Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 - Xbox 360 to Xbox One?

Options
  • 07-01-2014 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Going up to get my brother and Xbox One. He already has battlefield 4 for the xbox 360, he mentioned something to me about game stop will take the 360 version for a fee.

Is this still in place or did he hear wrong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

username?! wrote: »
    Going up to get my brother and Xbox One. He already has battlefield 4 for the xbox 360, he mentioned something to me about game stop will take the 360 version for a fee.

Is this still in place or did he hear wrong?

Offer finished before christmas as far as I know, and to be honest I'd check what state the game is in on One at the minute before buying it, last I played of it things were not good regards the multiplayer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

calex71 wrote: »
    Offer finished before christmas as far as I know, and to be honest I'd check what state the game is in on One at the minute before buying it, last I played of it things were not good regards the multiplayer.

Yep calex71 is correct the offer finished before christmas. The game is playable now but sometimes can spend 5 or 10 minutes trying to join a server.

Have found joining US servers strangely alot less laggy and easier to join

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mac783

Agree with the others about the terrible multiplayer issues with BF4, There is nothing "Next Gen" about a Battlefield game with rubber banding, lag, game crashes/freezes, missing sound in vehicles, you know... all the same things we had in the last 2 battlefield games last gen.

Incredibly disappointing considering the expense to experience this.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Chris Dowling

I haven't had any multiplayer issues as described above, I have a good line currently 78mb and playing 32v 32 is brilliant only issue is first 5-10 secs of joining match you get that no sound glitch, also are you doing a quick search for games or using the server browser to find the best ping for you? I only search by server browser and its a quicker way of getting in as you select the servers with large amount of players on and highest ping.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mac783

I haven't had any multiplayer issues as described above, I have a good line currently 78mb and playing 32v 32 is brilliant only issue is first 5-10 secs of joining match you get that no sound glitch, also are you doing a quick search for games or using the server browser to find the best ping for you? I only search by server browser and its a quicker way of getting in as you select the servers with large amount of players on and highest ping.

I only play on official servers in Europe with "supposedly" the best ping, yet I have never experienced a day of Battlefield that hasn't given me serious issues (rubber banding most frequently on more games than not)

I have a 200mb broadband pack from upc so that shouldn't be the issue.. but who knows it could be temperamental.

& I now only play conquest 64 as I feel like they have made a mess of Rush in BF4 (a mode I thoroughly enjoyed in BC2-BF3)

These issues are quite common with new Battlefield releases but this time it feels like it's much worse & it's disgraceful that it has persisted so long.

It's making me look foward to the next Halo game, though I havn't enjoyed Halo that much since Halo 2, at least you know Microsoft will have some decent servers & the game isn't being rushed out the door like an EA game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I havent played BF4 for a few weeks now. And I wont be playing until they fix them and by the looks of it, this is going to take a while...

I wouldnt recommend any, IMO get a different game. Havent turned on my Xbox one for 2 weeks, I am back on my Xbox/Ps3... cant wait for titanfall

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Bohrio wrote: »
    I havent played BF4 for a few weeks now. And I wont be playing until they fix them and by the looks of it, this is going to take a while...

I wouldnt recommend any, IMO get a different game. Havent turned on my Xbox one for 2 weeks, I am back on my Xbox/Ps3... cant wait for titanfall

Battlefield 4 has been running much better in the last few weeks. You get the odd server with a bit of lag but overall myself and many boards XB1 players are enjoying the game.

Advertisement