Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Isle Of Man TT 2014

• 07-01-2014 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was thinking about heading to the 2014 TT and thought I could be worth starting a new thread for people to discuss getting there - back, accommodation and anything else worth knowing when you get there.

It seems the ferries are getting booked up pretty fast too!

Anyone going? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Leaving it pretty late for accommodation & ferry at this stage!

Ferry booked months ago (to ensure ferry from Dublin) and accommodation too (same place as last year) - 5 of us going (albeit me in a car)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭dwelby101

Yeah, it does seem a bit late, the ferry prices are around the €250 mark now, for accommodation i was thinking of camping, im sure there are campsites around... jaysus tho in the car? wouldnt the bike be better craic!? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Are there ferrys from Dub available? Thought they'd be tight at this stage.

You must be new...had a bad RTA coming up on 12 months ago (soon)(thread here about it) so car is my only option.

have you checked the TT website? camping info there possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭dwelby101

Yeah there are still some ferrys available, dates aren't great though... completely forgot about the accident, sorry, was a while since i read it, you're obviously on the mend though if you're off to the TT... keep it up ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

kaimera wrote: »
    Leaving it pretty late for accommodation & ferry at this stage!

Ferry booked months ago (to ensure ferry from Dublin) and accommodation too (same place as last year) - 5 of us going (albeit me in a car)

Sucks balls for you, but your friends are getting a lucky one of having plenty of extra space for gear.... charge per litre of car space taken up :pac:

Then there can be a post about you on the stingy thread in AH :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

A few of us are hoping to head over this year in a camper van with the bikes in the back, hopefully we can get the ferry sorted soon. Anyone who has been over might recommend some good spectator spots?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

I'm heading over, flights booked since October. I usually just camp, so don't have to worry about accomodation costs, apart from the cost of getting a good waterproof tent!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Hope its ok to post here...Has anyone booked for 2015 or can recommend any package deals..? Looking for Christmas pressie for OH...

Advertisement