Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Sundrive Road/Kimmage Area

Options
  • 07-01-2014 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Looking at possibly moving into a house on Sundrive Road. It's very close to SuperQuinn.

Not familiar with the area so was hoping to get some feedback on it.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Never heard of much bother up that way, my cousin used to live down by the Stoneboat mind you and her car was robbed from outside the front door....lesson learnt, don't leave your car keys in reaching distance of the letter box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Friend lived around there for ages with no bother whatsoever.

The Stone Boat is fine for a pint but avoid The Four Roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I live on one of the roads off Sundrive Road and I love it. I've never had any problems. I also go running all around the area (around all the roads between Sundrive Road, KCR, Crumlin Road, Harold's X and the canal) at all times of the day and night (sometimes at stupid o'clock in the morning, sometimes late at night) and never encountered any trouble or scary situations.
    Obviously you'd want to be locking your bike if you're leaving it in your garden, or, like Gavin said, not leaving your car keys where they can be accessed, but that's the way with most places.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Benjani

Cheers for the replies everyone. Very helpful indeed.

If anyone else has any other feedback, fire away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

I cycle most days up that road and it all seems fine. Traffic is busy. Plenty of people out walking. As you say, good amenities near by and the park near the four roads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Benjani

I cycle most days up that road and it all seems fine. Traffic is busy. Plenty of people out walking. As you say, good amenities near by and the park near the four roads.

Sounds good, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭GirlatdRockShow

I live in that area too, never had any problems!
    :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

I'm from Crumlin and I've walked Sundrive Rd 100's of times and never had a problem. It's a grand spot with good amenities. 20 minute walk to Rathmines and close to the canal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    I'm from Crumlin and I've walked Sundrive Rd 100's of times and never had a problem. It's a grand spot with good amenities. 20 minute walk to Rathmines and close to the canal.

Rathmines is a bit more than 20 min away I would have thought. More like 30?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

I suppose it depends where on Sundrive you’re starting from, it’s a fairly long road. I walked from the bus stop outside Wolfes to the bus stop at the side of Tesco on the Rathmines Rd in 20 mins. I’m a pretty fast walker though! Nice walk too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement