Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boots leaving Castlebar?

Options
  • 07-01-2014 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭

Anyone else hear that boots where pulling out of castlebar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

naughto wrote: »
    Anyone else hear that boots where pulling out of castlebar?

No. The place was packed over Christmas. I imagine that the money is in prescribed medication and maybe the old people are not going to move from their existing pharmacy. That might be a problem. The late opening hours are good for me as not everyone has time to go during normal opening hours. The 1hr free parking is handy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

I use them a lot as well,every pharmacy was packed over the Christmas tho buying crap people don't need.there is a s1hite load of pharmacy s in castlebar when you think about it,also hear that a big clothes shopnis to close as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

I'd be shocked if this happened. It's always busy when I'm in it.

Trying to work out when they would have signed up to a lease as a lot of other buisnesses signed up to high rents in the height of the boom. They opened in mid 2011 so if they signed up a few months earlier rents would still be high. Maybe it's high rents that's the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Where did you hear that OP? We usually don't entertain rumours so unless there is some reliable source this thread will be closed to stop it spreading.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

prob best to close it so

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement