Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting cassette tape to digital

Options
  • 07-01-2014 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

My Mum has a cassette tape with a recording of myself and my sister singing when we were kids. Is there anyone in Kilkenny offering a service that will convert the content, so I can put it on a CD for her?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Maybe the music shop at the end of Kieran St. May be able to help or may know someone who could.
    Good Luck.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I think these machines appear in Aldi or Lidl every now and again.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

If you do struggle to find anywhere you could do it yourself, around 25 euro for a tape to MP3 converter. Easy enough.

My memory sell them online, as do all the usual Chinese retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

If you are any way computer capable and have access to a tape player and a PC you can do this yourself.

1) Buy a minijack to minijack lead... you would get one in sherwoods (or similar) for under a fiver. It has a headphone connection on both ends

2) plug into the heaphone output of the tape player and into the microphone input on any computer

3) Using free software such as audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/) hit record and press play on the tape recorder

4) You may need to adjust volumes on both to get a clear signal

You can rip it to MP3 or stick the resulting WAV on a CD or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Silverscott

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Selling them in Aldi for 20 quid atm, - saw them this evening - if you have a tape player I'd just buy the lead though

Advertisement