Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre standalone

Options
  • 07-01-2014 12:15pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

I have a line capable of eFibre, although the line is not in use at present at all.  I was advised by sales last night that I can in fact have a "standalone" eFibre broadband put on the line, and installation has been scheduled.  Will there be a dial tone present (as with vodafone's eFibre), or none at all?  Just wondering. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

Hi  Red Alert

If you go for standalone eFibre there will be an engaged tone on the line but you will be unable to make or receive calls.

Thanks
    Ash

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

That's perfect, thanks very much Aisling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Basically the efibre service comes from a green cabinet located on the street near to your home while the traditional phone service and dial tones come from your local exchange.

The two services are basically spliced together at the cabinet but are totally independent of each other. They just share the last bit of wiring from the cabinet to your house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

Hi Red Alert

No worries.

Ash

Advertisement