Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RuuBot2 have infraction for using the term 'Jap'

Options
  • 07-01-2014 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/88282843

I was accused of being racist by OldHippy and received an infraction for the above post purely based on the abbreviation 'Jap'.

I pm'd RuuBot2 but they won't revoke the infraction.

I raised a feedback thread to add 'Jap' to boards swear filter but the admins broadly agreed it was overkill and I'd have a case to have the infraction revoked.

Regards,
    Terry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,696 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi Terry1985,

I'll look into this and get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Terry1985

Since ye seem to be having trouble revoking an infraction that is indicative of the PC bullying in AH,
    I thought I'd give you a few links to peruse and decide if it's the post reporter or the person they
    reported who should have been infracted/banned.

Nobody likes being accused of being a racist for simple faux pas against cultures they don't encounter daily.
    old hippy wrote: »
    But some here are too ignorant and indulging in high fives to comprehend.
    Circling like the other vultures, I'm sure.
    when people are using racial slurs, no. That's the tactic bullies use.
    I'm trying to get people banned for using offensive terms? Arf. They don't need my help on that front. Ignorant, lazy people usually end up hoisted by their own petard.
    There's nothing PC about calling out racism.
    None of them like the term and consider it racist.
    I hear you but I'm just sick to the back teeth of it. Do you follow? It's doing my head in & I can't stand it anymore.

Those of you who use it (not you, h) are shameless bastards.

Now that should earn me a ban & I can recharge until the inevitable onslaught some time in the future.

Feedback thread where the admins debating my proposal to add 'Jap' to the swear filter.
    A simple solution that would end this issue site-wide.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057118163

• Registered Users Posts: 33,696 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Firstly, other people's posts are not up for discussion here, and it's extremely unfair to the other poster to copy some of their posts into here to try and make a point, as they cannot reply to this thread to defend themselves.

If you have a problem with another posters posts, report them and let the mod deal with them.

As for your infraction, the mod is willing to lift the infraction as no offence was intended in your post. However, we would ask that you have more consideration before posting in how such words can come across. The word "Jap" can be offensive to people, and given that your post was in response to a comment regarding Nagasaki and Hiroshima, it simply wasn't the right phrase to use.

The infraction should be lifted in the next 24 hours, unless you wish to discuss this further, and I would suggest that whatever issue you have with old hippy is dropped now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Thanks Penn.

Terry1985, while it was agreed a card for your post was unwarrented, you did little to cover yourself in glory afterward.

Your feedback thread was unnecessary and if you'd simply come here the infraction would have been lifted without any fuss. You compounded this by posting irrelevant material in this thread and getting snippy with the CMod who was looking into this for you.

In future if you receive an infraction you feel is unwarranted, come here first if the mod won't entertain you.

If you have a bigger complaint about how mods are acting in a forum, post a thread in Helpdesk.

The card has been lifted.
    Good luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement