was told that even though eFibre is available in our "area", our "line" can support it.

Assuming eFibre is FTTx, I asked what does it mean if it's available in our area, and which part of the line if bad? I was told that fibre is available up to the cabinet in our road, and "all" of our line is bad and can't support it.

I told them that the cabinet is not far from us and I really need to figure out exactly which part is bad as it should be possible to get it in our area, but they weren't able to explain adequately and tried to fob me offwith generic (non-technical) answers.

I asked to be put on to or be contacted by someone with network/engineering/technical knowledge so I could discuss the issue and see what exactly is the problem, but she refused that request.

Could someone from Eircom please provide a technical explanation to me? I'll be happy to contact you or provide my contact details. I am really disappointed that this is not yet available to us, after many years and dismal service I thought it is going to finally improve, and technically it should be well possible now. 

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

MuffinsDa wrote: »
    Hi,

I live in area where (shankill, near border with Bray) where eFibre is allegedly available. 

I ran the online test and it failed. I contacted the number provided for customer service and I was told that even though eFibre is available in our "area", our "line" can support it.

Assuming eFibre is FTTx, I asked what does it mean if it's available in our area, and which part of the line if bad? I was told that fibre is available up to the cabinet in our road, and "all" of our line is bad and can't support it.

I told them that the cabinet is not far from us and I really need to figure out exactly which part is bad as it should be possible to get it in our area, but they weren't able to explain adequately and tried to fob me offwith generic (non-technical) answers.

I asked to be put on to or be contacted by someone with network/engineering/technical knowledge so I could discuss the issue and see what exactly is the problem, but she refused that request.

Could someone from Eircom please provide a technical explanation to me? I'll be happy to contact you or provide my contact details. I am really disappointed that this is not yet available to us, after many years and dismal service I thought it is going to finally improve, and technically it should be well possible now. 

Thanks in advance.
    Hi MuffinsDa
    I am afraid that if you have been advised that this is not available, there is little we can do. It can happen due to line quality or roll-out to cabinets that though your neighbor can receive this you may not be able. It would not be possible for a care agent to pass you through to someone in networking to respond to individual cases but if you PM me your landline we can do our best to advise on specific issue.
    Tony

Advertisement