Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canceling UPC horizon trial

• 07-01-2014 12:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭

I was with UPC when I was offered the chance to take part in the UPC horizon TRIAL.i have just contacted them there to cancel UPC and was told when I started their TRIAL they automatically entered me into a 12 month contract to test their software and for me to cancel would cost €200.Really?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭The Orb

I did the trial aswell and I still have it. I don't think the Horizon box is a big leap forward but that's not the point. When I was speaking to the UPC rep I specifically asked them about what would happen if I wanted to cancel Horizon after the trial and I was told that I could do so and revert back to my old contract and set up with no penalties whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

The trial has been over for months, there's no way you can reasonably claim to still be on the trial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

The trial has been over for months, there's no way you can reasonably claim to still be on the trial.

What are you talking about?
    I am not claiming to still be on the trial.I am saying that when I was offered the trial the UPC reps said on these forums that we would not be required to enter a new 12 month contract when we started the trial as we were testing their software/hardware but when I rang UPC earlier I was told they did put us on a new 12 month contract and I would have to pay €200 to exit this even though I have been a loyal customer for years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Each time I ring UPC about the my account they tell me I am still in contract, they determine this be seeing I am a horizon customer ( I was on the trail also). I then tell them I was a trail customer who didn't get tied into a new contract and and they say "Oh yes I can see that here, I simply looked at the package you were on and assumed you were in contract" or something along those lines.

As long as you didn't take up their offer in August of moving to a new package after the trail has ended you shouldn't be in contract, however if you took up that offer you'll be in contract, I can't recall what the length of the contract was.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Just received this message from a UPC rep so thanks for the replies everybody I will update the thread when I hear back.

Hi Evilbart,

We can confirm that taking part in the trial period in no way affected your contract. Apologies if you were informed otherwise. Please PM UPC: Reps with your account details and we'll investigate now.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement