Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania refund

Options
  • 07-01-2014 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭

I bought something from another retailer (Ishop 247) through Pixmania on 19th December , i realised straight away i'd order the wrong item so phoned up Pixmania and they said to contact the seller which i did. The seller cancelled the order and said a refund would be made. I called again a few days later and asked how long the refund would take and was told it was processed on the 20th, so fast forward to yesterday and still no refund. I contacted seller again and was told it was definately refunded on the 20th but it goes back to Pixmania and then they refund so i contacted Pixmania and was rudely told well there's nothing we can do and you'll get an email when it's processed. I asked them to check they had the refund from Ishop and begrudgingly and again rudely they agreed to check and came back and said yes the refund was there and i quote " When we get around to refunding you you'll be notified by email". :mad:

Never again will i use Pixmania not just because of the time it take but the customer service is shocking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's worth bearing in mind that the Christmas period will have slowed everything down. And it's also possible that refunds are only processed on a periodic basis (i.e. not straightaway).

Having said that, it might be worth talking to your credit card provider to see if a chargeback is an option here, and if so, what documentation would you need to support it.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭kristian12

dudara wrote: »
    It's worth bearing in mind that the Christmas period will have slowed everything down. And it's also possible that refunds are only processed on a periodic basis (i.e. not straightaway).

Yes i get that it would have taken longer with Christmas and New year and thats fine, i think it was the customer service attitude to the refund which irked me.

Having said that, it might be worth talking to your credit card provider to see if a chargeback is an option here, and if so, what documentation would you need to support it.

Hadn't thought of a charge back as it was a cancellation so thanks i'll see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,459 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

kristian12 wrote: »
    Never again will i use Pixmania not just because of the time it take but the customer service is shocking.

Boards is littered with stories from people who will 'never again' use Pixmania. In recounting their tale of woe they seem to assume that the rest of the population consults boards before giving their custom to a particular mail order firm while failing to spot the irony that that's precisely what they themselves conspicuously failed to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭cranefly

Their is just as many good stories about pixmania on boards as their is bad ones, but human nature being what it is we seem to only remember the bad reviews about them, people who have been treated as they should be by a mail order company, rarely feel the need to post their stories on boards. but if something goes wrong then watch out, every outlet they can vent their fury at will be utilised.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,459 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

cranefly wrote: »
    Their is just as many good stories about pixmania on boards as their is bad ones, but human nature being what it is we seem to only remember the bad reviews about them, people who have been treated as they should be by a mail order company, rarely feel the need to post their stories on boards. but if something goes wrong then watch out, every outlet they can vent their fury at will be utilised.

Don't agree. I used to deal with Pixmania in the early days when they were one of the first internet mail order companies to offer a large range of digital cameras (hence their name). They were a French company and had excellent customer service on the rare occasion that a delivery got screwed up.

The rot set in when they were taken over by DSG (Dixons/PC World/Currys), the bean counters decided it would be cheaper to run the customer support operation from Romania and it was downhill all the way after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - to the original topic, and offer advice on how to deal with the issue at hand.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭cranefly

As far as i can see the issue is resolved, as in, " When we get around to refunding you you will be notified by email " and the op response was " never again will i use pixmania." like it or not at least they responded, did not go off topic.

Advertisement